Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Experience

So we lose a museum of the past (yea it will most likely end up on the upper lot) for more dining... yippie.

I guess when the only food options are Jurassic Café & Panda Express.... it makes sense they'd want to add another food option down there that isn't snack/dessert type stuff.

I'm glad they're offering another food option in the Lower Lot, but this brings up a few questions: 

Why place two cafés so close together?

Will they wait until the HoH replacement opens to compensate for the loss of the museum?

Will they completely demolish the structure containing NBCUE, the Transformers photo station, and the drink stand?

How much time does Panda Express have left at this point?

That photo station is definitely going bye-bye.

I just don't get why USH feels compelled to add more and more dining. Surely Springfield helped the major issues? Does LL really need more?

I mean, it won't hurt to have more I guess, but I'm just bummed it'll most likely be very generic.

However...if they're planning to add another new attraction in the very near future in the lower lot, another dining spot REALLY won't hurt...

This is ridiculous. Putting the props into archive again is ridiculous...that was always a highlight to go there and look at the JP props there and now they will be hidden into a dusty warehouse?

More and more dining. USH is becoming a very expensive food court with some 3D movies.
Potter will bring in some crowds, but I have a feeling this will be quickly gone when people realize star wars land has more action and for probably a better value at this point. I feel sometimes that the JP ride is whats making it worth it for me, and I might go for potter later, but right now the park is fast incorporating more 3D then is required.

Potter will bring in some crowds, but I have a feeling this will be quickly gone when people realize star wars land has more action and for probably a better value at this point. I feel sometimes that the JP ride is whats making it worth it for me, and I might go for potter later, but right now the park is fast incorporating more 3D then is required.
By the time Star Wars Land opens Hollywood will probably have built Diagon Alley already. Star Wars Land concept looks incredible but saying Potter won't continue to draw crowds is a ridiculous thing to say imo.

By the time Star Wars Land opens Hollywood will probably have built Diagon Alley already. Star Wars Land concept looks incredible but saying Potter won't continue to draw crowds is a ridiculous thing to say imo.
I agree with you. I probably think the time Star Wars Land Opens , Hollywood will have Diagon Alley & Other big Attractions built .

Honestly, if the new Orlando King Kong attraction is as amazing as I think it'll be, I'd rather we get THAT than Diagon Alley, and save room for ANOTHER attraction on top of that, and then redo our tour's Kong with a different theme.

I know this is crazy dreaming, but how amazing would it be if our Kong was rethemed as a new version of the BTTF Ride but made for the tour.

Imagine:

"Doc Brown wants another go at Time Traveling Tourism, so he's partnered with Universal Studios Hollywood to make it a reality. An 8 passenger DeLorean isn't efficient enough, so we find out that our entire tram is outfitted with a Flux Capacitor and flight capability. The first scene is a musion scene where Doc explains some of the tech to us, with a transmitted cameo from Marty, but then Biff (shocker) steals the latest DeLorean AND the tech that makes it possible to convert any vehicle to a time machine, and escapes through time to give it to his past self. We then enter the main 360-3D showroom with updated simulator bays with more articulation, and we travel back to time to 2015, which we learn is an alternate dimension from ours, hence being so retro high tech, then back to 1955 and around the Hill Valley Courthouse Square, then hop even more back in time to a prehistoric jungle that's next to a Volcano, catch/bump Biff, and go Back To The Future. Our tram then exists and Doc thanks us on the monitors above us.

Last edited by a moderator:
But wouldn't Diagon Alley take too much space from the lower lot ? Can it be built somewhere else ?
My thoughts on Diagon Alley are very simple for the Lower Lot.  Look at our Lower Lot Redesign thread.  However, more sound stages would have to be demolished as well as Mummy.  The current idea I have would fit without the Hogwarts Express connecting the Upper Lot.  I do hope they find a way to integrate the HE here in Hollwyood.  It would take a lot of pressure off the already crowded Starway.

The rotating props 'n costumes that kept it fresh, seeing props from my favorite films up close, flashbacks to the Lucy A Tribute museum since it's the same layout, the DeLorean, the 50th anniversary exhibit, and being in there with friends and discussing everything and relaxing in the chilled building. I hope something similar ends up on the upper lot.