Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

I would have greatly preferred if Big Hero 6 was utilized in Tomorrowland than DCA. I fear Tomorrowland will be essentially the same until at least after the Avengers E ticket

I would have greatly preferred if Big Hero 6 was utilized in Tomorrowland than DCA. I fear Tomorrowland will be essentially the same until at least after the Avengers E ticket
At least San Fransokyo *sort of* fits the California theme? Kinda? Not really, but probably the best we can hope for with everything needing to have an IP these days.

I do agree it would fit Tomorrowland way better. I've always thought that Big Hero 6 would be a great IP to use on the Star Tours ride system.

With Universal having 2 Nintendolands opening with 3ish years of each other hopefully the stock holder or someone forces Disney finally close the entire land and redo it (close Autotopia and the Star wars/inntoventions buildings first and move through the land slowly closing it all)

Then they can save some land for Fantasyland if they make an Encanto or Frozen ride (I know people will hate me...but Frozen fits sooooooo well for next to Matterhorn where the old boat rde/extended Autotipa ride is)

Then you give us Tron, Update Space so it feels like an E ticket...thrill wise its great but its time for better effects the ride can use map projections to really bring out some cool colors and fun rethemes like Ghost Galaxy but even more themed, bring back the people move and make it run on solar (also all building should have Solar on them in the area...thats the future),give us a new shooting ride more like Mario Kart so...not a C ticket ride, Move Star Tours or destroy it (since they want to do more...it might stay but move it because you literally built a star wars land)
The two biggest ask for a new land are give us 2....yes at least 2 Epcot type rides. Some sort of new Adevntures through inner space and if they want to reuse Nemo a Living Sea kinda attraction (also aquariums are just cool) Also place Astro Blasters anywhere that's not bottle necking the front of the land and also where you have better views

Just my two cents

If this project goes through, could we see a Tron ride of some sort come to TL? Weather it be a clone of Lightcycle Run or a new Tron ride of some sort?
This project has been in the works since at least 2020 with Leto attached and it's gone nowhere. Probably because they lost they're director due to him now being sought after following Top Gun: Maverick and everything Leto touches turns to crap.

I'd much rather see Garrett Hedlund return, not a Jared Leto fan.
Its a shame Tron Legacy didn't perform better.

With Universal having 2 Nintendolands opening with 3ish years of each other hopefully the stock holder or someone forces Disney finally close the entire land and redo it (close Autotopia and the Star wars/inntoventions buildings first and move through the land slowly closing it all)

Then they can save some land for Fantasyland if they make an Encanto or Frozen ride (I know people will hate me...but Frozen fits sooooooo well for next to Matterhorn where the old boat rde/extended Autotipa ride is)

Then you give us Tron, Update Space so it feels like an E ticket...thrill wise its great but its time for better effects the ride can use map projections to really bring out some cool colors and fun rethemes like Ghost Galaxy but even more themed, bring back the people move and make it run on solar (also all building should have Solar on them in the area...thats the future),give us a new shooting ride more like Mario Kart so...not a C ticket ride, Move Star Tours or destroy it (since they want to do more...it might stay but move it because you literally built a star wars land)
The two biggest ask for a new land are give us 2....yes at least 2 Epcot type rides. Some sort of new Adevntures through inner space and if they want to reuse Nemo a Living Sea kinda attraction (also aquariums are just cool) Also place Astro Blasters anywhere that's not bottle necking the front of the land and also where you have better views

Just my two cents
If Disneyland Forward gets the green light I suspect they are going to focus on DCA first. DL park got SWGE in 2019, is getting MMRR this year and Princess and the Frog next year. It already has gotten plenty of things in recent years. DCA not so much. HollywoodLand needs a total do-over more than TL and Avengers Campus needs it's E Ticket badly when it should have been there day one.

If Disneyland Forward gets the green light I suspect they are going to focus on DCA first. DL park got SWGE in 2019, is getting MMRR this year and Princess and the Frog next year. It already has gotten plenty of things in recent years. DCA not so much. HollywoodLand needs a total do-over more than TL and Avengers Campus needs it's E Ticket badly when it should have been there day one.
They can do both

USH is working on the DK area now and FF coaster

it’s time for Disney to come back, you want people’s money? Fight for it

literally the next two rides are a clone ride and a redo ride and spidemsn ride is a joke For a Disney ride

They can do both

USH is working on the DK area now and FF coaster

it’s time for Disney to come back, you want people’s money? Fight for it

literally the next two rides are a clone ride and a redo ride and spidemsn ride is a joke For a Disney ride
DLR needs more coasters. Would be nice to have something like Cosmic Rewind over here

DLR needs more coasters. Would be nice to have something like Cosmic Rewind over here
I said bring the Tron coaster to this land, along with redoing space to be a real E ticket, adding a Nemo ride similar to the living sea, something like “journey to inner space”, the people mover and some sort of shooting ride that fits theme and isn’t all static figures

I said bring the Tron coaster to this land, along with redoing space to be a real E ticket, adding a Nemo ride similar to the living sea, something like “journey to inner space”, the people mover and some sort of shooting ride that fits theme and isn’t all static figures

Man... After watching this video I forgot how rough TL is at Disneyland. Jesus. It's really depressing especially in contrast to Magic Kingdom's... Really hope they do something about it soon, but I doubt it. :broken_heart:

Man... After watching this video I forgot how rough TL is at Disneyland. Jesus. It's really depressing especially in contrast to Magic Kingdom's... Really hope they do something about it soon, but I doubt it. :broken_heart:

I mean, other than DL having a better Space Mountain... and a better Buzz Lightyear... and Star Tours... and a better speedway... I guess that leaves Carousel of Progress for WDW.

In addition to the fact that Matterhorn is on borrowed time, there's just way bigger fish to fry there.

That guy doesn't understand that Carousel of Progress was literally moved to MK. It's NOT rotting away inside the building lol

At least I hope he knows this. It's hard to tell since he only mentioned the upstairs

Last edited:
There's no Star Tours in Tomorrowland at MK ... and MK Buzz is not in the same ballpark as DL Buzz.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be argumentative, just that clickbaity Youtubers grind my gears
I just meant like they're the same rides on both coasts but I get what you mean lol.

I just meant like they're the same rides on both coasts but I get what you mean lol.
I strongly disagree here, the Disneyland version is vastly superior in a lot of ways. The blaster is a lot more comfortable to hold and use, as you can pull it out and have a full range around you to aim with. Instead of all targets being worth the same amount of points like in WDW, there's a few types of targets with different colors and shapes. More valuable targets are in harder to reach places, and you get double points for hitting them when they're glowing. Besides being more enjoyable to play, the sets are noticeably more detailed, and there's more animatronics of Buzz and Zurg featured throughout the ride.