New Entrance To Universal Studios Florida? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Entrance To Universal Studios Florida?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
F1282633-5E4D-4B7D-982C-EC76EC8A60EA.jpeg 1D32E0F5-C71F-4EC1-96BC-FC20FA70EA60.jpeg
I think our USF arch should get a little makeover along with the ticket booth and guest service area. It’s very dated and the colors are a little old and dated. I personally liked the original color scheme of USF and I’m a pretty big fan of Hollywood’s which looks much cleaner and more grand than ours for sure. I’m ESPECIALLY not a fan of the black and white checkerboard floor that reminds me of early 2000s Universal City Walk. I think the entrance should be redone and I appreciate Jameson’s enthusiasm and open mindedness unlike a lot of people in this thread that love the word no. Obviously the arch is iconic and wouldn’t be replaced with something completely different, but a repaint, additions, fresh new canopies, a cool new bronzed gate, and fountain area would be amazing.

View attachment 6701 View attachment 6702
I think our USF arch should get a little makeover along with the ticket booth and guest service area. It’s very dated and the colors are a little old and dated. I personally liked the original color scheme of USF and I’m a pretty big fan of Hollywood’s which looks much cleaner and more grand than ours for sure. I’m ESPECIALLY not a fan of the black and white checkerboard floor that reminds me of early 2000s Universal City Walk. I think the entrance should be redone and I appreciate Jameson’s enthusiasm and open mindedness unlike a lot of people in this thread that love the word no. Obviously the arch is iconic and wouldn’t be replaced with something completely different, but a repaint, additions, fresh new canopies, a cool new bronzed gate, and fountain area would be amazing.
The Hollywood one looks very 'California'...I would love ours to take on a more 'Florida' type feel...Same with the entrance/area before Minions

If the new Minion ride happens...A new Minion area would be great where Production Central is

Reactions: Cheezbat
The Hollywood one looks very 'California'...I would love ours to take on a more 'Florida' type feel...Same with the entrance/area before Minions

If the new Minion ride happens...A new Minion area would be great where Production Central is
It does look California and a new minions ride :eek:O:

It does look California and a new minions ride :eek:O:
View attachment 6701 View attachment 6702
What about the studio lot building has shops and cafes

Whether they do a new update or not, the main store NEEDS to be expanded. Still too small for what it should be.
My Predicted completion date for the new studio lot building entrance should be either 2021 or 2022

Whether they do a new update or not, the main store NEEDS to be expanded. Still too small for what it should be.
It can be moved in the new entrance

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I would do it. Pull the arch and the ticket booths forward, flattening them into a single line. Part of that will include widening the immediate area between it and the bridge.

Everything inside the gate gets pushed away and up. The Studio Store pulls closer to the gates and becomes a 2-story structure. The cafe(?) across from Hello Kitty moves beside it, pulling those morning crowds away from that first turn into Hollywood.

The Guest Relations/Restrooms get rebuilt, with a second level walkway for employees which leaves the VIP entrance available.

The key thing all of this gives is SPACE, allowing the DM facade to be better seen and allowing more freedom for meet and greets/cart vendors.

An oblique paving, mimicking the circle outside, forms the intersection of Production Central.

Attachments

• ADD681CF-971F-4F19-B609-2F1C15148805.jpeg
    ADD681CF-971F-4F19-B609-2F1C15148805.jpeg
    955.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: LJGonz