MSHI Expansion? | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He does appear six times on Spider-Man ride and has the street named after him already.

EDIT: And a couple references in the new Hulk queue.

View attachment 8476
Right, I know he's all over the ride and the street name but I think he was prominent enough of a figure that he deserves more. I think something like a standing statue somewhere or a statue of him sitting on a bench that guests could sit and snap a pic with would be a very nice touch. Or at least those are what I would like to see and take a pic with :)

Important question since Disney now owns the rights to Marvel Comics is their very little Universal can do with updating Marvel Super Hero Island since Universal only has very little rights to Marvel now even though they still own it. Disney has the big advantage with Marvel now over Uni. We won’t see any new attractions in the land in the future because of the Disney acquisition? I’m not sure if that is how it’s going to work going forward.

Reactions: rioriz
Important question since Disney now owns the rights to Marvel Comics is their very little Universal can do with updating Marvel Super Hero Island since Universal only has very little rights to Marvel now even though they still own it. Disney has the big advantage with Marvel now over Uni. We won’t see any new attractions in the land in the future because of the Disney acquisition? I’m not sure if that is how it’s going to work going forward.

I'm sure @Brian G. or @Joe can point to where that Marvel rights go, but I do believe it's the other way around.

Disney can only use so many of the Marvel characters, and as long as the usage of the characters are okay; Universal can take action in creating attractions and entertainment based on Marvel..in Islands.

Hell, Iron Legion pops into mind real quick on where they were working on something of a larger note than the Hulk renovations that occured for a 2016 opening.

The answer is No. Please read this column which explains why.

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Inside Universal

It all just comes down to Universal coming up with a viable attraction incorporating one of the families (Spiderman, Avengers, Fantastic Four and X-Men) they own the theme park rights to.

We need some more marvel supervillain attractions to be in MSHI. Like Magneto, Venom or Carnage, Galatacus, Abomination, Dark Phoenix, Electro, Thanos?

The question comes down to - how? Realistically, we don't need another moving theater ride. We have a simple teacup ride, a drop tower, and a huge rollercoaster. Shy of a slow moving dark ride, MSHI is actually pretty diversified. Just about anything you do would have a duplicate.

I'd rather have a show. A Sinister Six show could be legit. I could imagine Doc Ock with puppeteers controlling the arms a la the Nemo show.

The question comes down to - how? Realistically, we don't need another moving theater ride. We have a simple teacup ride, a drop tower, and a huge rollercoaster. Shy of a slow moving dark ride, MSHI is actually pretty diversified. Just about anything you do would have a duplicate.

I'd rather have a show. A Sinister Six show could be legit. I could imagine Doc Ock with puppeteers controlling the arms a la the Nemo show.
technically Spiderman is a slow-moving dark ride :)

I wouldn't call it a "simple" tea cup ride. I feel like I can get those things moving much faster than any other tea cups I've been on. Always fun for the family- and always BEFORE lunch!!

image0.jpg

The coins are back!