NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What kind of screen is that? Larger pixel LCD or something else? It reminds me of the huge background screens they sometimes use on tv shows like AGT and The Voice.

IMO, I just think its tacky....takes away from everything else in Citywalk, just as it stands out like a sore thumb.

I guess I'm the only one in the "I like it category." lol. yeah, it's bright, but it also matches city walk. They want a bright, flashy, colorful, and vibrant feel to the place and this does just that. It was dark on that end. Too me, its no worse than the Coke station or that bright marquee on Hard Rock. When they are showing a bright video on that....its BLINDING from all angels; but when they are showing normal videos, it's cool. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. That screen is NOT cheap. Just go to InfoComm next year and see what I mean. I doubt they jumped on that bandwagon without first thinking about the lumens of the screen that size. Still, i respect the opinions of those who may think it's too much.

I guess I'm the only one in the "I like it category." lol. yeah, it's bright, but it also matches city walk. They want a bright, flashy, colorful, and vibrant feel to the place and this does just that. It was dark on that end. Too me, its no worse than the Coke station or that bright marquee on Hard Rock. When they are showing a bright video on that....its BLINDING from all angels; but when they are showing normal videos, it's cool. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. That screen is NOT cheap. Just go to InfoComm next year and see what I mean. I doubt they jumped on that bandwagon without first thinking about the lumens of the screen that size. Still, i respect the opinions of those who may think it's too much.

I like it also :thumbsup: But im also a sucker for things like that, love places like Times Square and Vegas

Those of you that had the burgers - are they fresh ground burgers, or the standard frozen patty that Margaritaville, Cowfish, etc. use? Cowfish for the first week used fresh ground beef and it was the best burger I'd ever had. Now they don't use them.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I like it also :thumbsup: But im also a sucker for things like that, love places like Times Square and Vegas
Exactly. It really makes city walk look like a "real city." total contrast from Disney Springs. Days I want to be in a less bright place with a calmer vibe (minus the people), I go there. Their vibe is old water bottling town. Days I want to feel young, vibrant, loud, and crazy, I go to City Walk. EVERYTHING they have there is flashy and loud in some kind of way. I think they are achieving their goal.

Makes CityWalk seem more kinetic, I agree.

I love that phrase. "Kinetic." That somes it up.

Those of you that had the burgers - are they fresh ground burgers, or the standard frozen patty that Margaritaville, Cowfish, etc. use? Cowfish for the first week used fresh ground beef and it was the best burger I'd ever had. Now they don't use them.

Tasted like it was fresh ground beef to me and was great.
Smokehouse Stack - Beef burger with brisket and a whole lot of other good stuff.

It was definitely pretty bright but once it has actual content on it, it won't be so bad. Does anyone know what the far right panel is for? A little tough to see in those images but one panel was still dark and looked like it had a boarder around it. I was thinking maybe it will show the score of the game being shown or something.

I think it will be to promote anything and everything from scores, to the menu to NBC programming and Universal Pictures to NBC's new sports channel.

It will be to draw guests in, that's the entire purpose of it. Football staturday/Sunday? Show multiple games on that baby and people leaving Studios will be drawn in, especially those looking for a place to watch sports.