Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ll put up a full event review later, but this show deserves another shoutout. Absolutely incredible environment.

You can feel the passion from everyone involved. Performers giving it 100%, and the traffic flow TMs were having a blast dancing during the pre-show music. Nothing quite like it at the event!

I saw this again last night and it really is amazing. The pre-show “Welcome to the Black Parade” is a great way to hype up the crowd and it never gets old. The actual show is just amazing. The dancers really give it there all and love it. The ending were the dreamer
kills the queen
is just amazing.

Finally saw this show and got to see it twice last week.
Gotta say I'm happy to eat my words on it likely being exactly the same. It was a much better show than the previous ones. Pretty much everything was amped up

The queen is an amazing aerialist and the amount of things she does without any kind of real grip on the ropes is really impressive, especially with some of the more extreme moves.

Music in this show is insanely good this year. Crowds clearly love it. Wonder if it will be back next year though as they were only signed to a three year contract and this was supposed to be the end of a trilogy according to one of the podcasts. I'm actually not that big fan of this show at all though. I see the show about once per event now rather than the many times I used to see B&T. But this show (or this type of show in general) is insanely popular and I recognize that.

However, if we're going to have a Dance/Magic show, i'd also like to see a second show that adds something different. I don't expect something like B&T to pass the muster anymore, but there has to be some type of show that they can throw in Bourne that offers something different. I mentioned this earlier when. I went to USH HHN... why the Blumhouse thing wasn't a few minutes longer and cloned to be done inside of Bourne is beyond me. They could've done the M&G/photo-op stuff if the pre-show room of Bourne too very easily.

Music in this show is insanely good this year. Crowds clearly love it. Wonder if it will be back next year though as they were only signed to a three year contract and this was supposed to be the end of a trilogy according to one of the podcasts. I'm actually not that big fan of this show at all though. I see the show about once per event now rather than the many times I used to see B&T. But this show (or this type of show in general) is insanely popular and I recognize that.

However, if we're going to have a Dance/Magic show, i'd also like to see a second show that adds something different. I don't expect something like B&T to pass the muster anymore, but there has to be some type of show that they can throw in Bourne that offers something different. I mentioned this earlier when. I went to USH HHN... why the Blumhouse thing wasn't a few minutes longer and cloned to be done inside of Bourne is beyond me. They could've done the M&G/photo-op stuff if the pre-show room of Bourne too very easily.

Yeah, when I said earlier that they should use Bourne... I didn't just mean the actual show/stunts. Just do something in the stage/building at the very least to fill in those seats.

I still think there's a way to do B&T today, they just need better writing to remove the pressure from the punchlines.

Yeah, when I said earlier that they should use Bourne... I didn't just mean the actual show/stunts. Just do something in the stage/building at the very least to fill in those seats.

I still think there's a way to do B&T today, they just need better writing to remove the pressure from the punchlines.
B&T can still be done. The Hanging is back at Knotts, although I found it a bit flat (but replace the two leads in that show with B&T and the show is a B&T show... because B&T is based off of it lol). But also... HHN Orlando has a VAST array of original characters or they could even create new ones. They could have a similar-ish show to B&T, with tweaks, but instead of B&T, they'd be working with in-house characters, which could also allow them a chance to then have a show where they incorporate the years icon (if there is one). I would've loved to have seen Oddfellow in a more expanded show.

B&T can still be done. The Hanging is back at Knotts, although I found it a bit flat (but replace the two leads in that show with B&T and the show is a B&T show... because B&T is based off of it lol). But also... HHN Orlando has a VAST array of original characters or they could even create new ones. They could have a similar-ish show to B&T, with tweaks, but instead of B&T, they'd be working with in-house characters, which could also allow them a chance to then have a show where they incorporate the years icon (if there is one). I would've loved to have seen Oddfellow in a more expanded show.
Something along the lines of an Oddfellow's Freakshow would have been really cool!

I'm in the same boat as you with Nightmare Fuel. It has huge fans in its intended audience, but that intended audience is very much not me.

The park has 3 other theaters. There's no reason not to have a Horror Makeup After Dark (hell, make it a behind the scenes of some of the effects and makeup of HHN), something in Bourne, and something in AA. Give a variety of shows for the people who are maybe not into the Nightmare Fuel vibe

So for tonight, they had EVERY dancer in the shows, including the standbys/spares, which was really cool to see.

And here's a video of the last show (and potentially the last Nightmare Fuel show in general?):

That was awesome. You can't fake that kind of passion from the crowd and performers. Nightmare Fuel has cemented itself as a major piece of HHN history.

There's really no wrong move for what they do in 2024, in my opinion. It's the perfect high note of a trilogy to ride off into the sunset on, or they could bring it back because of how in-demand it is.

797391ef-c419-4b46-87c4-1ab2499809f0.png

Can't remember if they posted something like this last year or not. Can't help but feel that Nightmare Fuel isn't coming back next year.
It’s a great show and I would love to see it come back! But as it’s a trilogy of shows I doubt it will.

It’s a great show and I would love to see it come back! But as it’s a trilogy of shows I doubt it will.

Not sure where this "trilogy" idea started but the second show was basically a remake of the first, albeit finally with the actual HNF actors. And the third was only slightly tweaked. It's not like there's an overarching story arc.

B&T ran close to 30 years before Legal killed it. AoV ran 3 or 4 years before its creator's actions forced Legal to kill it. This show is wildly popular, barring outside pressure, I think Universal backs the truck up to keep it going.