Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 384 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What would replace MIB and why?!
1) The current rumor is that Pokemon would be a "Phase 1.5" very shortly after the original land, which would bridge a path between SNW and the former World Expo and replace MIB with a Pokemon attraction.
2) MIB is a great ride but it's aging. It's based off a broken and dated IP, and the attraction itself is one of the best interactive ones out there but is a bit run down in some ways. I could see why they'd maybe want to restart and do a new interactive attraction based off a timeless IP in its place.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
1) The current rumor is that Pokemon would be a "Phase 1.5" very shortly after the original land, which would bridge a path between SNW and the former World Expo and replace MIB with a Pokemon attraction.
2) MIB is a great ride but it's aging. It's based off a broken and dated IP, and the attraction itself is one of the best interactive ones out there but is a bit run down in some ways. I could see why they'd maybe want to restart and do a new interactive attraction based off a timeless IP in its place.
They could always refurbish it, plus, a new film is coming out. If they MIB, I think I'm done with Universal, as that's my only incentive to go :(
This is not a Jim Hill style rumor that it may close, is it?!
The only solution is for me to buy the attraction, I'm sick of these cheapo executives who don't understand what guests like. Pokémon should go somewhere else, I'm sorry
Things like this make me depressed and wanting to go back in time to when the ride first opened, when no one cared about an attractions popularity due to selling merchandise. Does waterworld or Bourne sell merch? Universal needs to use common sense and think carefully.
Where's the source?

Last edited:
The only solution is for me to buy the attraction, I'm sick of these cheapo executives who don't understand what guests like.
I love MIB too, don't get me wrong, but the GP would adore a Pokemon ride much, much, much more. And it'd make infinitely more money and draw infinitely more people to the resort. A new MIB movie won't save the franchise from being broken/dead, IMO, and there's only so much funds worth investing in a ride based off an IP like that.

I love MIB too, don't get me wrong, but the GP would adore a Pokemon ride much, much, much more. And it'd make infinitely more money and draw infinitely more people to the resort. A new MIB movie won't save the franchise from being broken/dead, IMO, and there's only so much funds worth investing in a ride based off an IP like that.
Only kids, not adults. Why does everything have to be about selling merchandise!
@Legacy was the one who heard of MiB closing, and @Disneyhead was the one who I think indicated that what MiB would be replaced by is Nintendo.

And..I'm confused, what do you mean by buying? You mean the franchise rights in general, or what?
Buying and moving the attraction to my house. Is there a source for the closing rumor?

They could always refurbish it, plus, a new film is coming out. If they MIB, I think I'm done with Universal, as that's my only incentive to go :(
This is not a Jim Hill style rumor that it may close, is it?!
The only solution is for me to buy the attraction, I'm sick of these cheapo executives who don't understand what guests like. Pokémon should go somewhere else, I'm sorry
Things like this make me depressed and wanting to go back in time to when the ride first opened, when no one cared about an attractions popularity due to selling merchandise. Does waterworld or Bourne sell merch? Universal needs to use common sense and think carefully.
Where's the source?
How is replacing an old ride with a brand new ride and land cheap?

Only kids, not adults. Why does everything have to be about selling merchandise!

Buying and moving the attraction to my house. Is there a source for the closing rumor?

Here is the thing, Pokemon is loved hugely by a mix of children AND adults. Not to mention, Pokemon is one of the largest IP's that Nintendo has.

And that Men in Black 3 only earned half a billion, and that the film was Will Smith's idea. And that this could allow Universal to eliminate a dated ride system, alongside of what is a dated IP (as I am not expecting that new MIB Spin-off/Remake to make money). Pokemon, is a massive moneymaking machine that is iconic for all-ages.

Reactions: Grits0808
Here is the thing, Pokemon is loved hugely by a mix of children AND adults. Not to mention, Pokemon is one of the largest IP's that Nintendo has.

And that Men in Black 3 only earned half a billion, and that the film was Will Smith's idea. And that this could allow Universal to eliminate a dated ride system, alongside of what is a dated IP (as I am not expecting that new MIB Spin-off/Remake to make money). Pokemon, is a massive moneymaking machine that is iconic for all-ages.

Yea, let's look at this realistically...Pokémon started when millenials were kids. It was a phenomenon. It's continued to sell like hotcakes, and now millenials are having kids to take to parks. Which IP is gonna bring more of them in?

MiB is in a PRIME spot. The plot is a weenie, and it has the ability to be expanded back into the open plot. With everything else in the cards, MiB’s days are numbered because they HAVE to be.

It’s as numbered as T2 was in 2014. Not soon but lots of small factors show it’s going eventually. It mostly helps that the ride system is not supported by the manufacturer anymore and is antiquated.

Wow unearthed this post from 2008 about Harry Potter coming to IOA?

Reactions: GAcoaster
Just kid's attractions, I have never spent much time there but I hear George's water play and Barney is pretty good even though I would strangle the purple beast if I could get him in an alley.
Everytime we go, we go to curious George (this was without a kid). Now having a kid we do Barney and actually to my surprise it's very nice show. Especially the play area after! Too bad Universal couldnt get their hands on Sesame Street a long time ago!