New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find! I cannot wait to read the details of what they consider "construction" to be. Regardless, it would seem they want this thing ready for spring break 2017. I cannot imagine they are going to open it in December only to close it in January and February.

Two years on an unused plot of land is much more feasible than building something in the middle of a busy park. I think they can do it. Just look how quickly they got Transformers done...in the middle of a busy park! Or take a look at Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express...in a major area they had to do serious demo/fill-in before they could build!

You think it will close? Wet'n'Wild and the Disney water parks don't close.

Yeah they do... both Disney parks close for a period of maintenance each winter. Typhoon is closed right now through Jan 3. I bet Blizzard closes Jan. 4.

Semantics yes, but I cannot believe they would open a water park in the first week of December or Jan, Feb. At least not grand open it.

Question, and it may sound silly, but what is the definition of construction? Does it include the interior designing and painting of buildings? what would be considered that "construction" is complete? Would preparing a set (since we believe there will be physical sets for some rides) be considered a part of the construction process and thus must fall within that said time frame?

Yea, I have a hard time believing they'd open an entire park up for spring break without working the kinks out the few months before.

So, is the end of construction statement vague in what you have seen? I have kept checking parkscope but the docs still aren't up. While I know 2017 to be fact, as I have seen it first person, I can see where, after Diagon, they may want to bump the construct just to be sure that they are on time.

New info:

http://www.parkscope.net/2014/12/uor-permit-update-more-water-park-news.html

53 acres of land disturbed for construction and a construction period of 11/20/2014-11/20/2016.

Would put it on a par with Typhoon (56), Aquatica (59), much bigger than Wet n Wild (30). Fairly certain those numbers include parking lots, so I still think it's likely this will have independent parking of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, I have a hard time believing they'd open an entire park up for spring break without working the kinks out the few months before.

February is hit or miss, but plenty of days warm enough for a water park--especially if there's the thrill of being there during a soft open. March is definitely water park weather barring a freak cold snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.