New Project for Dinoland? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see Indy coming to DAK anytime soon. I mean, MAYBE by 2025 but not in the next 3-5yrs. Especially since Disney just announced some major attractions for multiple parks.

However, IF Indy replaces Dinosaur I think they would basically rework the line so the entrance is pulled out to the main pathway to where Dinorama is currently. This would allow them to make a nice hidden temple theme. I do find it very ironic that Indy might replace Dinosaur though. WDW would finally get the full use of the original ride tech!

But ideally they would use the empty space behind Asia to place an Indy attraction. That would at least make some thematic sense to shoehorn Indy into the park! However, we all know Disney will be looking to save a penny or two and would never have the exact same ride system duplicated in the same park...right dumbo?

Robert Niles has a piece about this on Theme Park Insider. Unsurprisingly, he's not critical of the idea.
Niles usually rails against rumors and often makes light of them, EXCEPT when his Disney contacts give him a concept to float to see the reaction. So, I would strongly guess that there is substance to this rumor.

So 25-30 years later, WDW is now going to have the Indiana Jones Adventure? Really!? Boooooooooooooooooooo! I want to remain a greedy SoCaler and demand that you fly out to my neck of the woods to see it. I have to do that to see your Expedition Everest, Tron Lightcycles, Spiderman, and better Mummy. Keep it the way it is. Can't the parks retain some exclusivity anymore?!.

Yes.
You have your Matterhorn, Nemo Subs, Pinocchio, Alice, Mr Toad, and Toontown.

Oh, and at DCA Guardians, Monsters, and Cars Land.

That's all you need.

I was really hoping when WDW finally got an Indy ride, it would be a new concept. But to get a clone of a 25 year old ride as an overlay? And in Animal Kingdom? If this rumor holds true, it's like Disney is just determined to waste their IPs at this point.

Who in the flipping Earth thinks Indy fits in Animal Kingdom?! It doesn't! And this Chapek guy, I wonder if he's on drugs, decisions like this are below the intelligence of a 1-year-old

Reactions: Cheezbat
I don't think Joe Rhode will let this happen.
Joe Rhode doesn't have that type of authority. He would have blocked Pandora and Gotg M:B before they could happen if he did.

What Joe Rhode does is make the best of the hand he's dealt. I'm sure he could do some great things with Indy.

Reactions: tankart150
Let's also remember that if this does happen, the ride isn't the only thing that makes IJA special... the queue for that ride is wayyyyyy better than Dinosaur! The queue is an integral part of that attraction.

Oh, and getting rid of DINOSAUR! would not only get rid of more Dino's in WDW, but it would also get rid of Bill Nye (again!). If the ride stays though, the queue video needs an update though soon... when I look at Dr. Marsh all I can see is Claire Huxtable. So I guess hire someone to re-record the same exact script? :lol:

Holy snap Bill will have lost all three of his attractions in a single year. :stun:

Joe Rhode doesn't have that type of authority. He would have blocked Pandora and Gotg M:B before they could happen if he did.

What Joe Rhode does is make the best of the hand he's dealt. I'm sure he could do some great things with Indy.

Rhode has been one of those to pick up the projects nobody else really wanted from the beginning. Hell nobody thought DAK would actually happen. (Glorified Zoo Project)

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
One thing we haven't brought up really is that IJSS at DHS is likely to get the boot sooner than later so by doing a relatively easy overlay of Dinosaur, it keeps Indy in the park and it's a ride upgrade at the same time. This is more or less just a cheap(ish) way of keeping the IP in the parks.

Reactions: jtsalien
One thing we haven't brought up really is that IJSS at DHS is likely to get the boot sooner than later so by doing a relatively easy overlay of Dinosaur, it keeps Indy in the park and it's a ride upgrade at the same time. This is more or less just a cheap(ish) way of keeping the IP in the parks.

Please, please please close IJSS before Toy Story Land opens. Just for Parody sake.

Makes me wonder if the execs have a betting board. "This is what will make no one come to DHS". "No- I think this will".

And what's great is ToT and RNRR are being held together by duct tape because they can't afford to take them down for a much needed refurbishment because they're completely dependent on them. When one of those go down- the park basically gets overrun. When both go down, you might as well lay on the concrete and take a nap. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.