Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For a show that everyone claims to hate, they sure do pack in those seats.
Not to start an all out war, but I think this show gets hate on here a lot due to the demographics of this forum.

The show is certainly accessible to, but not designed for an over-30 male audience. I think the primary reach(es) of the show is/are:

1. Horny guests
2. 18-30 y/o
3. LGBTQIA+ guests (and heterosexual guests who don’t clutch their pearls at the thought of seeing men in BDSM suits being walked like dogs).

There will always be pockets of guests who don’t like it because it’s not Bill & Ted, and that’s totally valid. Just as there's guests who don’t care about shows and only want to do the houses. But I don’t think anyone can argue anymore that this show is not a smash hit for the event year in and year out.

Last edited:
This is my annual…”are there any loud pyrotechnics post?” And it so, can you let me know when then are with a spoiler tag? Thanks!

This is my annual…”are there any loud pyrotechnics post?” And it so, can you let me know when then are with a spoiler tag? Thanks!
Yes. A couple times this year. I’m always bad a timing but I’ll try to tell
one is with the ball in the air they trap the dreamer in. It’s about 3/4 in
I also heard one at the end. Not sure if it was meant though as I only heard it and didn’t see anything

Reactions: HalfGlass and Nico
Yes. A couple times this year. I’m always bad a timing but I’ll try to tell
one is with the ball in the air they trap the dreamer in. It’s about 3/4 in
I also heard one at the end. Not sure if it was meant though as I only heard it and didn’t see anything
Thank you!

Reactions: Kichkinet85
For a show that everyone claims to hate, they sure do pack in those seats.

I love Nightmare Fuel, and Revenge Dream does not disappoint. So awesome seeing most of the cast from the last two years return yet again. It really shows the tight knit relationship of the cast. The magic, the stunts, the dancing, the choreography is all top notch.

I feel like Nightmare Fuel has officially become an HHN staple, and really hope to see this show return for many years to come.
They do have incredible chemistry as a team.
You can feel it. You feel how close of a team the group is. Their energy, their playfulness with each other. It's so great.
I didn't know that people hated this show.
There‘s no doubt it has its fans. I think part of the reason it fills up is because people are looking for stuff to do when the lines for houses get hours long.

It isn't just that aspect
The audience gets really happy and cheers and claps in alot of parts of the show.
The fire part makes everyone happy.
The rope stunts makes everyone cheer. ( not only the fans) the dance stunts make people cheer and be happy. The dancers make people cheer. Everyone in the Audience seems happy.

The cheering is contagious. Everyone ends up cheering by the end. Feeling happy.
The music makes some people dance. Clap.
Crowd enjoys themselves a lot

Last edited:
So despite not liking the first version of the show 2 years ago, and skipping watching last year due to reports that it was a 100% repeat of the older show, I gave it a chance this year.

Structure was the same as the old show (see my prediction earlier in the thread LOL) but it was fun and energetic. Fire stuff was a bit repetitive but the soundtrack and energy from the cast was top tier. So the same show 3rd time in a row but still fun.

So despite not liking the first version of the show 2 years ago, and skipping watching last year due to reports that it was a 100% repeat of the older show, I gave it a chance this year.

Structure was the same as the old show (see my prediction earlier in the thread LOL) but it was fun and energetic. Fire stuff was a bit repetitive but the soundtrack and energy from the cast was top tier. So the same show 3rd time in a row but still fun.
I wouldn’t go as far as call it the same show a 3rd time. While yet the structure was the same the storyline was different. It shared the same main plot about a nightmare but that’s what the show is.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Finally caught this (full disclosure, friend hooked us up with VIP, which may color my opinion a bit): amazing show. Probably the best of the three. What it lacks in plot--never a HNF strong suit--it makes up with in far superior choreography and aerial work. Still can't get over how good the rope dancers are this year. The fire effects have a new trick or two up their sleeves as well, and remain stunning. The finale magic trick is also probably the best they've done.

I do question how many more times they can barely change up this simple formula before it gets boring. But the third time still packs the house on an atypically slow Sunday evening, so I'm not sure that is their top concern at the moment.

The show is certainly accessible to, but not designed for an over-30 male audience. I think the primary reach(es) of the show is/are:
1. Horny guests
2. 18-30 y/o
3. LGBTQIA+ guests (and heterosexual guests who don’t clutch their pearls at the thought of seeing men in BDSM suits being walked like dogs).

Two thoughts: if you're a male in your 30s (or 40s or 50s) and this show doesn't appeal to you -- than you have no appreciation for culture and also should probably consult with a doctor for your wife's sake. (BTW kids in high school when "Welcome to the Black Parade" dropped are in their mid-30s now.) And while a Dominatrix walking submissive men on leashes touches on a few kinks and fetishes, I wouldn't classify any of them as "LGBTQIA+". In fact, if you visit our local BDSM dungeon--The Woodshed over on Orange--you'll find the clientele is overwhelmingly straight, to the point they used to reserve Sunday nights for the gay community just so they would have a space to feel comfortable in. Your third point is ridiculous, bordering on offensive.

I do agree about the 18 year old part tho. Creeped out seeing a 6-year-old at the show yesterday, I've heard reports of toddlers as well.

Two thoughts: if you're a male in your 30s (or 40s or 50s) and this show doesn't appeal to you -- than you have no appreciation for culture and also should probably consult with a doctor for your wife's sake. (BTW kids in high school when "Welcome to the Black Parade" dropped are in their mid-30s now.) And while a Dominatrix walking submissive men on leashes touches on a few kinks and fetishes, I wouldn't classify any of them as "LGBTQIA+". In fact, if you visit our local BDSM dungeon--The Woodshed over on Orange--you'll find the clientele is overwhelmingly straight, to the point they used to reserve Sunday nights for the gay community just so they would have a space to feel comfortable in. Your third point is ridiculous, bordering on offensive.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

And while a Dominatrix walking submissive men on leashes touches on a few kinks and fetishes, I wouldn't classify any of them as "LGBTQIA+". In fact, if you visit our local BDSM dungeon--The Woodshed over on Orange--you'll find the clientele is overwhelmingly straight, to the point they used to reserve Sunday nights for the gay community just so they would have a space to feel comfortable in. Your third point is ridiculous, bordering on offensive.

Who is my third point even offending? Straight BDSM enthusiasts?

Finally caught this (full disclosure, friend hooked us up with VIP, which may color my opinion a bit): amazing show. Probably the best of the three. What it lacks in plot--never a HNF strong suit--it makes up with in far superior choreography and aerial work. Still can't get over how good the rope dancers are this year. The fire effects have a new trick or two up their sleeves as well, and remain stunning. The finale magic trick is also probably the best they've done.

I do question how many more times they can barely change up this simple formula before it gets boring. But the third time still packs the house on an atypically slow Sunday evening, so I'm not sure that is their top concern at the moment.

I do agree about the 18 year old part tho. Creeped out seeing a 6-year-old at the show yesterday, I've heard reports of toddlers as well.
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV