Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

I would actually pitch something like what Epcot is doing with the former Future World. Create "neighborhoods" based around space, nature, and cyberspace.
Put Moana where Autopia is, move Astro Orbiter to its former location, and put Tron in the front of the land, with the canopy acting as the entrance. The stage area would convert into a celebration of all 3, with an original show

The best way to theme Tomorrowland is to return to its 50s retro appearance and to make it feel like an idea of Tomorrowland not an actual image.

I think this is the right answer. The overarching theme to the Magic Kingdom parks (as I see it) is 1950’s Americana…which is why you don’t really hear complaints about the park feeling disjointed. Now that we’re at a time when the ‘50’s are being idealized (along with the ‘80’s, which you see being reflected in anything Epcot), moving to a timeless snapshot of ‘50’s sci-fi is the best way to keep the land from getting stale while also appealing to the interests of the public and the overall theme of the park.

I do hope if this actually comes to reality (and I know this is probably asking a bit too much) that they end up moving the Astro Orbiter back up where it belongs.
Yes. PLEASE. It will make the entrance to TL less of a cluster and offer a more thrilling view. Would love to see Shanghai's Jetpack ride go up there.

Only see it happening as part of an overall Tomorrowland overhaul realistically split in phases. Phase 1 being the main TL corridor of Buzz Lightyear/Star Tours/Space Mountain, Phase 2 tackling the Carousel of Progress, and Phase 3 Subs/Autopia is reserved for Fantasyland/Tomorrowland expansions.

The best way to theme Tomorrowland is to return to its 50s retro appearance and to make it feel like an idea of Tomorrowland not an actual image.
I feel like this is the approach they will take. I doubt they're going to do all of it all at once. I also think it's a safe bet that Buzz will be refreshed to look more like Shanghai's.
I'd actually argue bringing it to be more aligned with Shanghai's Tomorrowland, clean, curved and sleek in nature with itself and the area around.

Revamp Space Ranger Spin to be based off of either Lightyear or even better, Big Hero 6; replace Star Tours with Iron Man Experience, and upgrade Space Mountain with new effects, alongside the Peoplemover and Shanghai's Orbiter and that would do a lot more already.
I have to agree with this. Especially if Tron comes (And I hope it does!) I think a more sleek, simplistic Tron aesthetic is the way to go for new TL.

Yes. PLEASE. It will make the entrance to TL less of a cluster and offer a more thrilling view. Would love to see Shanghai's Jetpack ride go up there.

I feel like this is the approach they will take. I doubt they're going to do all of it all at once. I also think it's a safe bet that Buzz will be refreshed to look more like Shanghai's.

I have to agree with this. Especially if Tron comes (And I hope it does!) I think a more sleek, simplistic Tron aesthetic is the way to go for new TL.

Also reallly like the look of Shanghai's Astro Orbiters (which they call Jet Packs), and I want it to come stateside.

Also reallly like the look of Shanghai's Astro Orbiters (which they call Jet Packs), and I want it to come stateside.

This plus them putting it back to the middle of the land and if they made our SM look like the one in Japan....yeah that would be amazing

I've always dislike us having two Dumbo type rides within 1,000 feet of one another and the jetpacks solves this issue

This plus them putting it back to the middle of the land and if they made our SM look like the one in Japan....yeah that would be amazing

I've always dislike us having two Dumbo type rides within 1,000 feet of one another and the jetpacks solves this issue
Yeah they're not going to do a full tear-down and rebuild for Space Mountain, especially since they essentially replaced just about all of the track and supports back when the did the 2005 refurb. I think the best case scenario would be a lengthy refurb with a tech update.

Yeah they're not going to do a full tear-down and rebuild for Space Mountain, especially since they essentially replaced just about all of the track and supports back when the did the 2005 refurb. I think the best case scenario would be a lengthy refurb with a tech update.
I mean...do it later

Not like even if we get a "new" Tomorrowland it will get worked on until after Splash

Really was leaning into this but Fresh Baked broke down the rumor and now I'm really hesitant to believing this, or anything about the rumored new Tomorrowland, is happening.

I discovered something very interesting. I looked at the floor plan for Buzz Lightyear and they apparently left dove open for the abandoned people mover track! Look carefully.
34E933B2-9BBA-48C9-8205-38439330B0DC.jpeg
See that open space between the wall and the track? There is still some space leftover! Looks like it won’t be quite as colossal of a job to fit it through Buzz as we think.

We already know the space is already there for Star Tours. What I’m wondering is if the track is still there from Space Mountain?

It’ll probably come back. The infrastructure is already there. They would just have to build a new path from innoventions to buzzlighter if they don’t use the autopia/subs portion. For safety compliance, they would have to add railings all around like the WDW version.

The Atomic Age 50's retro feel seems right to me for Tomorrowland

It makes the name seem ironic, but the 50's were a time of some wildly fun speculation about the future

I think it kind of does that with a lot of the architecture, but leaning into it more would be great

The Atomic Age 50's retro feel seems right to me for Tomorrowland

It makes the name seem ironic, but the 50's were a time of some wildly fun speculation about the future

I think it kind of does that with a lot of the architecture, but leaning into it more would be great
I'd rather they do something different. Googie architecture is already all over LA.

I still think a sleek and simple Tron aesthetic is what they're going to go for. It screams "budget conscience" which is what this redo is rumored to be, and if Tron happens, it would fit with that and Star Tours.