New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The land that WonderSea will go on is twice or more the size of Citywalk. Universal is very creative with space. And the volcano may itself contain more slides and lazy rivers than most water parks in the same footprint.

From what I have been told, this park may end up with more water attractions than any park has ever opened with, and still have room for expansion. That said, I am impressed with what I am told.

Reactions: natespf
The land that WonderSea will go on is twice or more the size of Citywalk. Universal is very creative with space. And the volcano may itself contain more slides and lazy rivers than most water parks in the same footprint.

From what I have been told, this park may end up with more water attractions than any park has ever opened with, and still have room for expansion. That said, I am impressed with what I am told.

Sounds very promising!! Thank you for the information! :thumbs:

Sounds pretty sweet. Would love this to be included in the Annual Pass lineup for another 70 bucks I'm in.

Actually, having the volcano could help them put more in the area as they could build slides on it and then have pools and rivers under and around it, too.

Yeah your right, good thinking. I still want to know if it'll be a "full" waterpark day one (around 20 or more slides filling the land) and if it'll be included for annual passes. Can I hear a price raise?

Last edited:
Remember that patent for the articulated waterslide which pretty much self adjusts for each different ride...that can make a water park fit in that small of an area. If you have a slide that can do up to 60 different ride scenarios and you have 6. That's 360 different rides right that. They won't need that big of a lot if they can just market it right.

I feel what universal wants is the family water slide kind of ride. You know like the wahoo run at adventure island? That way you could make lines move faster and most importantly make Popeye style attractions where you can see the theming around you with static figures

There will most likely be a tie in with the annual pass. I will say that they even make a side gate near TL so that one can come off the water rides at TL, get on the pedestrian bridge and head over the the waterpark, or vice versa. Also, waterparks arent meant to be full day

A full day would be something like

Wake up at cabana
Go to TL
go to the waterpark
have lunch
enjoy waterpark until 4ish
Go shower
Have dinner
Go bowling at cabana
Go out and to citywalk and get weird

Yeah your right, good thinking. I still want to know if it'll be a "full" waterpark day one (around 20 or more slides filling the land) and if it'll be included for annual passes. Can I hear a price raise?

I would think it would only be included with Premier after a price raise. Or there'd be a next level AP.

I just hope there will be an option to include it with any pass (I have power pass myself), that is why I like the seaworld annual pass, you can customize them.

Holy Crap....

1 - The MIB mystrey plot is HUGE. great for whatever IP is going there!
2 - Is that a retention pond to the south of Hotel #5 space? That land looks to be good for a super deluxe, not just a deluxe. I believe 500 per night with less guest and more exclusivity is great
3 - There are two parking lots at RP and probably not enough for hotel #5 and water park.... opportunity to make a five story garage in the employee parking at RP and utilize it as follows?
a. floor 1-2 for employees of hotels and waterpark
b. floor 3-4 is for hotel gust
c. floor 5 (and 6 if needed) for waterpark visitors
4 - by when do you think they will Add a second garage to the employee parking area behind USO? If there a plan to combine some of the backstage buildings into one central building with more floors in order to free up space?
5 - Waterpark area does look odd to me. arent they building two towers for cabana in that spot? can they take the pond to the east (south of hotel #5) and utilize that for the waterpark as well?

- - - Updated - - -
Interesting. I was speculating something myself. Came up with some of your ideas as well. Can't wait to see Universals actual plans.

nqxoxy.jpg
[/IMG]

Was wondering what your guys thoughts on Orlando Tourism Report's talk on a new Water park effect on other water parks in Orlando, and leading to more options in tge market

Looks like enough acreage to me! : )

Per https://twitter.com/violarum
BqRoQwwIUAEqTQR.jpg:large

Not to get off topic, but I'm guessing that temporary stage in the foreground is setup for the Tonight Show or the Cabana Bay grand opening or something?

Back on topic, I have few worries Universal Creative has solutions or plans regarding either hiding or incorporating the hotel for a waterpark on that site. I just have to wonder where they will park guests unless a portion of the neighboring hotel plot will be a parking garage. That seems like it's just too far for most guests to walk to get there from the hub at Citywalk. I would imagine there would be SOME parking area there as well as an area for shuttles to pick up and drop off from the hub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.