Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Christmas Celebrations at Universal?

Could they fit a big temporary tent out back behind Hogwarts somewhere? Those tents can be made to look very nice on the inside; climate controlled and the whole nine yards. I'm sure they could use a themed covered walkway and convincingly sell it all as still inside the castle.

It won't fit - FJ and JP are right against the perimeter road which is right up against the outside world.

It can go in a soundstage. Once HHN is out, one of them becomes the Grinch show. Another one could be this.

It could, but plenty of folks would SCREAM foul play. Yule Ball takes place in Hogwarts.

So this may just be my inner geek coming out, but the Yule Ball is not a Hogwarts tradition... It's a Triwizard Tournament tradition. So while the only time we have seen it in the series is obviously at Hogwarts, within the Wizarding World at large and throughout its history it could have been held in any number of places.

If someone was extremely clever they could build a tent or something in the access road between FJ and JPRA directly behind Pizza Predatoria. FJ's queue links to this space and it's used as overflow when needed.

So assuming someone got really creative it could be done.

A possible FJ projection show & party was mentioned in a survey Universal sent out last year....That was quick. The other trees were still there last week.

Universal is acting so much like Disney lately... ripping up trees on a whim and then replacing them with something more conforming. Thank goodness they aren't specimen trees or I would get all cranky.