Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They'd probably use DreamWorks (Shrek, HTTYD, KFP, Madagascar and Trolls) as a Fantasyland-type area.

Which I'd agree with- that is what they would use.

And I think Dreamworks + other Several other Nintendo franchises at the 3rd park are way more of a draw than just Mario. Thats why I think Mario needs to go there. Save Dreamworks for the new park and do it right (and bigger).

Reactions: chewbacca1995
I still think Zelda and Pokémon would work fine in driving traffic to the new property. Combine them with things like Dreamworks and LotR and that park is set.

This is the second time I see LOTR mentioned today, is it just mentioning a 'random' IP to illustrate a point or is there something else to it??

troy-barnes-emotions.gif

Reactions: Mike S
Considering how low-capacity KidZone is (E.T. being the only attraction an adult without kids might seek out) compared to the 10 acres it covers, why wouldn't Mario come to USF?

Mario Kart E-ticket, Yoshi's Island E-ticket, DK D-ticket, WarioWare/Captain Toad-themed flat rides (both franchises lend themselves well to a wacky flat ride), maybe a Peach attraction (a M&G/show)>>>E.T., Animal Actors, a toddler-only show, two play areas and a kiddie coaster.

What about a Kirby flat ride?

I love Kirby but I have a hard time seeing him getting anything more than perhaps a US version of his cafe chain, and probably not even in the initial Nintendo installment.

I will be surprised to see anything outside the Mushroom Kingdom world represented in any way outside of merch.

Which is why it would be nice if this whole thing coincided with a Nintendo Orlando store like the one they have in New York City. Would be a great thing to have before the Nintendo section even opens actually.

The Pokemon brand is still incredibly strong. That's all they need to react to. Not the phenomenon that was Pokemon Go (and lasted for like 1, maybe 2 months).

Yea, at this point I think Uni would be dumb to not at least attempt get Pokemon in their park(s) (I would lean on it being one of their top priorities). Sorry if these numbers were already posted here, I know Mike S alluded to great sales of Pokemon Sun and Moon but I didn't see anyone post the actual numbers, but I admit I was only skimming

US: 3.7 million (Just under 2 weeks since launch)
Japan: 2.3 million (10 days)
EU: 1.5 million (5 days)

Total: 7.5 million

Those are incredible numbers for a market that has been rapidly shifting to cheap mobile phone games as opposed to traditional handheld gaming, and the fact that 3ds is near the end of its life cycle.

Will be interesting to see if this can get close to Pokemon Gold and Silver sales (total sales), which was the last in the series that I played.

Not to jump the gun though. Of course looking forward to what they have for this current phase of Nintendo, but for future, I bet they will be trying hard to get Pokemon

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
I love Kirby but I have a hard time seeing him getting anything more than perhaps a US version of his cafe chain, and probably not even in the initial Nintendo installment.

I will be surprised to see anything outside the Mushroom Kingdom world represented in any way outside of merch.

Which is why it would be nice if this whole thing coincided with a Nintendo Orlando store like the one they have in New York City. Would be a great thing to have before the Nintendo section even opens actually.
They would be stupid if they didn't get Nintendo stores in each City Walk.