Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally curious, would it be possible that we may see a second entrance for Nintendo, like over where the backstage entrance next to Simpsons is? Just curious, that's all.

I didn't mean to say it as if diagon doesn't not have a lot to do but I think Nintendo should deserve even more interactive elements and views to see and yes also more than one ride , it's so much you could do with this one the possibilities are literally unlimited

Reactions: Blue
Amazing to see 20 years later, Pokemon still going strong. They recently announced their 2015 results for retail sales of $2.1 Billion, putting them 29th of top global licencors. Incredible for just a single franchise that is now 20 years old. They've actually grown YOY, in 2014 they had revenues of $2 Billion, and 2013 $1.5 Billion.

Source: http://images2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/license-global/pdf/2016-05-top150.pdf

Disney came in at #1 with $52.5 Billion. Dreamworks was 18 with $3.3 Billion

Reactions: UNIrd
Yeah, I think Nintendo will definitely need more than Diagon to do for the toddler crowd if nothing else. A lot of the intricacies of Diagon are lost on kids. Nintendo will need more kinetic energy type rides and activities.

Amazing to see 20 years later, Pokemon still going strong. They recently announced their 2015 results for retail sales of $2.1 Billion, putting them 29th of top global licencors. Incredible for just a single franchise that is now 20 years old. They've actually grown YOY, in 2014 they had revenues of $2 Billion, and 2013 $1.5 Billion.

Source: http://images2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/license-global/pdf/2016-05-top150.pdf

Disney came in at #1 with $52.5 Billion. Dreamworks was 18 with $3.3 Billion

Interesting. Thanks for posting. While Disney is #1, Universal has a lot of licensees in the top 20 in its parks, including now Sanrio.

With the rumor being Mario Kart and Donkey Kong for the 2 main rides, do we know what is being said about which IP's will be used for the other smaller rides? Toad? Yoshi? Luigi?

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and the only other Mario thing that would work as theme park attraction is Mario Party so I'm gonna guess that is it. I do know Nintendo staff said that if anyone wanted tv/film rights to their stuff it would have to be interactive with the audience so I'm guessing the same thing for the attractions.

Wow! Three headliners. Does this mean we traded in a a c or d for another e?

If it took time to redevelop, maybe we have a Civil War/Spider-Man situation. UC could have had a plan that included Pokemon, but they weren't sure if they could get the rights. Maybe they locked it down?

Wow! Three headliners. Does this mean we traded in a a c or d for another e?

Don't get too excited. By "main" attractions I mean anything bigger than a flat ride/street show/interactive thing.

I'd say there's still only one E (Mario Kart), a D, and a C+ or a D, depending on the final product. I've been told by a few people there's another E there too, but I honestly don't buy that. We'll see.