Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you testtrack, I forgot to consider that. I just thought of the original games and galaxy, Mario Kart would actually work much better for a ride system. And I find it funny that Universal doesn't have some sort of go-kart ride in place, so this could work well.

I'd rather have Mario Kart over Super Mario Galaxy, myself.

I think Galaxy and Bros. have a bit of an intrinsic advantage since they have a clear narrative running through them. I'd love to see a Kart ride with a strong interactive element, though. Just might be tricky to make that type of experience satisfying.

Reactions: Frogki
Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario/Donkey Kong/many, many others, big-wig at Nintendo) comments on the Universal partnership. He's basically the Spielberg of Nintendo if you don't know him for some reason.

"We've come to the point where the kids who grew up playing Nintendo games are now parents who have their own kids," said the veteran game designer during an interview translated by Bill Trinen, product marketing director at Nintendo of America. "I think for them it will be a tremendous experience."

"We have all the knowledge of who the Mario character is, what the Mario world is and how it's represented," said Miyamoto. "We have been in constant communication with (Universal) communicating our vision to them, and they're turning it into something that could exist within that park. It's really about that partnership."

"That's the challenge put forth to Universal Studios," said Miyamoto. "How do you take something digital and bring it into the real world in a way that people can experience it in real life? That's where we're working together."

Reactions: Mad Dog
"That's the challenge put forth to Universal Studios," said Miyamoto. "How do you take something digital and bring it into the real world in a way that people can experience it in real life? That's where we're working together."

Screens! and 3D! :tongue:

I don't know how they'll pull this off but I'm sure what Universal/Nintendo pulls off will be amazing.

Last edited:
Edit: off-topic but how do you do a quote box on the new forums?

Like this ^ :lmao:

Click "Reply" in the lower right corner of the post to quote. You can also do the
[ quote ] [ /quote ] without the spaces before and after quote.

Reactions: DK745

Screens! and 3D! :tongue:

I don't know how they'll pull this off but I'm sure what Universal/Nintendo pulls off will be amazing.

Edit: off-topic but how do you do a quote box on the new forums?
If you just want to qoute a post, just hit reply in the bottom right of the post. If you want to quote something not from a post, in the box with the smiley, the button on the right has a drop down menu. It's there along with the spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: DK745
Like this ^ :lmao:

Click "Reply" in the lower right corner of the post to quote. You can also do the
[ quote ] [ /quote ] without the spaces before and after quote.

If you just want to qoute a post, just hit reply in the bottom right of the post. If you want to quote something not from a post, in the box with the smiley, the button on the right has a drop down menu. It's there along with the spoiler tag.

Thanks. I hovered over all the options in the box but didn't actually click insert to see the options to quote a non-post :bonk:

An indoor launched spinning family coaster themed to mario kart, that could be really cool.

As for Star Fox, I don't think it looked that bad, I am still excited for it, though it does not look that impressive either. Probably it is the best they could do for the Wii U hardware. I think fast flying type motion is pretty hard on system resources.

My daughter is hoping they'll do a Pikmin ride, that could make an interesting dark ride, they could utilize a trackless system.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Finished a survey recently that shed an enormous amount of light on the pending Nintendoland at Universal. Not sure how detailed I'm allowed to get as the survey got into some VERY interesting specifics. The mods on here can let me know how much more info I can divulge.

1. Was asked if I thought the land belonged at IOA or USO.
2. Was asked how much land should be allocated to it.(5%, 10%, 20% of the park.)
3. If it should match or EXCEED the level of theming shown with Harry Potter.
4. What the entrance to the land should look like
5. The general types of rides, shows, interactivity, stores and meet and greets that would encompass this land.

Lastly, and most interestingly, Mario Kart WILL be a ride. The survey got into many fascinating details about this impending E-ticket. Again, not sure how far I can go in describing it but let me just say that Universal is once again planning to outdo itself and I get the sense that we should all be immensely excited for this future development.
Welcome out of the shadows! Quick question: where did you get the survey? I'd love to take it.

Causes me to wonder if said survey is actually a sand hill crane.

Same...

My guess is the details - while some may have been/will be accurate and come to life - were largely as abstraction examples to gauge response and interest to certain concepts. Using detailed discarded concepts that are still viable and representative of/related to current concepts is a great, if not common method from what I've come to know.