Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 388 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, it depends on what Nintendo wants. For what it's worth, USF will probably have attendance of around 12-13 million by the time SNW is ready to open there. The new resort's park will likely open to around 6-7 million attendance in its first year and then grow pretty rapidly, but I'd be surprised if the 3rd dry park had over 10 million attendance before 2026. These things take time, and don't forget that the first resort will have around 10,000 hotel rooms while the second resort will probably have only around a half that by 2026-2027.

As for the second resort, I think most would be surprised if it opened before 2023; Spring 2023 is around 5.5 years away, which is a fair timeline given all of the land preparation that needs to be done on the main lots (a lot of the missile testing toxicity hasn't been completely cleaned out and there's a lot of changes that probably need to be made to where the bodies of water are).

But who knows at this point, if KidZone doesn't close before 2019, then you're probably right that they'd have agreed to wait for the 3rd dry park, but again, I think it's more likely that just agreed to hold one or two IPs for that park.

Not to mention, when it comes to UC right now; it is rather liquid. Especially since D23, we have had rumors of them wanting to put MORE into the development of the northern resort, with projects seeming to be more on the verge of getting greenlit (and some already greenlit).

It doesn't phase me that Super Nintendo World is being looked at for getting extra for the USF front, as it makes sense as a way to keep people in Orlando, even after the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. What does phase me, is that Pokemon seems to be the one right now that will be the +1 in all this.

Reactions: zg44
The new park isn't going to be done by 2021. And people have said Kid Zone was closing after HHN from all I remember.
I know I read on here that the HHN reconfigurations were so KidZone could close before or during HHN, then it was it will close after it, and now isn't it that it will close after the new years rush? It just keeps getting pushed back.

I mean I feel like Universal is developing a plan to put it in Studios if there appears to be too many delays for a 3rd park, but it seems far from a sure thing any of it is coming to Studios at this point.... While it is an aggressive schedule, many seem to believe Universal really wants a 3rd park open for WDW's 50th celebration to steal some excitement from that.

I know I read on here that the HHN reconfigurations were so KidZone could close before or during HHN, then it was it will close after it, and now isn't it that it will close after the new years rush? It just keeps getting pushed back.
All of these have been guesses/estimations on our part based on rumors/hearsay, and our reactions to what we saw happening. None of us knew or know for sure when KidsZone will close.

As far as we know nothing has been pushed back, we just guessed wrong on when construction would begin. But like I said, nothing has been officially announced, so we're all just guessing on that.

I do still believe KidsZone will be Nintendo phase 1 for Orlando. We have a tremendous amount of evidence to support that, and that has not changed. So far the biggest change some of us have seen, is that phase 1 will be getting bigger... but certainly not moving to another park.

KidZone is going to be Nintendo. Unless literally everyone with any shred of information on the matter is wrong, in 3.5-4 years we’ll all be riding around the Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong country. There may be more Nintendo coming to the third park or IoA or what have you, but SNW as we know it will be in KidZone

Reactions: Mike S
All of these have been guesses/estimations on our part based on rumors/hearsay, and our reactions to what we saw happening. None of us knew or know for sure when KidsZone will close.

As far as we know nothing has been pushed back, we just guessed wrong on when construction would begin. But like I said, nothing has been officially announced, so we're all just guessing on that.

I do still believe KidsZone will be Nintendo phase 1 for Orlando. We have a tremendous amount of evidence to support that, and that has not changed. So far the biggest change some of us have seen, is that phase 1 will be getting bigger... but certainly not moving to another park.

Ya... except when I called it a guess- I got told that it isn't a guess and it was a fact.

People need to stop stating "educated guesses", as I mentioned in this post- as fact. You aren't guilty of this- but others are. That's where the confusion comes from.

We can guess that when construction starts.

@Teebin is as consistent as they come- and even he has never said "XYZ attraction is closing in XYZ and will be open in X years" that I can recall. Because he seems to be one of the only ones to not confuse facts with educated guessing.

How about we wait until a hammer drops and then we can plan ~3 years from that time? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see everything open next HHN.

For the record- Avatar broke ground Jan 2014- 2 years and 4 months after announcement. We are at 2 years and 5 months currently with Nintendo. So it could be the same- but it easily couldn't be either.

Wasn't FFL supposed to be closing for years now? And T2? And DC last September? 4th Park opening in 2019/2020? Might as well start talking about MiB closing in the next few years and stating it as fact because everyone knows that will happen regardless. Oh, that's already happened? Forgive me.
Sorry if I don't take stock in educated guesses.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and fryoj
Ya... except when I called it a guess- I got told that it isn't a guess and it was a fact.
When is the guess. Where is a fact. (At least as of 2.5 months ago as far as my information is concerned.)

We may not know when KidsZone is closing simply because it hasn't been decided officially from on high.

Last edited:
When is the guess. Where is a fact. (At least as of 2.5 months ago as far as my information is concerned.)

We may not know when KidsZone is closing simply because it hasn't been decided officially from on high.
Yes Alicia- please read my quote and/or go back and read the thread. I was talking about the when... and "when" has been stated multiple times as a fact (again- not by you). Even when I attempted to call it out as an educated guess, it was doubled down as fact. Educated guesses are the best, and why I like reading here.
Pretending you're something you're not and taking educated guesses and presenting them as fact isn't why I like reading here- and it confuses several readers (mostly the casual ones).
I agree KidZone is where it will go, and I don't even need any information or plans- it just makes the most sense.

Love your input though Alicia- you're one of my favorite posters- this forum wouldn't be the same without you. :cheers:

Yes Alicia- please read my quote and/or go back and read the thread. I was talking about the when... and "when" has been stated multiple times as a fact (again- not by you). Even when I attempted to call it out as an educated guess, it was doubled down as fact. Educated guesses are the best, and why I like reading here.
Pretending you're something you're not and taking educated guesses and presenting them as fact isn't why I like reading here- and it confuses several readers (mostly the casual ones).
I agree KidZone is where it will go, and I don't even need any information or plans- it just makes the most sense.

Love your input though Alicia- you're one of my favorite posters- this forum wouldn't be the same without you. :cheers:
Thanks!

Waiting for some movement in KidsZone (besides the blue walls in ET queue to block view) is driving me crazy. I want to do some videos and articles all about Nintendo World, but I'm trying to wait until we see or hear anything more concrete about KidsZone closing first. The waiting is killing me!

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol

Thats kind of what my initial question was. I've been following this thread, and while I've see a tremendous amount of evidence about specific rides and whatnot, the biggest evidence for the WHERE being Kidzone has been that it is ripe for redevelopment and has the most land available for an expansion, so that IF its in studios, thats the logical place for it. What is the real evidence that the WHERE is for sure Kidzone? What are our sources on that? And do we know if that is the primary plan or is it a Plan B for if they can't get the third gate open quickly enough?

Thats kind of what my initial question was. I've been following this thread, and while I've see a tremendous amount of evidence about specific rides and whatnot, the biggest evidence for the WHERE being Kidzone has been that it is ripe for redevelopment and has the most land available for an expansion, so that IF its in studios, thats the logical place for it. What is the real evidence that the WHERE is for sure Kidzone? What are our sources on that? And do we know if that is the primary plan or is it a Plan B for if they can't get the third gate open quickly enough?

The source on the WHERE, and I don’t want to sound like an ass, but it’s the easiest answer, is “Everyone”. I’ve not talked to anyone, whether insiders here or not on here, that says it’s going anywhere else. AFAIK Universal has never considered Super Nintendo World for Park 3. They’ve done extensive planning for KidZone, and again as far as I’ve heard from anyone it’s the only plan

Reactions: Mike S
I’ve heard compelling evidence for KidsZone, but can’t share too many specifics without getting anyone in trouble. And I’m sure I’m not the only one around here in a similar situation. If you look through previous posts in this thread you’ll see a lot of details are area-specific.

And Primary Plan, not a Plan B.

My understanding is that a new park and what it contains is still very much in flux.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Pokemon snap sucks.

W u troll?

After I tell you how much Pandora costs I’ll have a beer with you about things.

Reactions: Andysol

Well there was the art that got leaked...

I worry for the quality of MiB's last days if it they're eyeing it for replacement. It's looking rough as of this year's Horror Nights, and I have a bad feeling that it's going to keep rotting away until they finally kill it off.

I only know from what I’veread here, but i’ve seen the trailer city grow behind MiB every year at HHN. This year, the way they routed the HHN queues, it took us past some oss structures that looked to be climate controlled to an extreme and super locked down...to me, it seems obvious that they are planning something in that general area...plus, I think people have spotted the head of Nintendo near MiB (my guess is more that he was visiting the trailer city back there more so than checking out the area....now maybe that was the only place to expand those offices, but, all things considered, it really looks like KZ is going sometime in the near future.