Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's attendance at two of the four parks has been in steady decline for awhile. Seems like Epcot and MK now can't make up the difference. Simply put: lack of new attractions over the years, prices, and more considering the UOR option for part of or for a full trip.

Thanks. What a shame... DisCo sat around on their hands for so many years and now they are going hog-wild spending money. What happened to steady-as-she-goes?

Yes, with Brazil and all of South America in economic difficulties right now, there's a significant decline in the visitors from those places. That's going to be especially troublesome for Disney since Disney Springs was built primarily to keep them and their money on property. I have a feeling it will perform below expectations. It's all starting to catch up to Disney that they neglected to invest in new attractions. Especially if Universal continues to break attendance records while Disney experiences declines.

I wonder how much a South American resort (Disney or Universal) would affect attendance at the Orlando parks. Sao Paulo, Panama City, and Bogota are some of Orlando's busiest international routes.

There seems to be a huge untapped market down there.

I wonder how much a South American resort (Disney or Universal) would affect attendance at the Orlando parks. Sao Paulo, Panama City, and Bogota are some of Orlando's busiest international routes.

There seems to be a huge untapped market down there.
There is a huge market, but most that would go there already travel to Orlando anyway.

I think this is a another situation where we go, here it is, the final nail in Disney's coffin. Then Avatar opens next year and attendance is back up. The year after that is TSL, the year after that is SWL, which will hold attendance up for several years. Then we go back into Disney doing nothing again. Will they learn their lesson from this experience? As a fan of theme parks, I hope so. As someone who has had Disney disappoint them too many times, I doubt it.

I think this is a another situation where we go, here it is, the final nail in Disney's coffin. Then Avatar opens next year and attendance is back up. The year after that is TSL, the year after that is SWL, which will hold attendance up for several years. Then we go back into Disney doing nothing again. Will they learn their lesson from this experience? As a fan of theme parks, I hope so. As someone who has had Disney disappoint them too many times, I doubt it.

No one is suggesting or saying this is a nail in the coffin.

No one is suggesting or saying this is a nail in the coffin.

That was poor word choice on my part. I more meant with the attendance decline people are talking about it being from no new attractions catching up to them. Which we have been talking about for a long time. I just don't see it lasting long and I also think a large part is foreign economy. I still think next year it will be back up in the summer, because it is Disney, and for some reason their lack of action seems to never harm their bottom line at WDW.

With the historic instability of Latin America there is little chance that any of the big parks will expand down there. They'll just keep enticing them to come here.

I don't think that Disney is in any kind of real problem here, and I'm sure that TEA will report their attendance keeps increasing no matter what when the report comes out. I just expect that we will see them really try to ramp up introducing new attractions to their parks, trying to be faster and keep up with the competition. Which brings it back to my original post in this thread that big changes are coming to Dinoland...

Rumor has it that Disney has wanted to open a park in Brazil for years. Every time they get anywhere close to beginning the process something goes horribly wrong down there.

I would love to see Dinosaur replaced. Between cutbacks and other areas needing attention it would seem like a low priority.

That was poor word choice on my part. I more meant with the attendance decline people are talking about it being from no new attractions catching up to them. Which we have been talking about for a long time. I just don't see it lasting long and I also think a large part is foreign economy. I still think next year it will be back up in the summer, because it is Disney, and for some reason their lack of action seems to never harm their bottom line at WDW.

Disney built their bed and they're sleeping in it. Lack of new attractions in several parks have reduced the the actual attendance to parks way way down. DAK and DHS aren't 10 million a year parks. I was talking to a friend tonight about this, what does Disney want to do: lie about attendance for the next few years still and understate the impact of Star Wars that was sold to the board or come clean and face the music?

Honestly, I'm thrilled at hearing Dinosaur and BTMR are going down for refurbishments. I have a list of attractions that need to go down with them.

Disney built their bed and they're sleeping in it. Lack of new attractions in several parks have reduced the the actual attendance to parks way way down. DAK and DHS aren't 10 million a year parks. I was talking to a friend tonight about this, what does Disney want to do: lie about attendance for the next few years still and understate the impact of Star Wars that was sold to the board or come clean and face the music?
Future World NEEDS big time help over the coming years. More things seem to be closing/closed than open these days. It almost seems comes across as abandoned in many respects (Probably because it has been...)

Future World NEEDS big time help over the coming years. More things seem to be closing/closed than open these days. It almost seems comes across as abandoned in many respects (Probably because it has been...)

We can only hope. As I say, buying a new car every three years because you don't do basic, cheaper, maintenance on your current one doesn't make you a good car owner.

Honestly, I don't see EPCOT getting any love soon. Frozen will bring in a bajillion people which will "prove" that the park is working fine. DHS + AK will be the focus for the future. And it'll be a long, long future.

I'd hate to see Dino get replaced by Indy. I actually really like the theme and animatronics. I think its one of the most undervalued rides in the whole resort, **however** it desperately needs this upcoming refurb. It probably should be longer to really improve the ride with: better theming, better queue, more lights, new effects, new AA's, etc. I think the surrounding attractions and areas bring down Dinosaur. Lets be real, BONEYARD???? who even came up with the idea for such a waste of space???? tear it, primeval whirl, and even perhaps the finding nemo show down for a more detailed and impressive prehistoric theme and ride that brings more attendees than these three attractions ever could.

The attraction layout is very similar to Indy but in no way can they just "add" it. The support structure and attraction layout is completely different.

Checking up on the refurb? Or something else..

Nah. He just lost one of his earrings on a previous ride & he's going back looking for it. Note the confused concerned look on his face. :lol:...................Seriously though, Dinosaurs is one of my favorite Disney rides (maybe because it has the feel & thrill of a Universal ride). I'm looking forward to my day at AK in May when I can experience the refurb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.