NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll admit that I had reservations for seeing the product.. Boy I will take it back. From pictures alone, the place looks amazing and that menu looks really great! Can't wait to hear the reviews for NBC Sports.

Can't wait for the Olympics coverage there with all the NBC networks carrying events so you can watch it all.

Can't wait for the Olympics coverage there with all the NBC networks carrying events so you can watch it all.
You can do the same thing at pretty much every B-Dub's in America. Just because it has NBC in the name doesn't mean they'll only show NBC content. Sure it has a lot of TVs, but so do most sports bars of this nature.

You can do the same thing at pretty much every B-Dub's in America. Just because it has NBC in the name doesn't mean they'll only show NBC content. Sure it has a lot of TVs, but so do most sports bars of this nature.
Not just the TV's. The place bad a great vibe. Food is very good(what we had) great service, good selection (from burgers to dry aged steak). Great drink selection . I'll be back....often.

Reactions: Nick

You know how many people ask where they can see the World Series/Super Bowl/World Cup/Olympics on WDW/UOR property? One of the highlights of my trip in 2014 was going to the Odyssey and watching the USA WC game.

Reactions: maxairmike
You know how many people ask where they can see the World Series/Super Bowl/World Cup/Olympics on WDW/UOR property? One of the highlights of my trip in 2014 was going to the Odyssey and watching the USA WC game.
Oh, on UOR property this will certainly be THE place to go for an event no doubt.

WDW needs to up it's game a bit when it comes to sports bars and not just focus on "Themed Bars". ESPN Club is there obviously, but the Boardwalk is incredibly hard to get to and that place fills up quick for big events. Splitsville and all of the bars at The Boathouse show sports games, but beyond that, all that's in the future that we know of is The NBA Experience. I want to be optimistic and hope that they will do good there because Disney needs another good sports bar.

What is Odyssey?
It was the name of the restaurant on the "island" between Future World and World Showcase near Test Track before it closed almost immediately after the park opened. It's empty now but used for special events like when they turned into a sports bar for the World Cup.

It was the name of the restaurant on the "island" between Future World and World Showcase near Test Track before it closed almost immediately after the park opened. It's empty now but used for special events like when they turned into a sports bar for the World Cup.

Oh... that building. Loved the bathrooms there... very very unbusy. :)

It was open for games on TV?

Quick review - stopped in tonight for dinner and some beer and enjoyed the meal. A lot of quirky things happened during our sitting that I will not comment on since it's the first day of soft openings and certain criticisms in food delivery sequences and other minor issues are not warranted.

Reviews of the food we ordered:
Margherita flat bread pizza - very good. Fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese with basil - solid app
Rueben spring rolls - another solid app -
Beef Brisket platter - meat a little dry, but tasty. Waiter said they smoke their beef and pork on-site which is a plus
Wisconsin Cheddar Burger - ordered burger cooked medium, came out well done and dry. Still pretty good though.

The Beer:
OK, this is where I am a little spoiled back home since I am comparing NBC grill and brew with Xfinity live in philly.
Tried one beer flight with local brews and it was OK.
Tried their "in house" IPA called "IPA 622" or something, and it was just OK. Back home Victory Hop Devil or Troegs perpetual IPA blows it away. I am not a beer snob, just found the local and "in house" beers a little underwhelming.

Having said this, with over 100 beers available on tap or in the bottle, there is plenty to sample and I am sure plenty to like. I am sure over the next 6-12 months they will get their beer line up tweaked and fine tuned.

Overall, I would give NBC grill and brew a very favorable review for first night soft opening and will definitely return.

Now, Universal ( OK, COMCAST), why don't you guys show some northeast love and import some of our beers from the region that made you what you are today? Dare I say Troegs, Victory, Yards, Weyerbacher, Brooklyn.......I could go on, but I digress.........

Quick review - stopped in tonight for dinner and some beer and enjoyed the meal. A lot of quirky things happened during our sitting that I will not comment on since it's the first day of soft openings and certain criticisms in food delivery sequences and other minor issues are not warranted.

Reviews of the food we ordered:
Margherita flat bread pizza - very good. Fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese with basil - solid app
Rueben spring rolls - another solid app -
Beef Brisket platter - meat a little dry, but tasty. Waiter said they smoke their beef and pork on-site which is a plus
Wisconsin Cheddar Burger - ordered burger cooked medium, came out well done and dry. Still pretty good though.

The Beer:
OK, this is where I am a little spoiled back home since I am comparing NBC grill and brew with Xfinity live in philly.
Tried one beer flight with local brews and it was OK.
Tried their "in house" IPA called "IPA 622" or something, and it was just OK. Back home Victory Hop Devil or Troegs perpetual IPA blows it away. I am not a beer snob, just found the local and "in house" beers a little underwhelming.

Having said this, with over 100 beers available on tap or in the bottle, there is plenty to sample and I am sure plenty to like. I am sure over the next 6-12 months they will get their beer line up tweaked and fine tuned.

Overall, I would give NBC grill and brew a very favorable review for first night soft opening and will definitely return.

Now, Universal ( OK, COMCAST), why don't you guys show some northeast love and import some of our beers from the region that made you what you are today? Dare I say Troegs, Victory, Yards, Weyerbacher, Brooklyn.......I could go on, but I digress.........

the main craft beer distributor in the area is Brown, and they are very much about "Drink Local"...did you seen any beers from Funky Buddha, Cigar City or Due South?