New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Astro Orbitor ....but now it'll forever be "Rocket Dumbos" :lol:
I beg to differ, as someone who has taken practically babies on both Dumbo and Astro Orbitor it is NOT the same. My husband called it the hold onto your babies ride because we went on and thought it was dumbo like. It isn't lol

Unless the DL version is way different from MK version.

I beg to differ, as someone who has taken practically babies on both Dumbo and Astro Orbitor it is NOT the same. My husband called it the hold onto your babies ride because we went on and thought it was dumbo like. It isn't lol

Unless the DL version is way different from MK version.
While sure its a faster it really offers no nice views or anything I'd say that makes it feel that unique

If they put it back in the middle of the land, I feel like not only it adds more life to the land but finally gives you some nice views from the Matterhorn to to Monorail, Subs and Space Mountain

View attachment 20843
View attachment 20844
The views on Astro Orbitor are just fine where it's at. If it was back on top of the center platform you'd just be looking at rooftops (mostly).
You and I just disagree on this the views are much better in its first location, I literally listened 4 land marks from the old location

Along with TL path's are too narrow there and moving this would help with land flow along with Kinetic energy of the land

You listed Space Mountain.... which there is nothing to see being a completely indoor ride. Viewing the monorail also isn't special or a significant highlight.

The view of 20K Lagoon isn't the best from that vantage point. Now if you were talking about the defunct Peoplemover views, that'd be a different story entirely.

While sure its a faster it really offers no nice views or anything I'd say that makes it feel that unique

If they put it back in the middle of the land, I feel like not only it adds more life to the land but finally gives you some nice views from the Matterhorn to to Monorail, Subs and Space Mountain
Yes, I was talking about the speed, not the views since I have not been on the DL version. This is much faster ride. Not sure I was looking at the views the first time, it caught me off guard so much I was seriously only concentrating on holding onto my child who I don't even think was 1 yet lol

You listed Space Mountain.... which there is nothing to see being a completely indoor ride. Viewing the monorail also isn't special or a significant highlight.

The view of 20K Lagoon isn't the best from that vantage point. Now if you were talking about the defunct Peoplemover views, that'd be a different story entirely.
.....ummm SM is one of the most Ironically looking buildings at the park......

Also I listed the land it self would get Kinetic Energy from having an attraction in the middle of the land again and also it blocks the path entering the land.
It's not an unpopular opinion by most that it's current location is not the ideal place for it

1709838324520.jpeg

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Sooooo..... considering that new ALIEN inter-qual actually looks really good & Disney owns it.. I say it's time to resurrect the once planned/shelved/defunct iconic attractions from Disney history to breathe life into Tomorrowland :devil:

Alien Encounter: The ExtraTERRORestrial Experience

Reactions: saint.piss
lol

We wish but if Ghost Galaxy was rumored to be axed because it was too spooky....the best we get is Alien photo ops at some after dark events

We can Dream, like I would killll for a Planet of the Apes meet and greet at greet at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail but...dont think that is happening either

We wish but if Ghost Galaxy was rumored to be axed because it was too spooky
That was never a rumor. It was just an excuse for them to not swap out the music & turn on the projections.

Of course, now that Hyperspace Mountain has become such a thing, they really have no excuse to NOT do the overlay during haunt season. Besides, if it was "too spooky", it wouldn't have lasted as many years as it did.

Disney is just lazy/cheap. Which is why Jingle Cruise hasn't returned during the holiday season

Sooooo..... considering that new ALIEN inter-qual actually looks really good & Disney owns it.. I say it's time to resurrect the once planned/shelved/defunct iconic attractions from Disney history to breathe life into Tomorrowland :devil:

Alien Encounter: The ExtraTERRORestrial Experience
Man this would be fantastic. Too bad it probably won't happen.

Guys, there's no Alien attraction coming.
Well not with that attitude. Sheesh.. it isn't that far-fetched, but sure let's coddle the overly sensitive generation even more. God forbid we cater to an older crowd instead of children/families.

Anything is possible. Even if it's not "alien encounter resurrected", Disney still owns it & honestly they need a more "mature" IP in the parks. But it'd be watered-down anyway.

Indiana Jones already pushes that fine line when you really look at it. If it wasn't for its legacy (and Lucasfilm), I doubt they'd be throwing it into AK. It's a miracle we still have it at DL.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamesh22
Agreed. Still can't believe how long we had the scene from Alien in the GMR, you would never get that in a Disney park now.
People hated on michael eisner

But he did some really great things until Disneyland Paris....then it started to go down hill but his lead up to that is much better then Disney recently
The Parks took WAYYYYYYYY more chances now the parks seemed to be dictated by IPs that Disney want to push and the fear of anything that could offend...someone out there that will never visit the park anyway

Well not with that attitude. Sheesh.. it isn't that far-fetched, but sure let's coddle the overly sensitive generation even more. God forbid we cater to an older crowd instead of children/families.
Sir, this is Disneyland. Also, let's really not bring the "coddled sensitive generation" culture war strawman into this. People didn't find it appropriate in the 90s, and they probably wouldn't find it appropriate now.

Parents that didn't read warning signs didn't find it appropriate because it was sensory overload, everyone else loved it.. of course, I did see plenty of kids carrying around the "alien" action figure toy sold in the giftshop. Not the Skippy plush, but the actual alien.. sooo it wasn't that bad!

Enough on this subject. Back to waiting for Disney to acknowledge the existence of this land

All I'll say is if you're looking for boundary-pushing entertainment at Disneyland, you're in the wrong place. Theme park events like Halloween Horror Nights can scratch that itch, and there is a huge variety of other more aggressive experiences that can be found throughout SoCal year-round.