MSHI Expansion? | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I said it last year and I’ll say it again this year: Universal really dropped the ball not having an amazing and epic Avengers ride ready.

I mean...so did Disney.

In fact I think Dis dropped the ball more not having any big MCU rides open for the ENTIRETY of the MCU's heyday.

Universal could open a comics-inspired Avengers in 5 years and probably get the same boost as they would have now.

I mean...so did Disney.

In fact I think Dis dropped the ball more not having any big MCU rides open for the ENTIRETY of the MCU's heyday.

Universal could open a comics-inspired Avengers in 5 years and probably get the same boost as they would have now.
Them too but this thread is about MSHI.

I don't think it's a question of value, it's that they can use Star Wars at every park.
Actually, not really. Or not as successfully at least. Star Wars isn’t big in China at all, where they have two resorts.

The Avengers/MCU brand is much larger everywhere right now than Star Wars, even if it can’t be used in WDW.

Disney clearly values Star Wars more, which is odd to me

I think Star Wars has a broader appeal because more people have seen it and even those who haven’t, can tell you who the characters are.

Marvel is the hot ticket just now but I bet more people could name 5 Star Wars characters than Avengers.

Reactions: natespf
I think Star Wars has a broader appeal because more people have seen it and even those who haven’t, can tell you who the characters are.

Marvel is the hot ticket just now but I bet more people could name 5 Star Wars characters than Avengers.

Strongly disagree with this statement. Marvel's actually been around longer than Star Wars which people need to remember.

Strongly disagree with this statement. Marvel's actually been around longer than Star Wars which people need to remember.

I don’t think it matters about how long it’s been around. Before Spider-Man in the early 2000s, Marvel was fairly niche compared to the popularity of Star Wars.

The younger crowd obviously know who the Avengers are but if I was to ask my parents, they would struggle. About half my friends, haven’t seen a single Avengers film but have all seen Star Wars.

I don’t think it matters about how long it’s been around. Before Spider-Man in the early 2000s, Marvel was fairly niche compared to the popularity of Star Wars.

The younger crowd obviously know who the Avengers are but if I was to ask my parents, they would struggle. About half my friends, haven’t seen a single Avengers film but have all seen Star Wars.

I'd argue Spider-Man has a wide audience, even before the Raimi trilogy. He was the first of the comic heroes to have a popular TV show. He was/is Marvel's biggest name, and bigger than any Star Wars character outside of, arguably, Vader.