1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

NBC Sports Grill & Brew (USH)

Discussion in 'CityWalk Hollywood' started by AlexanderMBush, Oct 15, 2019.

1. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

Eh. I was never a big fan of Tony Romas. Always was drawn to other, more interesting dining experiences in Citywalk. Hopefully NBC Sports will change that for me, if all goes well.

2. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

We were at the park last night, and oddly, Howl at the moon looked as if it were about to open. It was fully light, there were two bartenders inside and some security, it appears as if all the furniture/chairs/tables/pianos were all still in place, and about 8 guests were lined up outside. This was approximately 7pm. I thought it was already supposed to be closed? I'm quite confused.

That said, Tony Roma's below looks relatively torn up in comparison. But HatM seemed open for business. Was it a one time only special event, or is closing later on?

3. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Pretty sure they're open through this weekend.

4. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

Ah. I had thought Howl was closing at the end of October or first weekend of November.

5. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Howl is in no rush to be removed as it's rumored to be replaced by park offices next year and not another CityWalk offering. It's possible that staff from the new HW Blvd location can be transplanted to the CityWalk location for special events every now and then until they decide to gut it. Just a guess.

6. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

According to their website, they're not moving to Hollywood Blvd. until this Thursday, Nov 14 so looks like they may have still been in business at CityWalk this past weekend.

Live Music Bar | Hollywood Nightlife | Party Venue | Event Space | Howl at the Moon

Also, if you can make it for their grand opening sneak peek, looks like they have a pretty decent offer.
    • Free Admission
    • Two $1 Drinks
    • $1 Coors Light & PBR
    • $4 Jack Daniels
    • $4 Skyy Vodka
    Howl at the Moon's Grand Opening Sneak Peek! Tickets, Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM | Eventbrite

7. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

Interesting.

^^I thought that there was speculation that Tony & Howl would be combined to make a giant, 2 story NBC Grill. Anyone know more? Or will the second story just be built into the Tony space? It almost seems there'd be room for it.

8. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

Quoting myself, but now a clear update on the status.

Fallow and AlexanderMBush like this.