New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It also seems odd that they would do something substantial with Space when Matterhorn is living on borrowed time at this point.
Why is the Matterhorn on borrowered time? Its the second symbol of the park....I literally can't see the park without it

Its infrastructure is crumbling, its track is cracking, and its maintenance has become more costly. Its days are numbered at this point.
They can't rebuild it?

I understand it would cost a lot but its the Matterhorn.....if it leaves. God that seems like its going to kill Disney Fans because of its connection to Walt

They can't rebuild it?

I understand it would cost a lot but its the Matterhorn.....if it leaves. God that seems like its going to kill Disney Fans because of its connection to Walt
If they do rebuild it (And I hope and pray they do without them having to shove Frozen into it), it cannot be built exactly the same way it was due to it being grandfathered into new clearance regulations. It’s going to require more space so they may have to sacrifice the submarines to make room for it.

Reactions: chris.g
If they do rebuild it (And I hope and pray they do without them having to shove Frozen into it), it cannot be built exactly the same way it was due to it being grandfathered into new clearance regulations. It’s going to require more space so they may have to sacrifice the submarines to make room for it.
They can’t replace it piece by piece to get around that?

I know laws are get different now, but haven’t the fantasy dark rides had lots of work done on then over the years and not have to tear it all down

Reactions: alias8703
Can we just get Stitch Mountain? I'd rather have that. Also Hyperspace Mountain & Star Tours is a better Star Wars ride than what Galaxy's Edge offers

they may have to sacrifice the submarines to make room for it.
The subs are on borrowed time. I'm glad to have been on it, but they've been on the rumored chopping block. It'd suck to lose the lagoon/waterfall landscape

They can’t replace it piece by piece to get around that?

I know laws are get different now, but haven’t the fantasy dark rides had lots of work done on then over the years and not have to tear it all down
They can only really apply band-aids to the track because any substantive work would eliminate the clearance grandfathering and the new envelope required would destroy the mountain.

Reactions: Freak
Shanghai Buzz is theoretically better but needs more targets - personally I think the DL version that feels very lower-brow arcadeish but with better targets and guns than WDW is about the right mix.

Since the SM overlays are better than the core ride, I'd hope they'd leave the queue generic enough to still rotate through them - can't have Buzz Lightyear fighting TIE fighters.

Meanwhile, this is just weird:
WOAH, SOMEONE'S DAD STOLE A LIGHTYEAR COSTUME

The subs are on borrowed time. I'm glad to have been on it, but they've been on the rumored chopping block. It'd suck to lose the lagoon/waterfall landscape
They could just ditch the ride and keep the lagoon. It could be repurposed as a show space, or as the harbor leading into Arendelle.

We already have a Lagoon show location... and it just came back on May 28th. We don't need another. Plus the Monorail goes over the 20k Lagoon.

Besides the Nemo Subs, the Autopia have also been on the chopping block for expansion. Between the two, there is A LOT of space. If I remember correctly, the land was meant to be split between Tomorrowland & Fantasyland at one point.

Of course they'd need to remove the PeopleMover track & deal with the Monorail

Reactions: Mad Dog and chris.g
I think if Autopia leaves that area will be for Tomorrowland expansion while the subs + matterhorn get used for fantasyland expansion

Reactions: Wesker69
I just can't see Matterhorn being removed since it is it is so iconic. Plus didn't they retrack it during one of the extensive refurbs? They upgraded the abominable snowman/yeti.

It's such a great ride... unless you get the Tomorrowland track (left side), that's the brutal half of the mountain. Fantasyland side is much better

Reactions: alias8703
I just can't see Matterhorn being removed since it is it is so iconic. Plus didn't they retrack it during one of the extensive refurbs? They upgraded the abominable snowman/yeti.

It's such a great ride... unless you get the Tomorrowland track (left side), that's the brutal half of the mountain. Fantasyland side is much better
They did not re-track it, just upgraded AAs and the lift hill.

Also, the write-off associated with bulldozing the sub lagoon is astronomical.