New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Dutchmen here ... I am from Belgium, born and bred in Flanders, living in Orlando though.

- - - Updated - - -

Summer storms generally do not last that long, so it is not that big an issue really.

Last edited:
Two Dutchmen here ... I aqm from Belgium, born and bred in Flanders, living in Orlando though.

- - - Updated - - -

Summer storms generally do not last that long, so it is not that big an issue really.
Having worked at Adventure Island and worked through a lot of torrential downpours, I disagree. Once the rain comes, the people go. VERY quickly.

Keep in mind, this park will have the tallest lightening rod of any park in the area. Plus, that same Lightning rod will also be a Faraday cage covering some of the tallest and most popular attractions until absolute ground level. I see no reason for them to shut those down. So, ... there.

By that time it shouldn't matter...the park has already gotten the guests money. ;) no refunds due to inclement weather, right?

The parks make pennies in ticket sales when you compare it to what they make in food/beverage and merchandise. Food and beverage is actually a park's biggest moneymaker and most dependent on how much time people spend in the park. So, yeah it would matter.

Having worked at Adventure Island and worked through a lot of torrential downpours, I disagree. Once the rain comes, the people go. VERY quickly.

Storms in Tampa always seem to last longer than here in Orlando. Though probably people have a tendency to leave waterparks when it begins to rain, whereas in themeparks there usually is something to do.

Keep in mind, this park will have the tallest lightening rod of any park in the area. Plus, that same Lightning rod will also be a Faraday cage covering some of the tallest and most popular attractions until absolute ground level. I see no reason for them to shut those down. So, ... there.

Cool! Very exciting that this volcano won't just be decor, but will be 'functional' as well. If there will be slides fully inside the volcano, would be awesome, should be ok during an electric storm as long as the water does not go outside.

I had a dream last night of a hydromagnetic slide, but instead of a raft, you were strapped upon a mat, and then you went down very fast and then pulled uphil into a dive loop :)

Someone get me pictures of these and where they are positioned on the property as soon as you can. It will tell me what they are or are not for.

Well it references Legal Description of the Lands South of Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Lot1, ROYAL PACIFICRESORT, as recorded in PlatBook 43,Pages 142 through 144,of the PublicRecords of Orange County,Florida.

So I looked up Book 43 and found this:

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...30.pdf?id=DOCC22004330.A0&parent=DOCC22004330

That has a map of the location of the "Lot 1" that it is referring to and it is the location south of Hollywood Way in between Turkey Lake and Adventure Way.

Well it references Legal Description of the Lands South of Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Lot1, ROYAL PACIFICRESORT, as recorded in PlatBook 43,Pages 142 through 144,of the PublicRecords of Orange County,Florida.

So I looked up Book 43 and found this:

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...30.pdf?id=DOCC22004330.A0&parent=DOCC22004330

That has a map of the location of the "Lot 1" that it is referring to and it is the location south of Hollywood Way in between Turkey Lake and Adventure Way.

Yeah, but I am concerned with where on that plot of land the trailers will be located. Interesting that they once titled both lands under RPR name.

Yeah, but I am concerned with where on that plot of land the trailers will be located. Interesting that they once titled both lands under RPR name.
The Cabana plot was at one time supposed to be the location of RPR.

What are the options for those at a Disney or Seaworld waterpark that are any different from what you have described in your scenario?

The option to walk (run like hell) to your car rather than waiting for a tram/bus back to parking. Assuming parking is at the main garage; why I can't believe this plan won't incorporate some form of dedicated parking.

The website FloridaThrillParks.com mentioned back in July about "Project 533" and that it would be open in 2017. Kinda interesting, or a good guess.

This website broke the news about the water park's location and proposed opening date. No other website out there knew these details until it was posted here on Orlando United.

Status
Not open for further replies.