NBA City Closed | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lifelong wrestling fan, I hope to see if become a Hall of Fame themed restaurant. Cheesecake Factory would be a buzzkill for me. It just doesn't scream theme park. I also have one literally five minutes from my house so it would remind me of home too much. Of course they'll probably sell it as "worlds biggest Cheesecake Factory" but ehhhh.

Working on this as my own concept for a project, but here's what I envision:

Small rustic art nouveau district of sorts that mirrors PoE's mix 'n' match architecture style, but is meant to feel more like PoE's city area as opposed to just its 'Main Street'. Multiple small shops, one for blown glass and character-themed artisanal valuables, one for unique snacks and confectioneries curated by Confisco (so like his city branch), one for a wine cellar offering a large assortment alongside paired snacks and cheeses, and lastly a small alleyway that leads to a door to a 'hidden' Club 33 style bar on the second floor that is private except on certain days of the month (e.g. every other Friday night for TMs and a plus one, every Saturday/Sunday night for AP holders) and has exclusive mixed drinks with custom cups a la Grog Grotto. Manicured park in front featuring string lights and 6 food trucks parked throughout it each hosting popular foods from every continent.

And this would be part of PoE expansion that also adds an iconic flat ride and a quick service eatery to the waterfront overlooking the IOA lagoon.

Exactly what I was thinking...why does their only need to be one restaurant here?

To comment on moving NXT to Universal: that won't happen because as JungleSkip mentioned, it's tied to Full Sail (contractually). The DAVE School being a Universal tenant would likely deter any move as well, just because of the bad blood between Full Sail and DAVE.

DAVE School's relationship with Universal Orlando is similar to WWE's with Full Sail: They both allow students to shadow the staff production engineers as part of their classes and they both give intern opportunities to those respective students who excel.

As a lifelong wrestling fan, I hope to see if become a Hall of Fame themed restaurant. Cheesecake Factory would be a buzzkill for me. It just doesn't scream theme park. I also have one literally five minutes from my house so it would remind me of home too much. Of course they'll probably sell it as "worlds biggest Cheesecake Factory" but ehhhh.

I'm told that there is indeed a certain long-rumored "factory" slated to reside there, but not of the cheesecake variety

I wouldn't mind a new concept from Cheesecake Factory. But not.. just.. a Cheesecake Factory.

Cheesecake Factory does have an upscale version called Grand Lux Cafe. They have one in downtown Chicago and its amazing. The food quality is 10 times better.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
If they built something like a Wonka place would they ever consider putting in a little dark ride Ala a chocolate boat in a restraunt? That would be a draw!!!

Wonka restuarant would be amazing and so one of a kind and over the top, that if they theme it well and the food is fantastic would be a mega win to get more people to citywalk...More people in city walk higher revenue meaning Comcast/UNI more willing to expand and give more awesome unique experiences!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.