New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think lazy river and wave pool is a must among the core group of people who go to waterparks - That is not us, we would be open minded to not having a lazy river or wave pool, the other 99.7% of the world will criticize the park for not having those things...

But that doesnt mean they cant be innovative!
Psh I want a lazy river!!! Sure I'm not in that club but man who doesn't love a lazy river? With correct theming and length it could be the crowning jewel of the park like adventure island. Universal could definitely make the best lazy river ever if they applied tons of theming, maybe like the people mover where you could get a glimpse into other attractions like the Volcano maybe? A wave pool would be nice too

Yea, I've learned that companies seem to like to include backstage and parking lots in hyping their water park sizes. Aquatica is 58 acres with its parking lot and surrounding area, but the park itself is only 22 acres. Blizzard and Typhoon are about 24 each for just the parks.
Going by that though, is it even possible to have a park that's even 20 acres? Even without a guest parking lot, there would still need to be a decent amount of backstage area for Team Members and possibly even a TM parking lot (unless Uni plans on tramming TM's over from the current TM lot, which seems like it would be a hassle).

Going by that though, is it even possible to have a park that's even 20 acres? Even without a guest parking lot, there would still need to be a decent amount of backstage area for Team Members and possibly even a TM parking lot (unless Uni plans on tramming TM's over from the current TM lot, which seems like it would be a hassle).

WnW and Adventure Island are less than 20 acres, but Aquatica and the 2 at Disney are a little over. Though I too am wondering about how everything is going to fit. There will also need to be a large transportation hub, as that's the main way it seems people will get to and from the new park. There is about 31 acres there total, I am not sure how much will go to the hotel expansion and how much for backstage etc.

Last edited:

I think the plan might be to utilize the TM backstage area in CBBR for this new park

That's another thing I'm curious about, do any of you think the lazy river might get dummed down let alone taken out completely due to cabana next door?

If you recall, a few months back I asked on here whether there were any dark ride lazy rivers anywhere in the world. I was imagining a lazy river through something similar to the amber mines in CJ, only through caves at the base of the volcano. Instead of amber, it would be hot lava and steaming geiser vents etc...

If you recall, a few months back I asked on here whether there were any dark ride lazy rivers anywhere in the world. I was imagining a lazy river through something similar to the amber mines in CJ, only through caves at the base of the volcano. Instead of amber, it would be hot lava and steaming geiser vents etc...
That would be awesome, I was thinking that too. Hopefully that comes into reality. Another thing I realized is that a while ago someone (can't remember who) hinted they would announce the park sooner than expected. Wonder if that look into the future has anything to do with that

I think as long as there is a lazy river we're good. A wave pool seems over done IMO...perhaps just a beach area around the volcano where people can swim around in?

I think as long as there is a lazy river we're good. A wave pool seems over done IMO...perhaps just a beach area around the volcano where people can swim around in?

I hope we get a beach area with actual sand to go with the volcano, I love that little beach the second you walk into adventure island near the wave pool

I think people coming to a water park expect a wave pool though.

Today's theme park attendance report shows that Wet & Wild is still one of the top attended water parks, even though it isn't much to look at. Haven't been there or desire to go, but it's rides must be better than their appearance if it gets such decent numbers with all of the top flight beautiful water parks in the Orlando area.

I've never been to wet and wild either, the fact that it's one of the highest attended must mean I'm definitely missing out. BTW I don't think that walk will be that big of a downfall. I'm positive universal will find a way to fix it, possibly a shortcut, escalator walkway or possibly a star tunnel from city walk?

I've never been to wet and wild either, the fact that it's one of the highest attended must mean I'm definitely missing out. BTW I don't think that walk will be that big of a downfall. I'm positive universal will find a way to fix it, possibly a shortcut, escalator walkway or possibly a star tunnel from city walk?
It's not hard to be one of the highest rated water parks when it's located in a highly visible spot right outside of universal and along i-drive. People will go just to go. Doesn't necessarily mean it's any good.

Or maybe a hotel built right next to it with 2500 rooms... If they play their cards right, Cabana will fill that place right up, for the third day of their stay. The buses and walkway will only bolster the numbers. It's all quite cleverly thought through.

Or maybe a hotel built right next to it with 2500 rooms... If they play their cards right, Cabana will fill that place right up, for the third day of their stay. The buses and walkway will only bolster the numbers. It's all quite cleverly thought through.

Seems like it, I really don't think a long walk will prevent anybody from going to it

- - - Updated - - -

It's not hard to be one of the highest rated water parks when it's located in a highly visible spot right outside of universal and along i-drive. People will go just to go. Doesn't necessarily mean it's any good.
Yeah I pass by it all the time, kinda like the worlds biggest mcdonalds (go there if you haven't) I still wanna go though

Guys, can this be the "ring" project Teebin dropped the other day? Makes sense right? Volcano as the icon. Pacific ring of fire = active volcanoes. Maybe? Possibly?

As to the water park, I think it's a great idea, if they go through with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.