Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So...will there be unique Amiibo's or special dlc (cosmetic) for your Switch games at the park and how do you feel about that?

I see unique amiibo being likely actually, since it's never been tied strictly to one gaming console or one particular game and is very much more of a collector's item. Not so sure about the Switch though.

I think that would hinge on the device being a massive success and still relevant in four years time(which is possible, I'm not trying to hate or anything). I definitely see them opting for unique mobile phone stuff though, since they've already said as much and that is supposed to be one of their primary business avenues as a company going forward.

You're probably thinking of Disney Infinity. That was killed off last year.

They keep announcing new amiibo so I assume they have no intention of discontinuing them anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Robert Niles (on Theme Park Insider) has an interview, concerning the Nintendo land, with Universal's Steve Tatham, VP Creative Group of Universal Studios Japan. (Note:Tatham is a former Disney Imagineer)....Nothing specific, but there are hints at their philosophy of approaching the subject.

Robert Niles (on Theme Park Insider) has an interview, concerning the Nintendo land, with Universal's Steve Tatham, VP Creative Group of Universal Studios Japan. (Note:Tatham is a former Disney Imagineer)....Nothing specific, but there are hints at their philosophy of approaching the subject.
Such as...?

Such as...?
Long interview but I believe these are the quotes from Tatham that best hint at their approach for Nintendo............."I've learned that our guests (Universal Japan) know their properties very well (in this section he's referring to Cool Japan and the VR coaster & first ever mobile app in a queue) and the stories we tell need to be faithful and consistent to the IP while creating a whole new experience that the guests have never seen before"...
and further questions concerning IP's
"Character is at the heart of stories whether they are told in movies, games or rides. In a game, you as a player, are often at the center of the action and are on a mission......We need to create a mission that feels true to the game;something that is motivated by the kinds of values that the original story embodies".........
"We reinforce narrative choices by using the appropriate technology. By using VR, mobile experiences and interactive gaming, we can allow for branching story lines and multiple points of view within the same experience. Technology helps us make the guests the hero of the experiences.".........
"Concerning IP partners;
"We love for IP partners to co operate with us.....But we also really want them to listen to us because it is unlikely they've ever made a theme park experience before.....Making a 100 minute movie or a video game that has 10 or 100 hours of play is very different than making something for a theme park. We need to condense the essence of these stories into a visceral, immersive, compiling experiences that may only last a few minutes. And it takes a lot of creative co operatives to make that happen.".....
Just my take.

Robert Niles quote in a comment concerning his interview..."everything I've heard from Universal sources tells me that the company sees this as the next Potter-not just a platform for a single land, but for a series of attractions and lands as the years progress"....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :cheers:

Last edited:
Robert Niles quote in a comment concerning his interview..."everything I've heard from Universal sources tells me that the company sees this as the next Potter-not just a platform for a single land, but for a series of attractions and lands as the years progress"....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :cheers:
Mario, Zelda, Pokémon.

Bet on it :D