MSHI Expansion? | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
if I'm recalling correctly, Comcast still owns a piece of Hulu with Disney. I imagine Disney is going alone on another streaming service.

This business is so intertwined, but content is still king hence why the IP holders hold all the cards.

Disney will still own Hulu though, they just recently said they put most of the mature shows and movies in Hulu and keeping the family-friendly ones for its own streaming service. With Fox IPs in the mix, it would Disney a good reason for its own streaming service, where people can choose plenty of valuable options to choose from. Without Fox, Disney's streaming service wouldn't be as attractive and can be potentially useless.

Well, Fox only owns the film rights to the X-Men. Marvel/Disney still owns everything else from; comics, animation, and merchandise rights. Same goes for Sony when it comes to Spider-Man.

Uni already owns the theme park rights to the X-Men, hence the Storm Force Accelatron ride, and the X-Men characters in the park. Comcast buying Fox and getting the X-Men film rights wouldn't change a thing.

I'm not sure I understand why Uni would need permission from Disney to add or replace anything in MSHI when they already own the rights to do stuff with those characters. Sony and Fox don't need any kind of approval or permission to produce Spidey or X-Men films, so I don't see why theme park stuff would be any different. I don't even remember seeing any thing about needing permission in the contract, but I could be wrong.
It would certainly change the aesthetics of Marvel land if Universal based things on their own cinematic X-Men film

Also, Universal has to get Marvel's approval for things, but there has to be a really good reason for Marvel to block Universal.....And I feel like Disney really doesn't care in the big picture of things...

It would certainly change the aesthetics of Marvel land if Universal based things on their own cinematic X-Men film

Also, Universal has to get Marvel's approval for things, but there has to be a really good reason for Marvel to block Universal.....And I feel like Disney really doesn't care in the big picture of things...

And Disney/Marvel can't reject Universal's changes to the island for whatever reason apart from claims of the latter abusing or severely neglecting the area with little respect.

An Avenger's ride with all sets and animatronics would be outstanding
I disagree.

I think for a great Avengers ride you need a good mix of props, animatronics, and yes even screens.

You can't truly immerse yourself into another world without use of screens, it can't be done with just animatronics and props alone. Can you honestly say Spider-Man would be as great as it is without the use of screens? Spidey uses the perfect balance of screen and props.

Plus animatronics don't tend to age well, and look dated pretty quick. Animatronics also break down, and Uni has tendency to not fix animatronics that stop working. Look no further than MIB, The Mummy, even Jurassic Park, and ET.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Marvel rides at Disneyland, won't make use of screens.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I disagree.

I think for a great Avengers ride you need a good mix of props, animatronics, and yes even screens.

You can't truly immerse yourself into another world without use of screens, it can't be done with just animatronics and props alone. Can you honestly say Spider-Man would be as great as it is without the use of screens? Spidey uses the perfect balance of screen and props.

Plus animatronics don't tend to age well, and look dated pretty quick. Animatronics also break down, and Uni has tendency to not fix animatronics that stop working. Look no further than MIB, The Mummy, even Jurassic Park, and ET.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Marvel rides at Disneyland, won't make use of screens.
Depends on how you use them..I think being right next to Spiderman would be the reason for pursuing a different path with the Avengers ride...We don't want Spiderman, but with Avengers

I think screens are great for depth and background place making

Depends on how you use them..I think being right next to Spiderman would be the reason for pursuing a different path with the Avengers ride...We don't want Spiderman, but with Avengers

True. We don't want it to be a clone of another ride already inside the park. Uni has 4 of those already.

But you can still make a Avengers ride thats unique to itself even by using screens, sets, props, animatronics, etc. FoJ kinda does a little of all that, and its nothing like Spider-Man or Transformers.

Either way, if an Avengers ride was gonna happen it would've happened by now. Honestly, Uni should already be working on another ride for MSHI so that they can remain competitive with Disneyland when their own Marvel rides open. I think Uni is gonna need something big to reel people in when that happens.

True. We don't want it to be a clone of another ride already inside the park. Uni has 4 of those already.

But you can still make a Avengers ride thats unique to itself even by using screens, sets, props, animatronics, etc. FoJ kinda does a little of all that, and its nothing like Spider-Man or Transformers.

Either way, if an Avengers ride was gonna happen it would've happened by now. Honestly, Uni should already be working on another ride for MSHI so that they can remain competitive with Disneyland when their own Marvel rides open. I think Uni is gonna need something big to reel people in when that happens.
Absolutely, I would like to see Universal move on from "trying to do Spiderman again", that lightning has already been captured in the bottle - move on

I wouldn't lose hope on an Avengers ride honestly

Also, Spidy is my favorite Marvel character, so I like you username and avatar :thumbsup:

I wouldn't lose hope on an Avengers ride honestly

Also, Spidy is my favorite Marvel character, so I like you username and avatar :thumbsup:

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but idk 18yrs later and MSHI still looks the same. But we'll see.

And thanks! Spider-Man, and Sonic the Hedgehog are my top two franchises. Well, them and Transformers. :cheers:

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm trying to remain optimistic, but idk 18yrs later and MSHI still looks the same. But we'll see.

And thanks! Spider-Man, and Sonic the Hedgehog are my top two franchises. Well, them and Transformers. :cheers:
It's weird, I feel UC viewed IOA as a "perfect park" for the longest time. Until Potter came into the picture nothing was added to IOA except a kiddie coaster and a flat ride...I think Universal is starting to change that, of course, it will take time