New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else wondering about transportation here? There's not going to be on site parking available, and call me crazy but I don't see busses being the preferred option from the parking garage. Could something else be in the works?

We have it confirmed that it is just a 12 minute walk from Citywalk to Cabana, and will be an estimated 5 minute walk from Cabana to the waterpark, a 10 minute walk from Sapphire, 15 from Royal Pacific. And everyone rides to waterparks all over the world in a vehicle on their ass. I believe this waterpark is intended primarily for resort guests, whether any of us like it or not. It is there to keep people in the hotels and onsite.

If any of you don't like it and won't go, Universal is saying, "So what."

The land is barely large enough for the park itself

You are new here. We have already proven this as untrue.

Last edited:
We have it confirmed that it is just a 12 minute walk from Citywalk to Cabana, and will be an estimated 5 minute walk from Cabana to the waterpark, a 10 minute walk from Sapphire, 15 from Royal Pacific. And everyone rides to waterparks all over the world in a vehicle on their ass. I believe this waterpark is intended primarily for resort guests, whether any of us like it or not. It is there to keep people in the hotels and onsite.

You are new here. We have already proven this as untrue.

You've proven what as untrue? You're telling me they're not using the entire plot of land for this water park?

Also, thank you for the friendly Hello! :welcome: The internet is an interesting thing, you never really know who you're talking to or what they know.

You've proven what as untrue? You're telling me they're not using the entire plot of land for this water park?

Also, thank you for the friendly Hello! :welcome: The internet is an interesting thing, you never really know who you're talking to or what they know.

Sorry, reload. I edited the text of what you said after I posted, so that it would be more clear.

...you sure about that?

NO attraction of the kind of scale Universal is going for can be entirely dependent on hotel guests. For one thing, you've got four hotels spread across two large parks already. Hotel guests are nice, but everyone in the industry knows that your 1-day tickets and day-trippers are pretty damn valuable. The 2015 marketing plan works hard at attracting more locals and people that will be visiting for the day. SO...Im going to have to argue that, yes, they do care about the non-hotel guests, and yes, they will find a way to make getting to/from the water park are conveniently as possible.

I dont see what's wrong with a shuttle, though. It's just moving from one car to the next.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Teebin. The biggest concern I have had about all the expansions is the Hotels. Uni needs a lot more content to fill up all those new rooms. I am sure they want local business for the park, but it is really being built to make it more attractive to stay onsite. If you are going to compete with the big dog, you got to get people to stay on your property.

People parking in theme park lots generally take shuttles from the lots to the parks. This is basically the same, with the exception it's a parking garage instead of a sprawling lot. Example: If you park at the Magic Kingdom, you're usually taking a shuttle to the ferry or monorail, and then they take you to the Magic Kingdom. That sure doesn't hurt their attendance......When we were at Cabana the shuttle to the garage was really quick & convenient....I don't think this is that big of an issue. And if the park is state of the art, they will come.

...you sure about that?

NO attraction of the kind of scale Universal is going for can be entirely dependent on hotel guests.

Cabana Bay alone at 50% occupancy for the entire year would give Wondersea 1.7 million captive guests right next door, not to mention the other 4 hotels by the time this park is built.

The true problem here is that the Universal parking infrastructure was stretched to the limit as is last summer. It'll be interesting once this opens

Cabana Bay alone at 50% occupancy for the entire year would give Wondersea 1.7 million captive guests right next door, not to mention the other 4 hotels by the time this park is built.

The true problem here is that the Universal parking infrastructure was stretched to the limit as is last summer. It'll be interesting once this opens

Yeah, but they aren't captive. They have two other parks to go to. And CityWalk. And the other Orlando attractions.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree with Teebin. The biggest concern I have had about all the expansions is the Hotels. Uni needs a lot more content to fill up all those new rooms. I am sure they want local business for the park, but it is really being built to make it more attractive to stay onsite. If you are going to compete with the big dog, you got to get people to stay on your property.

I'm not arguing that one of it's biggest purposes isn't to keep people on site longer. It definitely is. But it's ALSO not solely meant for that purpose. It's not feasible to invest that much into a resort accomodation.

And let me tell you all something I as yet have not. That is .2 million more people than they are hoping for per year. Thanks for the set up JS! Dropping the mic.

Typhoon Lagoon is at 2.14 million and Blizzard Beach is at 1.97 million, for reference.

Yeah, but they aren't captive. They have two other parks to go to. And CityWalk. And the other Orlando attractions.

"Captive" means they're on property. Just as WDW on property guests prefer to stay on property, UOR guests do too. And did you seriously list CityWalk as something that would take a guest day away from a fully immersive water park? Come on now.

aren't they able to add a few more levels?

The rumor is they can add one level to one garage, but I find it hard to believe they'd go through the trouble of doing so.

Typhoon Lagoon is at 2.14 million and Blizzard Beach is at 1.97 million, for reference.

Thanks for that info. So, I guess it is Universal's acceptable bottom line, for their capacity. "I have been told" that the capacity for this park challenges all of the other water parks in the area, individually. And always remember what I told you all regarding capacity of this park months ago...

"Captive" means they're on property. Just as WDW on property guests prefer to stay on property, UOR guests do too. And did you seriously list CityWalk as something that would take a guest day away from a fully immersive water park? Come on now.

The point is that there is too much in the area to take up a guest's time to assume that all of those staying on property will, on their own, fill a whole waterpark. It's sole purpose is NOT to get guests to stay onsite...while it is a big factor it's not all that's in play. If you honestly believe that this waterpark will become the world's most expensive hotel amenity then...well I'm not sure what to tell you.

Bottom line is... Universal thinks they are right. None of us know either way as we cannot afford the research teams needed. So, it is what it is and is what it will be. Let's sit back and see if it works.

And everyone, please attack and destroy anyone that says it isn't big enough. It is huge!

Universal has been planning this for years, including the parking situation. Does anyone remember the survey from a while back asking about shuttles/trams with plastic covering due to damp guests? They'll have it covered. And yes, it will also make Cabana and Sapphire even more attractive places to stay since they'll just be steps away.

I hope they also bring an Express to this park. I did a paid Express at Dollywood's Splash Country and it worked beautifully. If there's any lines I hate waiting in, it's water park lines.

Do you think a possibility could be that Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls guest get unlimited fastpass access?

It wouldn't be feasible. That's 2800 rooms, more than three deluxe hotels combined, serving a water park that will have a fraction of the capacity.

Do you think a possibility could be that Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls guest get unlimited fastpass access?

Definitely not a fastpass, maybe a Universal Express, though :p

Seriously though, I don't think Universal is giving Express passes to resort guests anymore. I think that's gonna remain a perk of the 3 original hotels. That's assuming the water park will have Express anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.