New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a3ld3k.jpg

35045fc.jpg

2mnncxv.jpg

2wpl1j7.jpg

258mbn6.jpg

Ah... I did not know that Wallace Road had been extended yet. There is your backstage kiddo's! Thanks DH.

I feel comfortable in telling you all now, that the engineering plans will really twist your girdle. Universal at its best use of space. Amazing stuff.

Ah... I did not know that Wallace Road had been extended yet. There is your backstage kiddo's! Thanks DH.

I feel comfortable in telling you all now, that the engineering plans will really twist your girdle. Universal at its best use of space. Amazing stuff.

I'm really chomping at the bit for the first stuff to be put up on the water management site. It's usually vague, but at least it gives us the first concrete idea of where we're headed

Would put it on a par with Typhoon (56), Aquatica (59), much bigger than Wet n Wild (30). Fairly certain those numbers include parking lots, so I still think it's likely this will have independent parking of some sort.

Wet 'n Wild is only 30? Does that include the parking?
In any case, if the acreage of the other parks indeed includes parking, then it looks like wondersea will indeed be massive.

As for parking, could they actually not expand parking at the nearby hotels and have those used for the waterpark?

Wet 'n Wild is only 30? Does that include the parking?
In any case, if the acreage of the other parks indeed includes parking, then it looks like wondersea will indeed be massive.

As for parking, could they actually not expand parking at the nearby hotels and have those used for the waterpark?

All the acreage numbers posted for the other parks include their parking lots...so if this new Waterpark doesn't have a parking lot it will indeed be on scale with the other bigger waterparks.

I wish we could find out a bit more about the new park. I'd love to see concept artwork for this thing. How much longer do you think until it's announced? I'm guessing next year at the resorts 25th anniversary would be perfect to showcase Kong, the new hotel, and the Waterpark.

Are they still using the WonderSea name? I think I had read they abandoned the rights to that name recently.

That was a misnomer posted by another site. Parkscope posted within hours that for some bizarre legal? reason, the trademark for WonderSea was reapplied for back in August of this year. They let the old request slide and expire.

As far as I understand It's going to be a quirky variation on that name. Teebin?

The story for the island has a different spelling with the same sound... think tribal. We visitors to the mysterious island will know it as WonderSea until we enter the park... (i guess???).

Last edited:
That was a misnomer posted by another site. Parkscope posted within hours that for some bizarre legal? reason, the trademark for WonderSea was reapplied for back in August of this year. They let the old request slide and expire.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why the first trademark was abandoned. Only thing I can figure is that it was applied for with no use for so long that a new one was required.

Thanks for the map teebin. That really shows they have the space they need for this thing. It also looks like there wont be too many barriers to take construction photos, so it should be fun watching this take shape.

They have now moved the construction trailers to the south end of the plot.

That's interesting. How close are they to the retention ponds?

Teebs, so is the full name WonderSea Ysland?

With the letter "Y"? I don't know as I have only seen the spelling of the first two words.

Also keep in mind that I am not sure that these words will actually show up in the park. It is possible that the "story" was written for designers only. Too, I used the word tribal really loosely as I believe it was described as a lost or undiscovered tribe... I think... yeeesh, my poor memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.