Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand. Does number of fountains = quality?

To me this is like when video game fans complain something doesn't have the best graphics possible. I don't care what the poly count is as long as it's a great game. If this show turns out to be good or great, I don't really care how many fountains it has.

It’s nothing to do with the number of fountains. WOC is great and Universal have been making sub par shows for a long time so Universal should be aiming to make a great show.

With all the IPs that they now have access to, the show will have its own feel plus a great library of music to accompany it.

The jist of it is that Universal has all the tools and talent to make a stellar show that the resort desperately needs after the lacklustre F&F opening, a win would install confidence back into the public’s current perspective of Universal, especially since the upcoming pipeline of rumoured attractions all sound amazing.

Reactions: tankart150
It’s nothing to do with the number of fountains. WOC is great and Universal have been making sub par shows for a long time so Universal should be aiming to make a great show. .

I mean, I don't think they ever set out to make a sub par show. Their goal is always to make a great one. They just haven't done it to this point. But they're certainly investing *more* into this show than they've done in the past, so here's to hoping this one works out.

The jist of it is that Universal has all the tools and talent to make a stellar show that the resort desperately needs after the lacklustre F&F opening, a win would install confidence back into the public’s current perspective of Universal, especially since the upcoming pipeline of rumoured attractions all sound amazing.

I think you're overstating the importance of both the show and F&F mehness in the eyes of the general public here. But I do agree that a good show will be important as it will entice people to stay later in the day. That's where the importance lies.

I mean, I don't think they ever set out to make a sub par show. Their goal is always to make a great one. They just haven't done it to this point. But they're certainly investing *more* into this show than they've done in the past, so here's to hoping this one works out.

I think you're overstating the importance of both the show and F&F mehness in the eyes of the general public here. But I do agree that a good show will be important as it will entice people to stay later in the day. That's where the importance lies.

Nobody plans to do a bad show obviously but after several failed attempts and F&F, you have to wonder if Universal are now revising their review process.

You're right, the show is just a show and I don't think it was ever intended to be something other than to simply get people to stay later in the park but I think now it might have a little more importance. Since 2010, Universal have had pretty positive years and 2018 is their first blip this decade and the show might counter that.

A good show keeps up the momentum and a win for all the guests visiting the parks.

The only WoC show I got to see was the Christmas one and I thought it was boring. I'm not excited about this because of that. Hopefully it has more going on than just water effects.

I think the point is that WoC has become the industry standard for the modern day fountain spectacle. It’s one of the craziest pieces of show infrastructure ever created, so from an industry perspective, if Universal creates a fountain show which already resembles WoCs infrastructure during construction, then of course it’s going to be compared to the award winning and game changing show that the original WoC was.

I think the point is that WoC has become the industry standard for the modern day fountain spectacle. It’s one of the craziest pieces of show infrastructure ever created, so from an industry perspective, if Universal creates a fountain show which already resembles WoCs infrastructure during construction, then of course it’s going to be compared to the award winning and game changing show that the original WoC was.

Then in a fair thing to ask, when is the line drawn to when a show is more than just fountains, but incorporates elements such as pyro, projections, and lighting?

Hey guys, this is Russ from the old OrlandoRocks.com I have seen so many water based shows, but not WOC except video. Looks pretty cool, but one show that impressed the hell out of me is what intel did in Vegas. For those of you that had not seen this, check it out, pretty amazing. I don't think universal could do something to this scale because of the safety factor of the drones giving Universals limited space. But it sure is cool! Also I hardly ever hear anyone talk about the nighttime show that IOA had back many years ago. but I understand the neighbors, were not real happy with it. I always really liked that show. I also liked the Dynomite stunt spectacular at USF, and always wondered, how they pulled that off with out a lot of injuries. Anyway here is a link to the show that Intel put on in Vegas. .
I have video of the two universal shows somewhere, I will see if can dig them up, but they can probably be found on YouTube.

Hey guys, this is Russ from the old OrlandoRocks.com I have seen so many water based shows, but not WOC except video. Looks pretty cool, but one show that impressed the hell out of me is what intel did in Vegas. For those of you that had not seen this, check it out, pretty amazing. I don't think universal could do something to this scale because of the safety factor of the drones giving Universals limited space. But it sure is cool! Also I hardly ever hear anyone talk about the nighttime show that IOA had back many years ago. but I understand the neighbors, were not real happy with it. I always really liked that show. I also liked the Dynomite stunt spectacular at USF, and always wondered, how they pulled that off with out a lot of injuries. Anyway here is a link to the show that Intel put on in Vegas. .
I have video of the two universal shows somewhere, I will see if can dig them up, but they can probably be found on YouTube.

Funny you mention of the CES Vegas show done a few months back, Disney did a special holiday show at DS using Drones in partnership with Intel last holiday season if I'm not mistaken, which was a milestone for the drones to be used in a large public environment.

In any case, welcome back to IU, and I can't wait to see what you have to chime in when it comes to the new Nighttime show coming to USF!

EDIT: While talking about the Fountains, it should be reminded that they may not be perfect, and may have issues.

Case in point, from Emmanuel Elefante,

Last edited:
Funny you mention of the CES Vegas show done a few months back, Disney did a special holiday show at DS using Drones in partnership with Intel last holiday season if I'm not mistaken, which was a milestone for the drones to be used in a large public environment.

In any case, welcome back to IU, and I can't wait to see what you have to chime in when it comes to the new Nighttime show coming to USF!

EDIT: While talking about the Fountains, it should be reminded that they may not be perfect, and may have issues.

Case in point, from Emmanuel Elefante,

Oh weird. WoC is under refurb right now, I wonder if they completely removed a section.