NBA City Closed | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad. I didn't even know there was a restaurant. I thought it was just a game center. I can't recall anyone saying they ate there.
I've eaten there several times. I'm not an NBA fan but the food is great! I will definitely have to go and get the strawberry dessert one last time before it closes.

Also how does NBA City fit in with the theme of Disney Springs?
How does it fit? Disney Springs is, for all intents and purposes a mall. This fits just fine. It's not like DS is another take on MSUSA or Buena Vista Street. Disney Springs is themed to modern day. Anything goes.

I'm sad to see it go. For as long as I can remember, NBA has always been my dinner spot the first day of the trip. Well at least I can go one more time this year, if that reported August 31st closing date is accurate. Can anyone confirm that? The Universal Facebook just said "late August"

I'm sad to see it go. For as long as I can remember, NBA has always been my dinner spot the first day of the trip. Well at least I can go one more time this year, if that reported August 31st closing date is accurate. Can anyone confirm that? The Universal Facebook just said "late August"

It'd be a safe bet, but nothing concrete.

Another thought, not saying turning it into this, but somehow theming it to Port of Entry, have its own entrance to the park like Rainforest at DAK. Serve breakfast even

Reactions: Mad Dog and Quint

I'd guess that it stays open at least until the new NBC Sports joint opens up.

So maybe they are shooting to have the new place open by early Sept?

Anyway... I'm not a betting man, but I would say there's a very high chance this will be a Uni Owned & Operated replacement. Why split money with an outside company when you can do it yourself? It seems to be their M.O. lately.

I'm willing to bet that's a lock

Which is ironic because thats the exact opposite of the direction Disney is headed in.

Any chance it becomes something like splitsville? They already have the mini golf a bowling place would be cool in city walk

I believe Splitsville is at Disney Springs, so that would be absolutely out of the question.

I really think a mega family style themed restaurant could be a draw. Perhaps something modeled on an Adventurers Club style thing with lots of animated AA's. I would love to see Uni crack that kind of nut, but it would have to be absolutely unique and not a franchise.

Last edited:
I picture a couple of smaller restaurants themed to different parts of the world going in..

In a perfect 'me centered' world...we'd get something like Oxford Exchange themed to IOA

oxford-exchange.jpg

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
^ Love that idea! Indian, Turkish and Thai would blow my skirt up.

Too, thanks for reminding me who originally suggested the Adventurers Club thing. "Yardley Witherspoon's Caravan Club"... something like that, really quirky for kids to wonder about. Even have eccentric Yardley present for photo ops at tables while he surveys the service.

Last edited:
So I'm one of the 536 people that follows NBA City on Twitter and they confirmed the August 31st closing date to me. I wonder if the store will have some kind a blowout sale

Status
Not open for further replies.