1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Freak, May 10, 2019.

1. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Since this rumor is gaining serious traction, I think having its own thread is appropriate.

Fresh Baked and MiceChat are reporting this, but word on the street is that there is finally a TL redo in the cards within this coming decade. If it happens, the plan is to flatten everything but Space Mountain. Even that may get flattened and rebuilt. The TL that we're so used to may soon be completely gone and re-start from scratch.

I think the obvious choices for attractions are the Jetpacks ride, Buzz ride, and Tron coaster from Shanghai as well as the return of the People Mover. Fresh Baked thinks the Guardians coaster in Epcot might make its way over here but I don't think it will. It's too repetitive from Space Mountain. This could also be an opportunity to see Flight of Passage make its way over here.

What do you guys think? I'm personally excited about this starting over from scratch rumor. With that in mind, the sky's the limit!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Chris Galindo likes this.
  2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I do think they and a few others, are very much on the track of Tron coming to DL.

That said, I do not buy them having the coaster in the location that MC is speaking of.

My guesses..more or less, on the major.

• Tron Light Cycle Power Run - Autopia/Subs/Innovations
    • Flight of Passage - Star Tours/Star Traders, extends the showbuilding into backstage and with a new story for setting
    • Space Mountain (But with a overhaul)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  3. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Didn't know where to post this, as this relates to Tomorrowland in a way..but..

alias8703 likes this.
  4. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

Now that Disney owns Fox, would it be too much to ask for an Alien Encounter with the Xenomorph for New Tomorrowland?

Freak and alias8703 like this.