New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could 2 hotel towers fit in the area with the "?", or is that not happening?

Could 2 hotel towers fit in the area with the "?", or is that not happening?

If they happen, that is not where they will be located... see below.

towers_zpsb3ab6338.jpg

All of the steel and wrapped items that were visible in the recent aerial photos aren't for this project. Possibly additional stuff for Kong. They haven't even laid water, sewer or electric for this project yet (to my knowledge).

The advantage of having their own Water Park Resort similar in concept to a Great Wolf Lodge.
While I completely understand that, by doing so they will not only be using up more precious space in the park for rooms, but also setting guests up for serious confusion. If you stay in one of the towers, is the Waterpark free? Is it free for everyone at Cabana Bay? Is the Waterpark only for hotel guests? What kind of views could it obstruct?

Lots of questions. Lol

So...having come home for winter break and seeing some of my buddies from Universal, I've heard some rumblings about the water park's budget being cut down pretty significantly. Does this match up with what other people have heard?

So...having come home for winter break and seeing some of my buddies from Universal, I've heard some rumblings about the water park's budget being cut down pretty significantly. Does this match up with what other people have heard?

That sounds logical in that they are going through the bidding phase. It doesn't necessarily mean anything at this point as initial designs can be over the top. Designers will just need to be more clever in creating similar effect if/where possible.

While I completely understand that, by doing so they will not only be using up more precious space in the park for rooms, but also setting guests up for serious confusion. If you stay in one of the towers, is the Waterpark free? Is it free for everyone at Cabana Bay? Is the Waterpark only for hotel guests? What kind of views could it obstruct?

Lots of questions. Lol

But this means the WP ate up the land previously noted for the hotel towers. The space could be much better utilized and cleverly maximizing usage with them integrated rather than on separated plots. This is what I wanted a while back, and I know a lot of people did not like the idea. But it all depends on how it is actually done, could be very good or very bad. We'll need to wait and see, but this is Universal under Comcast and they are on a roll right now. I don't think there will be that much confusion, as the average tourist only knows what they are told. It would be in how they are marketed, so I do not see this as being like when they were not making it clear enough that there are two different themeparks there.

I hope this doesn't turn it into another Waterpark with bare slides and towers...or that it reduces the number of attractions either.

Don't be stupid Universal. Spend the $200 million+....it WILL be worth it and pay off in the end.

I just noticed that there are absolutely no sidewalks on either Turkey Lake or Adventure Way that lead south to the coming water park. So, all of the other hotels must either take the bus or walk through the pool areas of Cabana Bay? That would be a bit of a cluster would it not?

We hear this about every single Universal project lately, and every single theme park project period. The only thing I remember anyone continuously throwing more money at was Disney with NextGen. Attraction-wise? Fat chance. That's where "value engineering" comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts