Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This argument is going nowhere. If people really want a Mario Kart ride more than a Super Mario ride, then that's fine. They should try to look for what people want and then try to make that. I'll go back to lurking :lol:

Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This argument is going nowhere. If people really want a Mario Kart ride more than a Super Mario ride, then that's fine. They should try to look for what people want and then try to make that. I'll go back to lurking :lol:

Skip knows things, I don't think it's him wanting it more as much as checking expectations. See: NBC Media Center expectations

It's hard because recent Mario games have surpassed the "Save the Princess" plot. If you ask 100 people what kind of Mario ride they want, more likely they'll say "Mario Kart".

Furthermore, it would be really hard to have 2 "save the princess" rides in one land. They have to use Zelda; it's their 2nd biggest "in-house" property - but with Zelda... it's all about saving the princess/Hyrule.

Reactions: grizzlybarely
A Mario Kart Ride sounds like it would just be a next gen version of MIB or BL. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun for families...which im sure is the main audience for this in the first place.

I just wonder how interactive the "driving" will be. That will make or break the attraction.

Why do you keep saying that? I'm expressing an opinion, albeit an unpopular one. That's kind of the whole point of a message board.

I don't know that it's necessarily unpopular, as much as I love Mario Kart, I think I'd still prefer a Super Mario Bros ride, especially if it were retro-styled.

Reactions: grizzlybarely
Just for my own edification, insiders: ticket-wise, what tier will the Mario and Zelda rides be? It almost sounds like the Zelda ride will be the E-ticket and Mario Kart will be a nice C- or D-ticket.

Just for my own edification, insiders: ticket-wise, what tier will the Mario and Zelda rides be? It almost sounds like the Zelda ride will be the E-ticket and Mario Kart will be a nice C- or D-ticket.

No. Mario Kart will definitely be an E-ticket, if anything I've heard about it is true. I'd imagine the other rides will be D-level, though honestly it would not surprise me if they were close to E's as well.

Reactions: anihilnation
No. Mario Kart will definitely be an E-ticket, if anything I've heard about it is true. I'd imagine the other rides will be D-level, though honestly it would not surprise me if they were close to E's as well.

Okay, my interest level is back up then. Just completely in the dark as to what the ride will be like. But that's part of the fun :lol:

If ET is staying.. What land would it be in? It's just like its own thing between Nintendo, Hollywood & Springfield. Would they expand the Hollywood theming all the way down towards ET? Or ET land?

I really hope there is no Mario Party used. We don't need attractions at theme parks that instigate fights and/or riots.