New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't want to see 50's visual style in Tomorrowland. I actually don't want to see just one style. Adventureland has influence from Southeast Asian, South Pacific, and Middle Eastern cultures. Tomorrow can be many things, from space travel, to cyberspace, to urban planning, to the wonders of nature.
I still campaign for each area of Tomorrowland to look and feel different, to match the various aspects of Futurism.

4:40 mark. You can see the sealed off windows that was for the People Mover track. Interesting to know that they still kept it there when the redid SM back in '05 back when they probably weren't planning on bringing back the PM. Interesting that most of the infrastructure inside the buildings there for PM are still there!

If this rumor comes to pass at D23 in September, I have a theory a HollywoodLand revamp at DCA will be next after this. I am sure Disney would want to have a new additional land open in 2028 for the LA olympics and a Hollywood land revamp would fit that bill. Another theory a Youtuber proposed is in the intern before DL forward gets revived, they could find a way to do a revamped eastern gateway which would open up the transportation hub for DCA expansion.

If this rumor comes to pass at D23 in September, I have a theory a HollywoodLand revamp at DCA will be next after this. I am sure Disney would want to have a new additional land open in 2028 for the LA olympics and a Hollywood land revamp would fit that bill. Another theory a Youtuber proposed is in the intern before DL forward gets revived, they could find a way to do a revamped eastern gateway which would open up the transportation hub for DCA expansion.
I hope....that land is so under used

I hope Monster Inc would get an update even if it was the same layout..i want the flashlights like in Japan

For a seating area? Bad. Replace it with a ride? Good. That area of Tomorrowland has been useless on all four of my trips.

I bet the leak came from 3rd parties bidding on work, not someone who knows the full plans. I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of a larger change to the areas to improve flow and space.

Well, as much as I detest this rumor, this would fit the rumors that Chapek was going for a budget-conscious TL redo. It makes sense why he was banking on Lightyear doing well to redo SM because that would be the quickest and cheapest way to “helm” new TL.

Eh screw it. If they bring back the People Mover and leave SM the way it is at this point I’ll be happy.

Yeah, like, if this was talking about MK where we actually have CoP, then I have an issue, but this building is serving no real use at this point and the building is the size of Space Mountain so an attraction of decent size could theoretically replace it.
Yeah i really hope an attraction replaces it, i really hope it isnt a huge seating area

Yeah, like, if this was talking about MK where we actually have CoP, then I have an issue, but this building is serving no real use at this point and the building is the size of Space Mountain so an attraction of decent size could theoretically replace it.
If they are seriously considering pulling a SFMM by replacing the Carousel building with benches, at that point, just bring back the Carousel of Progress. Yes, I am well aware that of that horrific accident in the 80's that gave that venue a bad rep. I am aware how Chapek is not going to be sold on bringing back an ancient show that people aren't pushing people out of their way to see at MK. But when you have the infrastructure already there and the second floor could be used for a dark ride scene on the People Mover 2.0.....I think that would be a better use of space than freaking benches and concrete. Besides, if that rumor is true about them going for the Atomic Age-envisioned "future" it would fit.

I really hope this rumor is a 4D chess move from Disney. Throw out a rumor that this is going to be torn down for basically nothing, then when a C or D ticket level attraction is announced for the space, people will cheer that it's being put to good use. I doubt Disney is that smart, but it will probably be for more benches.

Where there's smoke there's fire. It seems like there's a lot of smoke from a lot of different sources and now seeing this, it's like, "Oh, maybe there really is something to this whole peoplemover thing..."

Still not getting my hopes up, but wow would it be a way to really disguise the fact that there's probably going to be a lack of too much stateside investment being announced at D23.

Bringing it up as it is relevant, people have been seen spotted in the noon today, ontop of the Peoplemover station, overlooking.

It gives them the best vantage point of the Innovations building, duh! *end sarcasm*

Still not getting my hopes up, but wow would it be a way to really disguise the fact that there's probably going to be a lack of too much stateside investment being announced at D23.

Same, but yeah as we've said before, Disney most certainly knows the kind of reaction they'd get if they announced the Peoplemovers return in any capacity. It's on the level of them simply going up on stage, say "The Peoplemover is back." and walk off. They can't ask for a better smokescreen.

Reactions: Nick
I’m line for Star Tours right now and saw something interesting in the queue

C284EE8E-07F9-4119-BA14-DB2B826D2C51.jpeg

There was previously a wall covering up that track and now it’s gone. HMMMMM

EDIT: We’ll, I’m going to have to retract that statement. There was a wall there at the WDW version, but looking at pictures years prior there was no wall covering up that section. It was always there. My bad. Never mind.

Last edited:
I’m line for Star Tours right now and saw something interesting in the queue

View attachment 16857

There was previously a wall covering up that track and now it’s gone. HMMMMM

EDIT: We’ll, I’m going to have to retract that statement. There was a wall there at the WDW version, but looking at pictures years prior there was no wall covering up that section. It was always there. My bad. Never mind.
Fresh Baked did a really good job of making the argument People Mover should come back.

D23 has come and gone and there was zilch when it came for that new Tomorrowland announcement. While I think the main reason for that was Disney not feeling there was enough funds to do it right, I wonder if another reason was with DL Forward back on the table if the focus is shifting more to DCA as DL park proper has gotten a lot recently with SWGE and the revamped Toontown. DCA not so much. Hollywood Land at DCA needs more attention right now than TL at DL TBH.