Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't know a free version was available, I'll check it out. Thanks!
The game itself is free, after the fist few levels you have to use an in-app purchase to unlock the rest. This in itself has been a point of criticism as it apparently circumvents the family sharing option. Also the game requires a constant internet connection as a means of anti-piracy.

Personally the first few levels were more than enough for me.

Super Mario Run isn't doing well as hoped. People aren't liking the game.

It made over five million dollars in the first 24 hours alone. And most of the critism is more about the price more than anything..

To me, this game is going to need to rely on Nintendo supporting the game with free updates that add more to the game, as I think that could be the most important factor when it comes to SMR's success. I've heard from good friends of mine that they like the game, and those who hate it due to particular reasons. It's going to have to depend on feedback and how they treat post-launch as that's how I see it..

Reactions: Mike S
I think the criticism over price is fair, you're paying $10 for 26 60 second levels. Although my guess is it's priced to allow for sales later on.

Also did anyone else do the survey for Universal in park games and apps?

If they're going to charge an upscale price, they should have created an upscale game and not one that can be compared to a 99¢ game.
You want upscale Nintendo games? Buy a Nintendo console. I'm guessing that's their message. It worked for Pokémon, so why not Mario?
I bought the game and I'm loving it!
For an app on my phone it's better than I thought it would be. I ended up buying it after getting everything in the first three levels.
I disagree with you. I think the visuals are subpar at best (hate the nsmb art style, although the HD coating looks nice) but I'm loving the gameplay!
I think the NSMB art style works here but for 2D Mario on Switch (if they do it) they need to change it up. I was done with that series since I got bored with the Wii version.

So how about that Super Nintendo World huh? :)

You want upscale Nintendo games? Buy a Nintendo console. I'm guessing that's their message. It worked for Pokémon, so why not Mario?

For an app on my phone it's better than I thought it would be. I ended up buying it after getting everything in the first three levels.

I think the NSMB art style works here but for 2D Mario on Switch (if they do it) they need to change it up. I was done with that series since I got bored with the Wii version.

So how about that Super Nintendo World huh? :)

I don't think it even really needs to be a proper upscale game. I think that it feels just like any other side scrolling game on an iPhone where you can only really jump. If they had made a port of the original Mario with the ability to move forward on your own, it would feel completely different and that would justify the price.

nes-controller.jpg

Create something like this, sell it for $60 with more classic games similar to the Nintendo Classic.

I don't think it even really needs to be a proper upscale game. I think that it feels just like any other side scrolling game on an iPhone where you can only really jump. If they had made a port of the original Mario with the ability to move forward on your own, it would feel completely different and that would justify the price.

nes-controller.jpg

Create something like this, sell it for $60 with more classic games similar to the Nintendo Classic.
Then you sell it to a lot less iPhone users who don't want to deal with expensive add-ons and only want to easily pull out their phone and play. The only real mistake they made is having it be always online. That needs to go in a future update.

Reactions: Brer Oswald