Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got it!

Mario Kart, with screens.... as the road....

giphy.gif

I think Mario Kart would be such a cool ride...unless Fast and Furious comes first. I don't see how these two rides could NOT be super similar, unless they either a.) create insane new technology for a Mario Kart ride, or b.) re-develop entirely what Fast and Furious is from Hollywood. Otherwise, I don't see how both rides wouldn't just be sitting next to a screen pretending to be racing.

I think Mario Kart would be such a cool ride...unless Fast and Furious comes first. I don't see how these two rides could NOT be super similar, unless they either a.) create insane new technology for a Mario Kart ride, or b.) re-develop entirely what Fast and Furious is from Hollywood. Otherwise, I don't see how both rides wouldn't just be sitting next to a screen pretending to be racing.

Fast and the Furious Orlando will be nowhere near the same ride as Hollywood.

And don't expect anything in Nintendo to be similar to anything you've seen before.

i could just picture a Mario kart ride featuring all of nintendo's prominent characters and taking off in a "race" speeding down visually incredible scenes. i can picture hitting the speed boost arrows and feeling a boost running into a dropped banana peel and smelling it while spinning out of control. getting bumped by turtle shells, and getting the star boost that makes you invincible. SO MUCH POTENTIAL here ladies and gentleman and universal has shown bits and pieces of examples of all these technologies that can and most likely will go into this franchise in the recent past... Simpsons baby breathe scene.. harry potter domes transition to animatronics.. Transformers and spiderman 4K visuals and scene transitions from screen to physical.. heck even shrek 4D's seats and water lighting effects and we will only get more hints when kong opens. I'm excited and i think everyone else should be.

Reactions: greendude33
Wow that sounds exactly like what I was picturing vehicle-wise. Now whether it will be simulators or actual cars and if you will see the people in other vehicles or if they will all be nintendo mascots.

As far as the ride system goes, according to the survey, the current plans are to make each car a four seater. It would be VERY interactive. One person would be the driver while everyone else would be involved in collecting and utilizing the weapons on the track.

I don't know if your allowed to say it but did they go into wether it'd be like a Simpsons where its a simulator or is it something more? If you wish to not answer that then that's fine but it could be really something..

I am reminded of Mario Kart: Double Dash for the Gamecube, where one character drives while the other one on the back throws the turtle shells, banana peels, etc. If what the person above said is true and they could find a way to make it 4 players in one car, this would be amazing. Especially taking into account that you could have multiple locations from multiple games. Imagine having as many choices for tracks on the ride that you do in the game? Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle, Excitebike, etc. etc. :drool:

I am reminded of Mario Kart: Double Dash for the Gamecube, where one character drives while the other one on the back throws the turtle shells, banana peels, etc. If what the person above said is true and they could find a way to make it 4 players in one car, this would be amazing. Especially taking into account that you could have multiple locations from multiple games. Imagine having as many choices for tracks on the ride that you do in the game? Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle, Excitebike, etc. etc. :drool:

Double Dash LAN Party: The Ride...I like it ;)