Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't get too excited. By "main" attractions I mean anything bigger than a flat ride/street show/interactive thing.

I'd say there's still only one E (Mario Kart), a D, and a C+ or a D, depending on the final product. I've been told by a few people there's another E there too, but I honestly don't buy that. We'll see.

I really hope one of the Ds is a classic dark ride. Universal desperately needs one, especially if E.T. is going to be leaving for Nintendo land. The only thing that Universal has otherwise is Cat in the Hat. And that's...I'm being generous by describing it as a dark ride.

I was thinking, since Jungle Skip mentioned Zelda's Death Mountain would be great for the third park; what would be cool would be if they did a coaster like this, would be akin to Universal's Expedition Everest, and they could have a huge King Dodongo AA, include dark ride elements etc.

More to gadgetguru...

Yeah, I never understood how you categorize rides. My gut feeling (totally willing to admit that it's wrong) is that rides go down the A-E scale as they age. Whereas Haunted Mansion and Small World may have been E's when they launched, now they're a D (HM) and C (SW).

That's the impression I get when people categorize rides. Personally, I don't think Universal makes anything besides Es and a couple Cs anymore.

Yeah, I never understood how you categorize rides. My gut feeling (totally willing to admit that it's wrong) is that rides go down the A-E scale as they age. Whereas Haunted Mansion and Small World may have been E's when they launched, now they're a D (HM) and C (SW).

That's the impression I get when people categorize rides. Personally, I don't think Universal makes anything besides Es and a couple Cs anymore.
Thrills never mattered all that much with the ticket system. It was about scale/scope of the attraction and most popular attractions. So yes, HM is an E. SW potentially down to a D mostly due to lack of building maintenance.

^ That is pretty much how I saw it but the rating system is such an antique at this point I wasn't sure. If Orlando gets both large attractions going to Japan, then I would judge them both as E-tickets. I will be sad if they only get only the one originally planned as both seem "big".