Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

If the upper lot tram area were to be repurposed for a new attraction, is it possible that chunk of space could be annexed in and combined with what will eventually replace the Simpsons Ride to make a land or will it be it's on separate land and attraction?

Someone mentioned on either the Mummy or Fast and Furious coaster forum that the mummy show building had it's roof redone while soundstages 24-43 have not implying that they will be coming down in the coming years for lower lot expansion. Which we all knew. However, does anyone know if soundstage 19 and the parking deck could also be removed for park expansion?

Cross posting, but with charging pads being installed in the tram load/unload station does this mean that any plans to use the current tram load and unload station for upper lot expansion are off the table? If USH had plans to use this space for theme park expansion, I don't think they would have put these charging pads there.

Cross posting, but with charging pads being installed in the tram load/unload station does this mean that any plans to use the current tram load and unload station for upper lot expansion are off the table? If USH had plans to use this space for theme park expansion, I don't think they would have put these charging pads there.
Assuming the tram tour doesn't move until ~'25, that would've meant the chargers would've been in use for four years. Not terrible mileage. They might've had some reasons for prioritizing the phasing in of electric trams

Assuming the tram tour doesn't move until ~'25, that would've meant the chargers would've been in use for four years. Not terrible mileage. They might've had some reasons for prioritizing the phasing in of electric trams
I am not an engineer so correct me if I am wrong, but maybe there is a way to dig up and preserve the charging pads to move them to the hypothetical new tram station. Or more likely they will be destroyed when the tram station as we know it gets dug up. But what places on the property could be considered options to build a new tram stop?

I think they are going to wait until Fast and Furious coaster to make the next plans after DK

I think they want a few years of good data on Nintendo land and how the movie does. If the coaster comes out and is a much much smaller bump in revenue compared to Mario Kart and its land, I think that will green light a third Nintendo land and at that time they'd also move the tram if said new land would be in either Simpsons land or the tram area. Point is I think they are waiting and will only move the tram once they green lite a new big land there

I know that there are rumors Falls Lake will fall (pun intended) for theme park expansion. But if that were to happen would the parking deck that sits parallel to FL be demoed as well? I though I read the State of USH forum that one of the parking decks would go for theme park expansion. As for the type of land that would go in falls lake, I assume that would be accessed by removing on the parking structures or would they port MMOM over from EU and have some form of the Hogwarts express take use to it?

I know that there are rumors Falls Lake will fall (pun intended) for theme park expansion. But if that were to happen would the parking deck that sits parallel to FL be demoed as well? I though I read the State of USH forum that one of the parking decks would go for theme park expansion. As for the type of land that would go in falls lake, I assume that would be accessed by removing on the parking structures or would they port MMOM over from EU and have some form of the Hogwarts express take use to it?
Not a chance in Hades they tear down any of the parking structures, especially the one by FL which is the one they most recently built.

There is some random parking lot south of FL, which what I think you're talking about. I could see that be used for park expansion.

Just so we are on the same page. This area in Yellow is Tram area I think is rumored to be used. The Green area is area I dont think they will touch but could if they need more space in 15+ years.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 082434.png

Food for though: with speculation the tram tour could be reconfigured in the future(likely by either being relocated to the lower lot or moved away from the park as an up charged experience) to free up the current tram load/unload area for theme park expansion, how exactly could they use it? I don't see it being used for a land as you would have to modify the area to bring it up to the rest of the upper lot ground level, not to mention how it butts up against the FJ show building. But would it be possible to use the space as part of whatever replaces Simpsons? If USH wanted to they could easily put a large scale family ride on par with Runaway Railway. Or would it be used for a train station or transportation to whatever goes into Falls Lake? (This would likely be a copy of MMOM from EU if they wanted to bring more potter to the West Coast.

Food for though: with speculation the tram tour could be reconfigured in the future(likely by either being relocated to the lower lot or moved away from the park as an up charged experience) to free up the current tram load/unload area for theme park expansion, how exactly could they use it? I don't see it being used for a land as you would have to modify the area to bring it up to the rest of the upper lot ground level, not to mention how it butts up against the FJ show building. But would it be possible to use the space as part of whatever replaces Simpsons? If USH wanted to they could easily put a large scale family ride on par with Runaway Railway. Or would it be used for a train station or transportation to whatever goes into Falls Lake? (This would likely be a copy of MMOM from EU if they wanted to bring more potter to the West Coast.
We already have a lower lot. Only thing they would have to be changed is more Escalators. You could put an attraction/land where the Tram area is now and go from there. I don't think they would spend money to make that whole area match the upper lot.

We already have a lower lot. Only thing they would have to be changed is more Escalators. You could put an attraction/land where the Tram area is now and go from there. I don't think they would spend money to make that whole area match the upper lot.
My guess is it would be for a large scale attraction with the entrance and exit being where the tram stop is now. If there was a land they would have to figure out how to somewhat block out the back of the FJ showbuilding.

My guess is it would be for a large scale attraction with the entrance and exit being where the tram stop is now. If there was a land they would have to figure out how to somewhat block out the back of the FJ showbuilding.
That would be cheaper then having to raise up that much land for new lands/attractions

Also we have no idea what kinda lands will go there. If its Potter can fit in well with the backside of FJ. It could also be a virtual land like SNW to block out things as well.

I also don't think USH cares much about you see the show building, look at SLOP or even Nintendoland they just have plain walls where guests can see them from other angles.