NBCUniversal Experience | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Experience

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They need to get rid of the Coraline stuff... Box Trolls, while newer, needs to be decreased... I hate that ParaNorman pretty much goes unacknowledged despite being the better movie of that style.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any House of Horrors additions yet, but maybe that'll happen during this current closure. I do know that when I went to the park last month, I noticed 2 new additions: Dracula's costume from Dracula Untold (film) & a new concept art piece for Bride of Frankenstein from Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue replaced the Beetlejuice concept art.

The problem with an exhibit like this is that you almost need to decide what you want to exploit- the past rides/attractions from the park or the studio's tv/film history. There just isn't enough space for both without consistently changing what's on display every few months.

I disagree about the Lakia, I think they have a reason to stay and to be more honest. Its one of my favorite studios in the NBCUniversal roster. And if you see some behind the scenes of Stopmotion; its fascinating.

Reactions: Aaron
Or!!!! The botanicus anamatronic
Unfortunately the Botanicus animatronic has rotted away. I have pictures somewhere, i almost cried when I saw him rotting away in one of Universal's tram parking lots/staging areas. Universal has a habit of quite literally not giving a damn about its history. They're better about it now, but before, be it a historic ride or historic movie, Universal never cared. Look at the abysmal condition the DeLorean was before it was restored.

Lots of studio tour memorabilia in the displays right now, which I like.  I'm pleased that they saved some prior uniforms.  Quite a bit of the other displays are different than I remember, but I don't always go in here.  I focus much more on the new construction in the park so some visits I don't go to the lower lot at all.

Experience_032115_1.jpg
Experience_032115_2.jpg

Experience_032115_3.jpg

Experience_032115_4.jpg
Experience_032115_5.jpg

Mind f I ask where that's at in the museum?
Not sure what specific items you're referring to.  The tour costumes are inside the front door on the left as you round the corner.  The Parks and Rec stuff is shortly thereafter.  Sallah is in the corner where the Cylons used to be.  ET and the flux capacitor set piece are on the back wall rough across from the Delorean's passenger rear wheel.  I hope that helps.

Nooooooooooooooo..... they got rid of Dracula's costume from Dracula Untold :(  Say what you will about the movie, that costume was so amazing looking. -sigh- The Studio Tour uniforms are cool too though...  I find it odd that they're honoring the Studio Tour, yet they got rid of the Studio Tour Cylon... because that makes sense. (trying to use logic again ....oops)

Universal has a habit of quite literally not giving a damn about its history. They're better about it now
Tell that to SS28 <_<

Tell that to SS28 <_<
"Universal to demolish 'Phantom of the Opera' Soundstage, but preserve Silent Film's set." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of studio tour memorabilia in the displays right now, which I like.  I'm pleased that they saved some prior uniforms.  Quite a bit of the other displays are different than I remember, but I don't always go in here.  I focus much more on the new construction in the park so some visits I don't go to the lower lot at all.

Experience_032115_3.jpg
Pretty cool that they have Parks and Rec stuff in there! 

chris-pratt-gif-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
"Universal to demolish 'Phantom of the Opera' Soundstage, but preserve Silent Film's set." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty cool that they have Parks and Rec stuff in there! 

chris-pratt-gif-1.gif
Agreed, I am impressed that they thought of that, and even including memorable part such as the cones of duneshire part.

Reactions: Aaron
I'm referring to an item that was previously in the exhibit, not just a piece from the attraction.
Then the "E.T. audio-animatronic" your reffering too is a part of the attraction, by the way the animatronic "botanicus" is part of the exhibit portion of the attraction...

Then the "E.T. audio-animatronic" your reffering too is a part of the attraction, by the way the animatronic "botanicus" is part of the exhibit portion of the attraction...
Not quite sure what you're trying to say.. I realize that the E.T. AA was part of the attraction, but it had also been in the NBCUniversal Experience prior to this recent refresh. I was hoping that they would bring it back after it was suddenly taken out.

Unfortunately the Botanicus animatronic has rotted away. I have pictures somewhere, i almost cried when I saw him rotting away in one of Universal's tram parking lots/staging areas. Universal has a habit of quite literally not giving a damn about its history. They're better about it now, but before, be it a historic ride or historic movie, Universal never cared. Look at the abysmal condition the DeLorean was before it was restored.
Awwwwwwww that's sooo sad :/ yea I've noticed that universal doesn't give a s**t about their past stuff . Im always on the look out for botanicus but I never managed too spot him .... and about the delorian , yeaaa I've seen a big change on the car it looks way better then how it was outside if the BTTF ride ..

You won't be able to spot him, they dumped him a long time ago.

As for the DeLorean, the one in front of the ride was a different park-specific DeLorean. They sometimes had the screen version car drive around early on, but then they had one specially made for display in front of the ride, which was horribly inaccurate. Ugly and oversized Mr. Fusion, covered in junk, and two time circuit displays, it was hilarious.

Not quite sure what you're trying to say.. I realize that the E.T. AA was part of the attraction, but it had also been in the NBCUniversal Experience prior to this recent refresh. I was hoping that they would bring it back after it was suddenly taken out.
WTH!? Lol I never had the chance to see it . The only things ive seen was the communicator that was used on the film , the actual bike , and the little E.T. anamatronic from the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH!? Lol I never had the chance to see it . The only things ive seen was the communicator that was used on the film , the actual bike , and the little E.T. anamatronic from the ride.
The recent refresh that just happened brought back a different E.T. animatronic; it's the one covered in a blanket that sits on the front basket of the ride vehicles.

You won't be able to spot him, they dumped him a long time ago.

As for the DeLorean, the one in front of the ride was a different park-specific DeLorean. They sometimes had the screen version car drive around early on, but then they had one specially made for display in front of the ride, which was horribly inaccurate. Ugly and oversized Mr. Fusion, covered in junk, and two time circuit displays, it was hilarious.
Aha I remember seeing doc brown riding it somewhere near the old little western spot by the Flintstone's games , I took a picture with him lol good old times . He lliterall kept repeating to me "DO YOUR HOMEWORK, GO TO SCHOOL , AND WHAT EVER YOU DO KID, DONT RUIN TIMETRAVEL"?, lol

The recent refresh that just happened brought back a different E.T. animatronic; it's the one covered in a blanket that sits on the front basket of the ride vehicles.
Tell me why I had a feeling they were going to do that ,? ^___^

The recent refresh that just happened brought back a different E.T. animatronic; it's the one covered in a blanket that sits on the front basket of the ride vehicles.
Tell me why I had a feeling they were going to do that ,? ^___^