NBCUniversal Evolution Plan | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time fo---

in all seriousness, wonder if we're going to get An announcement soon. Usually large scale plans are announced around now (Barham and Potter were November and December). Doubtful but it's in my mind.

Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time for that hotel, Please let it be time fo---

in all seriousness, wonder if we're going to get An announcement soon. Usually large scale plans are announced around now (Barham and Potter were November and December). Doubtful but it's in my mind.
I was just thinking yesterday, “What the hell is up with that patch of land where Saddle House was?” If there is more coming then that space most certainly has to factor in, right?

I think it's almost a guarantee that a hotel will be in place before the 2028 olympics, especially since USH will serve as the International Broadcast Center for tv crews broadcasting the games around the world. Another thing to consider is that Los Angeles will be one of the host cities for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which could be another impetus for Universal to build a hotel even earlier.

Last edited:
So
2023 Nintendo Land
2024 Super Charge Coaster (and hopefully Dream works theater gets a new film)
2025 DK?
2026 Hotel and another new attraction

So
2023 Nintendo Land
2025 DK?
If they don't break ground on something else in 2023 besides the Fast and Furious coaster, I think 2025 will be the year we get a new DWT film. Someone else on the DWT forum said that due to the cost of animation and having to pin down voice actors, DWT only gets a new film when there is a year when nothing major is built. As for the big attraction that is coming in 2026 that is anyone's guess. But I am guessing right now it could be a version of Sing on Tour if they can find some way to reconfigure the Parisian courtyard to round out the Illumination mini land or a Simpsons ride replacement. There have been rumors that Simpsons could be leaving USH in 2024 which would lineup for a 2026 addition. I would personally like the Simpsons replacement to be a classic monsters ride exclusive to USH. I would like to see it could use the updated Transformers ride system and screen tech on the Jurassic world ride in Beijing or the Upcoming Potter attraction in Epic Universe.

So
2023 Nintendo Land
2025 DK?

2024 is too ambitious for the F&F Coaster. They can't even start demolition on the site until early next year early next year and then they have to build and test the darn thing. It took about two and a half years for VelociCoaster to go from construction walls to open, so I think it's more likely that the F&F coaster is at least a 2025 opening or it could even be the big 2026 opening. I'm thinking, more conservatively:
2023 Nintendo
2024 New DWT Film
2025 Simpsons Replacement
2026 F&F Coaster

I think 2024 might be kind of low-key as far as new attractions go, seeing as it's the 60th anniversary and they might be trying to play up that as a way to draw guests in rather than offering anything big and new.

2024 is too ambitious for the F&F Coaster. They can't even start demolition on the site until early next year early next year and then they have to build and test the darn thing. It took about two and a half years for VelociCoaster to go from construction walls to open, so I think it's more likely that the F&F coaster is at least a 2025 opening or it could even be the big 2026 opening. I'm thinking, more conservatively:
2023 Nintendo
2024 New DWT Film
2026 F&F Coaster

I think 2024 might be kind of low-key as far as new attractions go, seeing as it's the 60th anniversary and they might be trying to play up that as a way to draw guests in rather than offering anything big and new.

I'm willing to counter in that for F&F, I think there's a valid case that can be made with other coasters within the area having similar construction times of a year and a half to get it off the ground and ready. Assuming they can begin demolition as soon as the review goes approved in Late January, I think a 1.5ish build with a July 2024 feels not far fetched at all. Could be moreso me expecting something more like The Italian Job Stunt Coaster (Which was a Dave Cobb project) with modern Intamin scale and thrills.

If I'm willing to guess though?

2024 - F&F
2025 - Studio Tour Relocation to commence the completion of the Electric Conversion with a new attraction added at the former pit stop area
2026 - Hotel and Phase 1 of the next Lower Lot expansion
2027 - Phase 2 of the Next Lower Lot Expansion
2028 - Springfield Replacement

I'm willing to counter in that for F&F, I think there's a valid case that can be made with other coasters within the area having similar construction times of a year and a half to get it off the ground and ready. Assuming they can begin demolition as soon as the review goes approved in Late January, I think a 1.5ish build with a July 2024 feels not far fetched at all. Could be moreso me expecting something more like The Italian Job Stunt Coaster (Which was a Dave Cobb project) with modern Intamin scale and thrills.

If I'm willing to guess though?

2024 - F&F
2025 - Studio Tour Relocation to commence the completion of the Electric Conversion with a new attraction added at the former pit stop area
2026 - Hotel and Phase 1 of the next Lower Lot expansion
2027 - Phase 2 of the Next Lower Lot Expansion
2028 - Springfield Replacement
For the future lower lot expansion you laid out for the 2026-2027 frame, would the first phase go in the area next to transformers and the second go by demoing Mummy? And I assume they would be lands. As for the attraction that would go in the pitstop area on the upper lot, would it be one large attraction or a could they find make it a mini land?

Now USH has just one show. I know most who post here aren't into shows, but I loved the "old" USH when there were many shows.

No one is predicting any new shows through the 2020's? I guess there's just no space for a new theater.

Now USH has just one show. I know most who post here aren't into shows, but I loved the "old" USH when there were many shows.

No one is predicting any new shows through the 2020's? I guess there's just no space for a new theater.
If you scroll up a bit people are thinking Bourne, which has been a rumor for a little while now. There’s also the possibility of some sort of temporary show coming to plaza that people have mentioned.
I really like Bourne, but I think at this point I’m more hoping for something good for young kids. USH needs more stuff for them imo

Reactions: ItsAtrap

I’d not mind shows but they never update them
Dream works theater was suppose to try to update more and nothing

WW is a huge kinda show so I’m good with it staying but special effects and animals actors just got old and for some reason they never updated them

If you scroll up a bit people are thinking Bourne, which has been a rumor for a little while now. There’s also the possibility of some sort of temporary show coming to plaza that people have mentioned.
I really like Bourne, but I think at this point I’m more hoping for something good for young kids. USH needs more stuff for them imo
Sing on Tour would fit the bill. Though I wonder how they would reconfigure the Illumination mini land to fit it.

2023 Nintendo
2024 New DWT Film
2026 F&F Coaster

I don’t think any of the Universal parks celebrated their annuversaries of either themselves or Universal’s own cinematic history so I don’t see them really doing anything with the 60th.

I don’t think any of the Universal parks celebrated their annuversaries of either themselves or Universal’s own cinematic history so I don’t see them really doing anything with the 60th.
Thats a good point and think Universal should start Celebrating more. Dont think they need to push a ride for the 60th but have some fun pop up's to celebrate Studios History

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
I'd assume French Street having to taken away, that or the old Walking Dead area.
In an alternate universe they could have used the AA and SES space to do an expanded and improved version of Sing on Tour with more characters and effects and different songs and called the street next to it Sing Street and put the F&F coaster on the lower lot replacing Mummy.