NBCUniversal Experience | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Experience

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow! Very interesting. I wonder if it'll be replaced with the Hello Kitty experience like in Orlando, or if this is to prepare for future construction and development on the Lower Lot.

Either way, if a larger version of Universal Experience ends up being inside the HoH experience as I wished about and predicted, I will be EXTREMELY happy, it'll be a perfect fit!

Either way, this is very interesting development. I'm excited to see if it'll be fully demolished or repurposed, as that will give me an extremely good idea of what's next :p

What could make sense to me that is; NBCUniversal closes early September, Panda closes Late September with its food options moved completely to Jurassic Cafe and the Character shop in October. Then right after HHN, the entire complex gets demolished with the CSI Soundstages around the same time. Just a guess but it'd make some sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stylowtrix
I don't expect Hello Kitty to be replacing this (although it did cross my mind when it became known that it'd replace Orlando's Lucy tribute). Especially if the building is going to be demolished. If they have a much larger "plan" in the works for the Lower Lot, it wouldn't make sense to shove Hello Kitty into a location that may or may not be there in another year or so. I still say Hello Kitty will be on the Upper Lot.

Many props and artifacts will live on in the HoH replacement building apparently. It will house a mini museum of Universal's past aside from the regular retail and dining experience.
So... basically the NBC Universal Experience? :p

But seriously though as long as my DeLorean stays put I'll be a happy camper.

Dang...I hope the props remain a part of the park available for the public to view somehow. I always liked viewing the JP props there when I went...

The NBCUniversal Experience will close on September 1.

So, if this ends up being completely true, am I allowed to humbly say "called it a year ago!"? ;)
I know Chris Lord introduced the idea on the podcast a long time ago, so that honor actually belongs to him.

Reactions: Jonathan
The NBCUniversal Experience will close on September 1.

I know Chris Lord introduced the idea on the podcast a long time ago, so that honor actually belongs to him.
Considering I don't ever listen to the podcasts, like, at all, and considering Chris and I have talked about this in personal blue sky conversation before, I guess you can say great minds think alike then. I don't need a golden happy face sticker, don't worry. ;)

I originally was hoping that they'd move the NBC UNIVERSAL Experience to the new Universal Plaza when it was still in early construction, and was hoping that it would be a part of the tower before I knew what it was. I guess it's coming true, but a few feet the other way in a different building!

Considering I don't ever listen to the podcasts, like, at all, and considering Chris and I have talked about this in personal blue sky conversation before, I guess you can say great minds think alike then. I don't need a golden happy face sticker, don't worry. ;)
That's a little mean don't you think? All Jon was saying is that you're not the only one to talk about it. 

Never did i say I was the ONLY one who called it or talked about it. Chris and I have discussed it in conversation personally before. I'm just excited that I guessed that a version of Universal Experience would come to the upper lot years ago.

And I'm not trying to be mean at all! I'm simply being honest, I don't listen to the podcasts because of my work schedule, so I wouldn't have known if Chris brought it up during the sessions, so I was just letting it be known/backing up why I didn't know, since I just don't listen. I'm well aware others have brought it up multiple, nowhere did I say "omg I was first, round of butterbeer on me!' Lol. I'm just excited I DID think of it. That's all...

Jon just always likes to tease/put a damper on my fun in one way or another. He didn't HAVE to say anything at all and it could've been left alone at my enthusiastic comment. Oh well, no hard feelings, we're like rivaling brothers. It's all good.

Reactions: alias8703
I really hope that any museum aspect to this building is substantial and not just an afterthought of a few props. If they can make it interactive and have lots of photo opps, as well as lots of props and costumes from multiple eras, that'd be fantastic. I hope they find a really cool new place for the DeLorean inside!

I know they want to protect it from the elements but I hope they put it somewhere that doesn't require it sitting in a glass cube.

I hope people like cafes.
giphy.gif
W...what?

Well that's kinda lame. I would've preferred at least a restaurant considering the bland offerings downstairs. I hope they'll have a nice array of cafe foods, but if I was a betting man, I'd say that it'll be a clone of the French Street Bistro without the French theme and offer the same grab n go stuff....