Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO it’s the only way to do things like the bananas and shells. Characters and scenery will be real, but IDK how else they pull of the power ups
To keep the line moving and load process from taking too long, it's my understanding you will pick up your goggles and harness before the preshow room, which there will be several. There you will learn how to get your harness on and Team Members will assist getting it set up for you-before load.

This reminds me how the interactive shooter haunted house at Busch Gardens works. With three or so prep rooms, there's always one ready for guests to start gearing up and the line won't get too bottlenecked by the process.

I assume harnesses are needed for battery packs/CPU/etc. If they pull this off it could be revolutionary... if not, we'll still have a cool dark ride with AAs and super colorful scenery. So I'm glad to see them try.

I assume harnesses are needed for battery packs/CPU/etc. If they pull this off it could be revolutionary... if not, we'll still have a cool dark ride with AAs and super colorful scenery. So I'm glad to see them try.

I'd think it would make more sense to have the CPU, battery, etc on board the RV and just have a cord that goes from the glasses to the RV. It would reduce the cost greatly. Theres the issue of designing a plug that wouldn't allow for loose connections and can stand up to being plugged in a few thousand times a day, but that still seems the better option.

Harnesses are not necessary as Meta already have models of glasses which lacked harnesses and worked via wireless technology.
metapro_shot_one03.jpg

Yeah original 150 is all that's needed for me. Some of the newer Pokémon are great, but all I need is an AA Charizard.

Reactions: Mike S
I think we need a Yoshi and Pokémon crossover.

You ride Yoshi on a safari to find Pokémon, and catch them with his tongue. Then depending on how good the stats are Yoshi pushes out an egg with some fuzzy plush to take home.

I'm okay with the original 151 being the focus, and I completely get it, but I hope there's at least SOME references to later generations. If it's exclusively Kanto-based it'd be a waste of potential, imo.

Why have a ride with only 151 AAs when you can have a ride with 805 AAs?

Anyways wouldn't it be smarter to do a poll or survey an audience than promoting Kanto just to attract the fans 20 years ago who never played any of the newer games since then which can alienate some of the younger fans.

Harnesses are not necessary as Meta already have models of glasses which lacked harnesses and worked via wireless technology.
metapro_shot_one03.jpg

Pump the breaks.

Those concepts are from 2013 and my understanding is they never shipped. Look up the current models online to see how impractical this is. Using AR before it’s not at a place yet for use in an attraction.

Reactions: socaljoeyb