Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well there was the art that got leaked...

I had no idea the project was ever this ambitious. I counted at least 8 possible attractions here. I imagined 2 rides, shops, and a counter service and that's exactly what we might get.

I had no idea the project was ever this ambitious. I counted at least 8 possible attractions here. I imagined 2 rides, shops, and a counter service and that's exactly what we might get.

You’re getting 3 rides. It’s unknown if any of the flat rides made it through.

Edit: And if Disneyhead is correct about Pokémon, you’re technically getting 4 rides

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
With the amount of different characters added onto that old concept art, I feel like UC really, really wanted to add all those IPs that could possibly eventually turn into lands by themselves.

As Sean pointed out, at this point; it seems to be three attractions, Donkey Kong Boom Coaster; Yoshi Omnimover; and the Mario Kart Mega E-Ticket. And if Pokemon is being added into the 1.5 for SNW Phase 1, it could very well be 4 attractions in the manner of a two year period.

Also, things to keep in mind, while the number of rides may have been decreased, the scope of the ones there seem to have expanded.

For instance, instead of the Bullet Bill TTA-like ride and probably a few of the flat rides, we’re getting a Yoshi Omnimover D ticket. Donkey Kong also sounded like a SDMT sized ride before, while now I understand it to have a bigger scope.

The only loss would be Hyrule dropping out, but if that ends up getting a big presence in Park 3 it’ll all work out

Last edited:
Also, things to keep in mind, while he number of rides may have gotten decreased, the scope of the ones there seem to have expanded.

For instance, instead of the Bullet Bill TTA-like ride and probably a few of the flat rides, we’re getting a Yoshi Omnimover D ticket. Donkey Kong also sounded like a SDMT sized ride before, while now I understand it to have a bigger scope.

The only loss would be Hyrule dropping out, but if that ends up getting a big presence in Park 3 it’ll all work out

Not to mention, it seemed that Pokemon would've been in a minimalistic role for the land from the first pitch; and if it's going to MiB and the expansion plot, it would be expanding on that IP as a whole.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Is this the first time a park opens 3 NEW major attraction at the same time?

Wowza
In terms of rides, Disney will do it with Star Wars Land and the Mickey ride in 2019, and if rides aren’t required to make something major, I’d count Diagon (Hogwarts Express, Gringotts, and the Ollivanders/Celestina/Tales Of Beadle the Bard shows).

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
In terms of rides, Disney will do it with Star Wars Land and the Mickey ride in 2019, and if rides aren’t required to make something major, I’d count Diagon (Hogwarts Express, Gringotts, and the Ollivanders/Celestina/Tales Of Beadle the Bard shows).

I would say more, on the fact that one land alone will have three major additions with possible high capacities for two of them at the start, and then adding onto the .5 a year after. It shows Universal wanting to commit to giving the Nintendo IP's their due, in way's that make more sense than packing all of their IP's at once.

Would Yoshi be Universal’s first omnimover?

(Mind you, omnimover refers to a very specific ride system that self-levels as it goes over inclines - but it is commonly thought to be the slow ever-moving train of vehicles.)

Also, things to keep in mind, while he number of rides may have gotten decreased, the scope of the ones there seem to have expanded.

This is great and all, but we lose 5 attractions to gain 3. I just don't like the idea of seemingly losing attractions in the count. Transformers and The HE have been the only attractions added if im not mistaking,, in recent years. Look at kidzone however you must but those 5 things we are for sure losing just gave that part of the park more versatility (no matter how dated lol )

Would Yoshi be Universal’s first omnimover?

(Mind you, omnimover refers to a very specific ride system that self-levels as it goes over inclines - but it is commonly thought to be the slow ever-moving train of vehicles.)

Pretty sure it would be, yea. Can’t thinknof one at any of the other parks

Off the top of my head, yeah; SNW would be the first, but Osaka would be the first out of the three.

This is great and all, but we lose 5 attractions to gain 3. I just don't like the idea of seemingly losing attractions in the count. Transformers and The HE have been the only attractions added if im not mistaking,, in recent years. Look at kidzone however you must but those 5 things we are for sure losing just gave that part of the park more versatility (no matter how dated lol )

Here is the thing, the loss of the 4 (counting .5) would mean that they could place even more capacity towards ensuring that those rides could handle large crowds.

I see this as UNI wanted to build another themed land, they pitched something to Nintendo at the right time...after the ink dried, they started working. I think the Studios is where UoR wanted to step up their ‘we can do families with younger kids’ game...and to me, with Nintendo, it know has that ‘they whole family can enjoy it’....that was something I wanted in my younger days when I heard about Seuss Island...took a long time until I got to ride the trolly in the sky and I really hated it (long period of time not going to parks, so I first rode it about six years ago).

Reactions: JungleSkip

Kong was an addition as well.

And sorry, but replacing little-frequented attractions with full bore E/D tickets is a massive, massive upgrade any way you slice it.

The only lateral move would be MIB -> Pokemon, and Disneyhead seems to be implying some of the expansion pad behind MIB will be used to make it a mini land

Reactions: Jones14
Enjoyment of the Trolley really depends on which narration you get. It can go from a quaint view of the park to a cloying nightmare.

As for closures - is it functional or theoretical capacity they’re losing?

It’s like closing Energy at Epcot. The theoretical was 1716 per hour. Actual riders? Way lower at time of closure. Even if Guardians opens and only runs at like 1500, it will be packed and so it benefits the park over the few hundred per show energy had at the end. I see kidzone to Mario being similar.

Kong was an addition as well.

And sorry, but replacing little-frequented attractions with full bore E/D tickets is a massive, massive upgrade any way you slice it.

The only lateral move would be MIB -> Pokemon, and Disneyhead seems to be implying some of the expansion pad behind MIB will be used to make it a mini land
I specifically meant USF as far as additions.

And you're right. I'm looking at it as people having more options. Even when they closed Kidzone Pizza was disappointed. Granted International Food and Film sold Pizza as well but it was great having that particular option nearby.

We're adults, but I used to work the area and frequent it now with a kid and kids loved the whackyness. IDK I hope Nintendo comes with some climbing obstacles, or props, or a Camp Jurassic type of area that helps with more than just "Rides" if you get what I'm saying.