Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 386 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because they're on the other side of the park from Nintendo...

To play Devil's advocate, The entrance to Kidzone is just as close to Mummy as it is to MIB

How about 805 animatronics in a Pirates/Small World hybrid type attraction :D.

It's a Pok-emon, Catch em all. It's a Pok-emon, Catch em all. It's a Pok-emon, Catch em all. It's a Pok - e - mon.

Reactions: Grits0808
May I ask why? MIB is the best I’ve been in in my opinion.

TSMM is newer, better tech, more fun (last point is personal preference.) Buzz Lightyear's SRR is sorta equal to MIB in my head, but I like the IP/general look of BL more than MIB.

I'd like to clarify again (so I'm not eaten alive), I thoroughly enjoy MIB.. it's just not my favorite shooter. I never go on MIB unless it's during HHN and we're all drunk, then it's the bees knees.

Why are you assuming it's a shooter?

Probably cause I made a joke a few pages ago about "Catching them all" instead of shooting all the aliens.

As far as I can tell no one knows what a Pokemon ride would be like yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was interactive in some way.

And I see nothing wrong with one theme park having three interactive rides, as long as they're good rides.

Probably cause I made a joke a few pages ago about "Catching them all" instead of shooting all the aliens.

As far as I can tell no one knows what a Pokemon ride would be like yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was interactive in some way.

And I see nothing wrong with one theme park having three interactive rides, as long as they're good rides.

Interactive I can see, which is why I continue to bring up Ride-and-Go-Seek. I think it'll be that kind of interactivity rather than a shooter

Interactive I can see, which is why I continue to bring up Ride-and-Go-Seek. I think it'll be that kind of interactivity rather than a shooter
Yeah, nobody's gonna want to shoot the adorable Pokemon. But an extremely detailed and lengthy dark ride where the goal is to find all 151 Pokemon in the environment using cameras/flashlights/etc.? That'd be perfection.

I assume that MIB would be replaced by the showbuilding for the Pokemon attraction, and the path between the ride and SNW will be bridged with the shopping and dining for Pokemon.

Reactions: tankart150
The thing that i find annoying is there are brand new rides that are not on MIB's level (Jimmy Fallon) and something coming soon that I'm 95% won't be as good as MIB (Fast the Furious)... Why couldn't they build a pokemon ride there x2..... Now we have have to hold on to these Fallon, F&F, Minion rides for the next 20+ years even though they aren't that great. While things like The Mummy and MIB get cut no fair.
None of Universal's latest additions have been on par lately. There regressing, not progressing, something they used to do in each new addition.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Technically impossible, MiB is situated next to the Simpsons. Are they're really routing the entrance to the back so they could kick MiB out and replace it with Pokemon without interfering with the Simpsons area?

Reactions: tankart150
Technically impossible, MiB is situated next to the Simpsons. Are they're really routing the entrance to the back so they could kick MiB out and replace it with Pokemon without interfering with the SImpsons area?
Exactly why the whole scenario makes zero sense
They should build a whole park about video games on the 500 acre land..
You can't shoehorn dozens of properties in one fraction of a park, it's not worth it

Reactions: Ashhanbre
None of Universal's latest additions have been on par lately. There regressing, not progressing, something they used to do in each new addition.

One bad ride (Fallon) and one misguided one (F&F) and "They're regressing! The end is nigh!"

Y'all are gonna be changing your tune real quick after F&F is out of the way.

Technically impossible, MiB is situated next to the Simpsons. Are they're really routing the entrance to the back so they could kick MiB out and replace it with Pokemon without interfering with the SImpsons area?

Uhhhh not technically impossible at all. There's a big empty piece of land right behind MIB that they can use to connect SNW with Pokémon.

You can't shoehorn dozens of properties in one fraction of a park, it's not worth it

You also can't shoehorn a park into a single theme and limit your audience. They aren't putting "dozens" of properties into USF. They're putting Mario (for sure) and Pokémon (rumored).

I argue that SNW and Pokemon land should be close, but not together...Kidzone and MIB seems perfect to me...Plus, they need to use the land behind Simpsons and flex the park out a bit more

Reactions: Joel

The bottom line is that Comcast/Universal is making a ton of money from hotels and park entrance fees. Are they, like Disney, creating attractions bigger and more entertaining than any other place in the world? I would say the answer is, pretty much yes.

You are painting in very broad brush strokes when you should be painting with a little tiny artists brush...

Reactions: Frank Drackman

I'm just gonna point out the last few games had pokemon you ride on and Yoshi is concept is a riding an AA. Makes way more sense for Universal to go that route and show off the world of Pokemon and hit on the biggest thing argued in the tv show and games about the bond between humans and pokemon.

riding.png

A interconnected three track ride where all the ride vehicles are pokemon AAs and two ride profiles being trackless and thrilling (Water and ground) and one high above as you fly over the land, not only capturing but training and fighting legendary pokemon throughout the multiple regions of pokemon.

At least then you have a greatly different experience than MIB and ride repeat-ability as you put three rides in one. I'm also going to point out shooters are common but with projecton mapping you literally could have the AAs react to one another real time in a way much stronger than Ride and Go Seek which is still kinda mundane.

If anything closes, Comcast/Universal has to ensure whats new is better than what left. I think thats the ongoing challenge.

Reactions: Frank Drackman

Unless Nintendo is a giant billion dollar company like Disney or Universal and is willing to find a partner, pay out royalties, shoulder the burden of maintaining the food places, rides, operators, employees, maintenance, and providing high-top quality rides, it's very impossible and downright laughable. It's better to team up with a company with more money and experience for themed attractions.

Uhhhh not technically impossible at all. There's a big empty piece of land right behind MIB that they can use to connect SNW with Pokémon.

That's true, but the empty space behind MiB you're talking about is also used to accommodate marching bands and other activities.

Last edited:
That's true, but the empty space behind MiB you're talking about is also used to accommodate marching bands and other activities.

Marching bands? How often does USF have marching bands? :lol:

Pokemon sounds much like rooster fighting:

The franchise was created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1995,[6]and is centered on fictional creatures called "Pokémon", which humans, known as Pokémon Trainers, catch and train to battle each other for sport.

Yea, it falls apart when you think about it, but it's cartoony and works.