New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol

How is anyone defending DL Tomorrowland?

Attraction wise sure its fine but....god it's ugly as hell

It's the land I go in least, like by a long shot at this point. Buzz is fine but its a joke its in tommorrowland nothing about it reflects the future and they have NEVER updated it.
Space Mountain is great but while the track is great the inside needs works, Something like the Sphere in Vegas but same track and its good. Autotipa make it electric at the very least. Nemo......is Nemo its just fine and doens't make sense in the land. Star Tours is fun but should be in GE, The old carousel of progress and magic Eye theaters are just wasting space thank god they redid Splash before touching this land?
That's not to mention they used to do Jedi Training near the restaurant and now its only used for dance party's.

TL is just a land I see easy ways to fix but Disney refused to touch it, and literally is redoing Splash and New Orleans before touching the land people have had issues with since it opens just always confuses me but with leaders like Iger I guess it makes sense he has no idea what will work or wont work outside of buying others great ideas

I don’t think any of the three Tomorrowlands I’ve been to are good. But I think it’s a push between MK and DL now that Tron is open.
Tbh I really love MKs. I have huge nostalgia for it and in general I just think it's a great land. It just feels so alive and at night it's really beautiful. DLs for me is just alright, they at least have the best version of Space Mountain and Autopia is really fun. TDLs Tomorrowland is by far my least favorite tho :skull:

In a perfect world....I would like:

-Start Tours stays
-Buzz Lightyear remade to reflect closer to Shanghai's version.
-Rocket Jets being relocated to the top of the tower
-Space Mountain getting refurbed again to reflect a bit more of the Tron asthetic
-Alien Encounter going in the Magi Eye Theater....OR a Dream Works Theater style show with the Incredibles
-And of course the People Mover comes back. (Duh)

Would be nice to have Tron but it won't fit. I literally don't care about everything else.

-Buzz Lightyear remade to reflect closer to Shanghai's version.
Eh, I think Buzz could see some improvements made to it, but I don't think they should take the Shanghai attraction as an inspiration. From the POV's I've seen, the ride looks extremely dull. All the targets are completely stationary, and no animatronic figures of Buzz or Zurg are featured in the attraction. Ant Man & The Wasp Nano Battle in Hong Kong seems to suffer from a similar problem as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Disneyland views Epcot's new hub as a model for a future Tomorrowland refurb.

Disneyland has a big hangout culture, and the hub with all its seating/atmosphere would be perfect for them. Would help relocate come crowds to the eastern side of the park during Fantasmic.

I prefer Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain layout (general comfort is better at Disneyland).
Um.. MK's Space Mountain is literally just Matterhorn in Space. They cloned it, hence why it's so rough like Matterhorn's left/Tomorrowland side track. Disneyland is superior. (DLP is a close 2nd)

Buzz is fine but its a joke its in tommorrowland nothing about it reflects the future and they have NEVER updated it.
It doesn't need updated. Nor does it need to reflect any particular "future". But also keep in mind, it was built years ago before Pixar Pier destroyed Paradise Pier. And it's still a better ride than Midway Mania.

Besides, it's space/sci-fi themed which fits into the Tomorrowland gimmick. Embrace & enjoy Star Command.

Space Mountain is great but while the track is great the inside needs works, Something like the Sphere in Vegas but same track and its good.
The inside of Space Mountain is perfectly fine. And just.. no. Just no.

Nemo......is Nemo its just fine and doens't make sense in the land.
It made perfect sense when it was 20K Lagoon because of the futuristic steam punk vibes of the Nautilus. Which is why Paris is "DiscoveryLand" instead of "Tomorrow".

Star Tours is fun but should be in GE
No. Star Tours is a tourist/Space travel agency. It works without having to be inside that terrible expansion

-Alien Encounter going in the Magi Eye Theater....
Wouldn't work without a complete demolition & rebuild. The whole AE gimmick was centered around the teleportation tube & confined space with zero escape. I MISS IT (even if it almost made me cry the first time)

OR a Dream Works Theater style show with the Incredibles
Nope. They've already violated California Screamin'. The less Pixar in DL, the better. I'd rather bring back Captain EO with a full arsenal of in-theatre effects using today's tech

Would be nice to have Tron but it won't fit.
It'd fit. Just gotta kill off Autopia & Nemo (although I'd hate to lose the lagoon/rockwork). I wouldn't want to see it cloned though. The outdoor segment defeats the whole purpose.

Reactions: Tobias and Freak
Um.. MK's Space Mountain is literally just Matterhorn in Space. They cloned it, hence why it's so rough like Matterhorn's left/Tomorrowland side track. Disneyland is superior. (DLP is a close 2nd)

It doesn't need updated. Nor does it need to reflect any particular "future". But also keep in mind, it was built years ago before Pixar Pier destroyed Paradise Pier. And it's still a better ride than Midway Mania.

Besides, it's space/sci-fi themed which fits into the Tomorrowland gimmick. Embrace & enjoy Star Command.

The inside of Space Mountain is perfectly fine. And just.. no. Just no.

It made perfect sense when it was 20K Lagoon because of the futuristic steam punk vibes of the Nautilus. Which is why Paris is "DiscoveryLand" instead of "Tomorrow".

No. Star Tours is a tourist/Space travel agency. It works without having to be inside that terrible expansion

Wouldn't work without a complete demolition & rebuild. The whole AE gimmick was centered around the teleportation tube & confined space with zero escape. I MISS IT (even if it almost made me cry the first time)

Nope. They've already violated California Screamin'. The less Pixar in DL, the better. I'd rather bring back Captain EO with a full arsenal of in-theatre effects using today's tech

It'd fit. Just gotta kill off Autopia & Nemo (although I'd hate to lose the lagoon/rockwork). I wouldn't want to see it cloned though. The outdoor segment defeats the whole purpose.
To each their own but....no thanks

You want the land to stay liek this? No way not at all its time for some rides to be upgraded.

You can make SP mountain finally feel like your in space and are like no, lol

I think Space Mountain is great and, given its popularity, not in dire need of anything (though I think a queue refresh would be nice). The biggest issue with Tomorrowland, for me, is twofold: One, it totally lacks kinetic energy once you get past whatever we're calling Rocket Dumbos these days. Two, it's visually unappealing. The grey and blue really accentuate how much concrete you're looking at when you walk through the land (Nemo helps in this regard! at least something is alive in the future!)

Otherwise, the only attraction that I think is actually a problem is Autopia. They either need to update the vehicles (I've heard General Motors could use some good press around their electric vehicles!) or reutilize the space. And that's the other big problem with the land: Lots of unused or underutilized space. The theater isn't open regularly, and the Carousel of Progress building casts a long shadow.

Personally, I think I'd enjoy the land significantly more if they gave it an aesthetic refresh and brought back the PeopleMover. It makes a big difference in Orlando.

One, it totally lacks kinetic energy once you get past whatever we're calling Rocket Dumbos these days.
Astro Orbitor ....but now it'll forever be "Rocket Dumbos" :lol:

Two, it's visually unappealing. The grey and blue really accentuate how much concrete you're looking at when you walk through the land
This is my issue with MK's recent update. It's too basic. It's like the Empire took over & made the future bleak. Especially not a fan of their new entrance arch.

And that's the other big problem with the land: Lots of unused or underutilized space. The theater isn't open regularly, and the Carousel of Progress building casts a long shadow.
Those are definitely the two biggest red flags in the land, along with the defunct Peoplemover track.

Reactions: Jake S
My brain is blanking on what color our uniform was when I briefly worked at McD's. I can't access that file in my memory, it's clearly locked & corrupted lol
I worked one guest control shift in Tomorrowland when The Adventures Continue opened and the blue/gold uniform was actually pretty great. I can't remember if they're still rocking those or if they've moved on to something more like the Magic Kingdom fit.

Reactions: Wesker69
This is my biggest issue with all three of the Tomorrowlands I've visited (crossing off Paris next week!) It reminds me of the grayscale uniforms McDonald's rolled out a few years ago, which uh, do not invite warm comparisons!
IMO DLP has the best themed Tomorrowland/Discoveryland. Space Mountain (From the Earth to the Moon) was also the best Space Mountain by far.
It's such a timeless Jules Verne themed land which hasn't aged in the way the traditional Tomorrowlands have. Hope you enjoy!

Re Disneyland I'd be happy to see a Tokyo style rebuild for our Space Mountain.

Reactions: Wesker69
You're saying this like I'm supposed to think it's a bad thing!
I love the Matterhorn because of its location/theming...if you just blind folded me...the ride would loose so much charm. Most people at least online seem to not be a fan of how rough the coaster is. To me they just need to cushion up the cars to help with all the bouncing around

SM at Disneyland track is great, my only issue is the lack of things to look at during the ride which is why I would like it updated. Ghost Galaxy and Hyper Space Mountain I think are loved because they finally give you a narrative for the ride

You're saying this like I'm supposed to think it's a bad thing!
It is a bad thing. It's the worst Space Mountain out of all the parks. They budget cut retracting it from the ground up & their idea of "on-board audio" was randomly attaching speakers to the support structure. Also it should be renamed "Internal Bleeding in Space"

Most people at least online seem to not be a fan of how rough the coaster is. To me they just need to cushion up the cars to help with all the bouncing around
Adding cushioning to the trains won't help. It'll still beat you up. Just like Matterhorn, one side is less abusive than the other (I just don't remember the track names- Alpha & Omega?)

SM at Disneyland track is great, my only issue is the lack of things to look at during the ride which is why I would like it updated.
You're in the vastness of space. You're not supposed to be looking at anything. And doing any scenic update would take away from the seasonal overlays. Besides, You're supposed to be sucked into a blackhole.. there's your narrative of darkness.

Be careful what you wish for. Disney has a shelved concept that would turn Space Mountain into "Stitch Mountain".

Oh yea... Bring back Ghost Galaxy you cowards!!! It's been too long! (also attempt to make that holiday overlay happen - Santa's Rocket Sleigh or whatever)