Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mulligan's Pub

Feb 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Time to start a topic for this quaint little pub.

While in the establishment yesterday, I noticed a cool menu posted on the left wall. It looked new, so I decided to take a photo:

16849537100_2ba2f829a8_c.jpg

I love Mulligan's. I hope it never leaves.

I remember going in once after a shift and the little CRT was playing some random LA syndication channel with Seinfeld reruns. I wasn't sure if it was themeing or not haha.

Oh boy... I just mentally spent $68 on drinks... the only thing I wouldn't get is the Pitch Perfect Martini... seeing that specialty drink menu, yea, I knew there had to be a reason I've avoided Mulligan's like the plague.. :lol:

The Amity Island Mai Tai is very similar to what I would get at Finnegan's in Orlando (its just missing a 3rd rum & a can of Monster). So this pleases me..

^Yes, that. haha

I will sadly (or proudly?) admit, that back in Orlando when I would go to Universal, I'd walk into Finnegan's and without even saying anything to them, the bartenders would see me and ask "Your usual, hun?" :ph34r:  lol The worst (or best) part is, I could not go to the park for a few months and they'd still remember.

Seeing this menu, I might have to pass the "Amity Island Mai Tai" name along in honor of my "gone, but never forgotten" ride. (RIP - JAWS 1990, 1993-2012)

The only drink I've tried from this menu was the Frankenstein's Revival and I was so disappointed. I felt like I was drinking liquefied sour candy  :blink:

HOWEVER, I will say that all of my other experiences have been great here. The bartenders are all super nice and very talented. They make a pretty great Old Fashioned. I'll have to try the Jurassic Water next time I'm there. 

Honestly, this bar is amazing. There are a few bartenders there that are much nicer than others. Mark and Jeannie to name a couple. This is the only FULL bar in the entire park. Some of the team members have mentioned to me that there were rumors that it was going to become a cupcake shop. Please go to guest services and tell them how much you love this bar. I'd be so sad to see it go. Back in the day I used to meet my dad in here for a glass of milk after a hardcore play session at Fievel's Playland. Those were the days. 

I've heard the management has been trying to change things around the bar... I guess most of the bartenders like working there because they get to do more than pour a flaming moes all day and they get better tips. Management sees this as a red flag for whatever reason. I think it's bizarre to think something is wrong when your bartenders are happy. Hopefully things don't change too much!

It's so charming. I forgot, are there any food options in there beyond typical little bar snacks?
Just bags of chips and pretzels, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liquefied sour candy?.... that is actually a thing & its much much cheaper haha... only downside is, it doesn't result in drunkenness.

Ugh... seriously!? They want to get rid of a place that actually brings in money? and for cupcakes!? I guess I can understand wanting to make it into a cupcake shop due to its location next to Despicable Me... The only way I would be fine with this, is if they relocated Mulligan's to a new location. Maybe find a way to put in French St?.. I hate that Moulin Rouge just sits there (without its long lost windmill)...

There really needs to be a bar on the Lower Lot as well. That would be ideal. Having to go back up the Starway for another drink would be awful. Removing this bar would not be a smart thing to do. Hogshead only serves beer (...I think.. I don't really know, I only drink Butterbeer lol)..

Finally gave in & stopped by Mulligans twice this month... Forgot to post this first pic weeks ago, but before HHN on Saturday, Nov 7th... I stopped in here and tried the "Amity Island Mai Tai"... and wow, for a small drink, they sure put a lot of alcohol in there haha.

TrS9kuH.jpg

And this past Friday night, I tried the "Jurassic Water"... I'm not a fan of the blue curacao, so this was hard to swallow (HAH).. I'm sure the tequila didn't help either. With that being said, I didn't mind this drink. It was pretty good, not sure I'd get it again unless I was in the mood, but the bartender working mixed it pretty well. But damn, so much alcohol in such a small cup haha

ZNfOGwB.jpg

When I was chatting with the bartender Friday night, he held up a can of monster, so I told him I'd put their skillz to the test by making my drink I'd always have while at Universal Orlando... unfortunately, after looking, I don't seem to have a pic of said drink on my laptop (or FB) :(

The menu at Mulligan's has changed... but don't worry, they can still make our favorite Universal Monster drinks along with Jurassic Water...

uWgnSCL.jpg

I did have it confirmed to me that Baker St will become the NEW "New York Street", but more importantly, Mulligan's is staying. It will just get a revamp to be a NY style Irish Pub, similar to Orlando's Finnegan's (however, unlikely it will be enlarged to become a restuarant/bar). Yay liquor is here to stay!

So essentially, it's "Let's change mostly nothing outside of that it's now a NY Irish pub, yayy!!!"

That would make me think though, they don't intend on touching Parisian or that side of French Street, if Mulligans is being kept. Either way, glad to see this staying.

Well... to be fair, the only restroom in that area is located right next to Mulligans... the next closest is Animal Actors & Waterworld. It's possible we could still lose Parisian Courtyard in some capacity for the revamped area, but also unlikely. There is also the mini grab-n-go Palace Theatre food service right there as well.