Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 385 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would take every other shooting ride (I've been on) over MIB if they were located at Universal.

Waaaaat. This is lunacy

Arguing to keep MIB over Pokemon is far more legitimate than the Jaws > Harry Potter apologists.

From a ride perspective I’d agree, as it’s hard to imagine them improving upon near perfection (though I think a Pokémon ride would probably end up being great).

But from a money making perspective it’s a no brainer

Reactions: Quint and Joel
The thing that i find annoying is there are brand new rides that are not on MIB's level (Jimmy Fallon) and something coming soon that I'm 95% won't be as good as MIB (Fast the Furious)... Why couldn't they build a pokemon ride there x2..... Now we have have to hold on to these Fallon, F&F, Minion rides for the next 20+ years even though they aren't that great. While things like The Mummy and MIB get cut no fair.

Reactions: tankart150
as Tim Gunn would say ... Make it Work... Mario and Pokemon don't really coexist anywhere except smash brothers as far as I know... I'm sure it will be great when it's all done I just am annoyed because after spending like 4 days at the parks MIB Is a top 10 possibly top 5 attraction between the two parks IMHO.

Reactions: Grits0808
What I worry about with this rumor is that a very good, practical effect shooter like MIB will be replaced by a screen based, catch the pokemon (shooting pokeballs) type shooter that is more like TSMM than Buzz. I can't image a catch the pokemon type shooter that would work with practical effects.

What I worry about with this rumor is that a very good, practical effect shooter like MIB will be replaced by a screen based, catch the pokemon (shooting pokeballs) type shooter that is more like TSMM than Buzz. I can't image a catch the pokemon type shooter that would work with practical effects.

Why are you assuming it's a shooter?

Also, from day 1, Nintendo has been basically 0 screens. I don't see that changing for Pokemon

Why are you assuming it's a shooter?

Also, from day 1, Nintendo has been basically 0 screens. I don't see that changing for Pokemon
I was under the impression, from some of the rumors, that this would be a "catch the Pokémon" based ride. What else can they really do with this property? Pokémon Snap is not exactly an exciting game or ride IMHO.

I was under the impression, from some of the rumors, that this would be a "catch the Pokémon" based ride. What else can they really do with this property? Pokémon Snap is not exactly an exciting game or ride IMHO.

I haven't seen any posts alluding to a "catch pokemon" ride, but maybe I missed it.

I disagree about Pokémon Snap not being an exciting game or ride. Monsters INC Ride and Go Seek in Tokyo is basically a Monsters Inc version of Pokémon Snap and that ride is legitimately great.

Are we talking about totally demolishing the MIB building or re-theming it to Pokemon? I would think they could re-theme it and make it a "Gotta Catch Em All" interactive shooter of some kind.

Reactions: Grits0808
Are we talking about totally demolishing the MIB building or re-theming it to Pokemon? I would think they could re-theme it and make it a "Gotta Catch Em All" interactive shooter of some kind.

I think they gut the building, at the very least. I don't see them keeping the ride system, as it's (allegedly) on its last legs.

Reactions: Alicia
Considering the rumors are Ministry of Magic is going to be an interactive wand shooter, the likelihood that a Pokémon attraction ride next door would also be an interactive shooter is extremely unlikely.

Just give me a Kanto tour with 151 animatronics, and I’ll be thrilled.

It's a Pokémon World boat ride. Add some Korean Pop music repeating over and over and you will have Universal's equivalent to it's a small world.

Universal has completely or partially demo’d for all attractions since 2012, so I assume so.

Reactions: Alicia