NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This place is going to be a huge hit, and mobbed on Sundays for sure and for all big events like Finals and World Series games etc. I'm all for it and I love the vibe the concept art gives off.

I was just shocked that someone thinks Citywalk needs more American food in an expansion of a place that is literally full to the brim with American food. This should be more than enough for the easy going "bar & grill" type places. And it will make a LOT of money. Also I'm pretty sure the food should be better than standard, especially if they bring the Philly team down to help out.

I am sure this place will be very popular. I can guarantee I won't visit, and that is merely because I can go to this sort of place at home, and travelling thousands of miles to do something everyday seems daft to me.

For locals or regulars to the parks it'll be brilliant and will no doubt blow NBA City away!

Fingers crossed this is open in late August when I go. Would love to try a new place. I actually really liked Nascar. The food was good and the TVs at the booths were a nice touch. This sounds good though

I'm actually excited about it. I loved NASCAR and it's food. My only hope is that Universal keeps security around pretty tight to handle those kinds of people who can't mix their alcohol and sports enthusiasms. I was slightly disappointed with Universal's security last time I went to a City Walk venue (the AMC) and we literally had to go find a guard to come remove someone out the theater from yelling at the screen throughout the entire movie. Other than that, I'm stoked!

Is that because no other network wants to spend the money. From 2012 it seemed like your coverage over there was poor at best?

I thought 2012 coverage was impeccable. People complained about tape delays during Sochi, but with the time difference I understand why they did it, and I would bet every other network would have done the same in that situation.

Reactions: Jon84
I thought 2012 coverage was impeccable. People complained about tape delays during Sochi, but with the time difference I understand why they did it, and I would bet every other network would have done the same in that situation.
It was some article I read at the time, about outrage, probably one of these. Made it sound like the U.S public were too forgiving.

Thanks! I believe they could really make something out of it in Orlando with live broadcasts from this new venue. It seems there are so many sport stars that live in Florida that they could offer some fun expert commentary etc., and promote UOR at the same time.

Thanks! I believe they could really make something out of it in Orlando with live broadcasts from this new venue. It seems there are so many sport stars that live in Florida that they could offer some fun expert commentary etc.
A studio built inside for a weekly show would be cool. With a glass window that looks over the bar. Much like the people hanging out behind the Today Show Studios in NY

Is that because no other network wants to spend the money. From 2012 it seemed like your coverage over there was poor at best?
I feel like at this point, the Olympics are synonymous with NBC here in the U.S. They have had it for so long, it is ingrained. The Olympics are obviously happy with them and as long as NBC can pony up the cash, I do not foresee them ever giving up the rights.